View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 06:11 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)

After quite a delay, the next chapter is here.

Chapter 6

What's the Toll?

Finklar was getting uneasy for two reasons. The first was it was near impossible to even move through the foilage. The second was that there were still no outlaws. 'Crossing the river would be easier than this! Unless there's a bridge, we'll have to swim over! Wait... Germ has electric pants... Oh dear...' Thought Finklar. It was getting slightly colder too.

Nightfall came once again. Finklar wasn't awake around the fire this time. Abe was. 'Why isn't anybody else but some birds here? Where're the scrabs, the paramites, even a few elums? Something is wrong... The birds are getting to be fewer too.' Maybe the outlaws were staked out close by and shot everything that came in sight. That would explain why it seemed devoident of life. Besides the plants, obvoiusly. Abe dwelled on this a little more before falling asleep again.

The next morning it was getting even colder and the brambles seemed to be shrinking. After a few hours of walking it was clear why. They hadn't gone in a straight line to the river. They had gone too north. Now they had gotten to Sekto's destroyed damn anyway. A few grubbs were sitting around. Unseen, the trio crept past to the newly created bridge. A couple more of the things were on guard.
"Hey! You can't like, just sneak by and come in! You have to, like pay a fine!" Said one spotting them.
"Yeah, pay, like the, toll dude!" Said another.
"Very well," Said Finklar with a sigh, " How much is it?"
"It's like twenty moolah for you!" Said the same grubb as before.
"No it was way fifty!" Said the other.
"Hey dudes, I think it was, like thirty-three." Said a third grubb.
"No way man, it was so twenty!" Said the second.
"Look if you let us by I'll give you 103 moolah." Said Finklar impatiently.
"Wow dude! That's like how much it was I think!" Said the second Grubb.
"You just said it was like fifty man!" Said the first.
"I changed my mind dude. Is that like bad? Is that-"
"Enough! Just let us through!" Said Finklar.
"Alright, alright! Hold your scrabs dude!" Said the first, totally forgetting the toll. Breathing a sigh of releif, Finklar, Germ and Abe walked over the bridge to the other side.
"Do they always do that kind of thing?" Asked Germ.
"I think so." Said Finklar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!