Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 07-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Thudslug

ZANGG managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerox View Post
B. Shouldn't Abe be running away by this point? :P That is, however he ended up with the Meech there in a secret area O.o It rolled in after him, lol.
A lone paramite won't attack, yet two will. But meeches, as people have said, were going to be in HUGE packs. If anything, shouldn't the meech be running? :P
Old 07-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox heeds the wisdom of the storystones (154)Zerox heeds the wisdom of the storystones (154)

I'd think Meeches would be more aggressive than Paramites, I'm assuming they're rather bigger than a Paramite.
I'll verify that when I get a reply.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox heeds the wisdom of the storystones (154)Zerox heeds the wisdom of the storystones (154)
Wired HOLY C*APF*CK! SERIOUSLY!

Yes, this is worthy of another thread. And now I have your attention...

Quote:
Hey, your picture of a Meech is pretty good. They were scary looking things and they’ll probably make an appearance in the Oddworld movie when it comes out. For the rest of the Meeches info… I’ll try to answer what folks here remember.

The Meeches were about 3 ½ to 4 feet tall – Just below Mudokon shoulder height.

Oddworld did create the models and animations for the Meeches. They looked really cool, actually. Like a pack of wolves as they always stayed in large packs. Images or video of these was never archived. There is data but it is in storage and will be for some time, so it is unaccessible.

While Oddworld is currently focused on the Citizen Siege film and game there is still work being done on the early stages of the Oddworld movie. When the movie gets the greenlight, then a new game will follow along with it. The movie will focus on Abe’s story.

Paramites come from Queens, but Scrabs do not.

Hope this is helpful,

ML
Paramites come from queens, and Scrabs don't? Neat.

They liked my Meech pic? Awesome.

Oddworld movie!? And a game to go with it!? Hell yes!

This is pretty much some of the best news I've heard in a long while.

8DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Old 07-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Grubb Fisherman

Chubfish has learned amuch throughout their quest (538)Chubfish has learned amuch throughout their quest (538)Chubfish has learned amuch throughout their quest (538)Chubfish has learned amuch throughout their quest (538)Chubfish has learned amuch throughout their quest (538)Chubfish has learned amuch throughout their quest (538)

That is awesome! Now I know whether scrabs had queens or not. And with a Oddworld movie + game to go with the movie!? Thats awesome too! Nice one Zerox!

Old 07-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Super Stingbee

SligStorm managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (24)
Oddworld

Quote:
Yes, this is worthy of another thread. And now I have your attention...

Paramites come from queens, and Scrabs don't? Neat.

They liked my Meech pic? Awesome.

Oddworld movie!? And a game to go with it!? Hell yes!

This is pretty much some of the best news I've heard in a long while.

8DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
1. This belongs in oddworld emails topic
2. We allready know theres gonna be a oddworld movie after citizens ceige.
3. Atleast we know there scale now.

Last edited by SligStorm; 07-07-2007 at 01:20 PM..
Old 07-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (54)

Wow, awesome. So much information, so little time

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

Old 07-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Clakker Store Clerk

Venks keeps ya spleen toasty (128)Venks keeps ya spleen toasty (128)

By the Great Worm Spirit whose loins sprouted the infinite universe!!!

Thats nice info right there, I was surprised by the fact that Paramites come from Queens. I assumed that they like all the other animals of Oddworld were not super species.

However this helps with my story...

I make games and write gaming discussion articles. Check them out!

Old 07-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Screaming Bender

Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)

Brilliant news Zerox! It would make sense for Paramites to have queens, seeing as all species of them travel in packs and wouldn't kill eachother.
And it also sounds great about the Oddworld movie and game, another Abe game!
Old 07-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Clakker Store Clerk

BTW Zerox, how long does it normally take to get a reply from OWI?

I sent a message a couple minutes ago and am just curious as to how long I may have to wait.

Old 07-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Outlaw Sniper

Arxryl managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

Wow, this is some interesting info! Thanks for posting it!

Our fate is sealed only when we accept it. -~Arxryl~-

Old 07-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (36)

Well, this information is surprising. Now we know more about Meeches than Max or Xavier probably know. I wonder how they got the information on how tall a Meech was. I am also surprised that Meeches' height varies.

I think when they say that Paramites come from queens, perhaps they mean their is a system where there is a specific Paramite that breeds, and the rest do not. That would make a little sense, as the packs probably should focus more on feeding everyone and hunting, without mating, mating rivalery, and pregency holding them back. That seems much more fitting, as Scrabs would probably be the opposite.

I agree with Nate in a different topic, the game is probably the old Abe games slightly editted and transported in a new set, with SligStorm. Although, they will probably get more buyers if they make an entirely different game. So I have so guesses as of now.

OT: In other news, I do believe I found a game website that said CS will be produced on the PC....

Old 07-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Clakker Store Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaveless View Post
I agree with Nate in a different topic, the game is probably the old Abe games slightly editted and transported in a new set, with SligStorm. Although, they will probably get more buyers if they make an entirely different game. So I have so guesses as of now.
Is Sligstorm seriously going to be included? *High hopes*

Last edited by Wil; 07-17-2007 at 04:16 AM..
Old 07-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)

It's a theory, nothing else. I mean, they're not even working on an Abe movie so there's no point getting excited just yet.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Bolamite

zimfromBM keeps ya spleen toasty (148)zimfromBM keeps ya spleen toasty (148)

I want the meech models so much!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Screaming Bender

Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)

If the Oddworld games were remade they'd probably appeal more to people if it was 3D. I for one would like to see them being 2-dimensional again, but with a 3D touch, like on the originals. They could make the graphics even more beautiful than they already are. But I don't see it happening, I think we'll be getting a new game altogether.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:20 AM
Outlaw Mortar

Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)

Awesome news. Incredible that they've finally given out all this info on Meeches, and I'm looking forward to the film. But if they do a game of it, wouldn't that make it the game of the film of the game? Kind of odd. But still, anything that gives us new OW games is fine in my book.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:25 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)

Zerox, you are a legend. This is wonderful new info on Oddworld’s wildlife. Even at their most insular times, OWI are for the fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaveless View Post
Now we know more about Meeches than Max or Xavier probably know.
Seeing as we can also read the email Zerox posted, it’s difficult to imagine you know ‘more’.

Oh, and I don’t think this deserves a new thread. *killjoy*

Old 07-08-2007, 06:02 AM
Outlaw Mortar

Yay I'm teh legend 8D

Doesn't it, Max? I was thinking on the movie aspect...I don't understand how Sligstorm said we already knew about that, I certainly didn't.

@Venks: A few days, usually, within the week.

@Nate: Didn't you read? it said they already had started some production of the movie. probably not much yet, but they have. So neh.

Maybe Paramites have a system less like Termites, but more like something like Naked Mole Rats, at least in terms of numbers. One breeding female, not too much different from the rest, but obviously slightly larger than the rest. Packs go out in numbers for safety, hunt, eat as much as they can, then get back to the nest, where they can regurgitate some food for young and the queen.

I've currently asked about Gloktigi's natural habitat (completely aquatic? Amphibious? *shrugs*) as well as what console the future game/s will be on, as well as whether they may be 2D or 3D.

I'll post the reply here, as opposed to a new thread...

And next time, I'm asking how much longer they'll put up with my incessant questions :P
Old 07-08-2007, 06:16 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9213)

The Oddworld movie is only in pre‐production, and has been for years. It’s not actually being made yet. We knew Citizen Siege would be followed by an Oddworld film, and we knew all OWI productions in the future are intended to be film/game combos.

Gloktigi are Glukkon/Oktigi hybrids bred as egotistical but loyal elite guards. I don’t think they have a natural habitat.

I’m tempted to split this thread into creature discussion and future‐of‐OWI discussion at some point, since MoxCo’s thread already deals with the latter.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:47 AM
Outlaw Mortar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max the Mug View Post
The Oddworld movie is only in pre‐production, and has been for years. It’s not actually being made yet. We knew Citizen Siege would be followed by an Oddworld film, and we knew all OWI productions in the future are intended to be film/game combos.
Off course, I was probably the only one who didn't know about that, aren't I...wherever that information is actually published, like, anywhere. I've never seen in it.

Quote:
Gloktigi are Glukkon/Oktigi hybrids bred as egotistical but loyal elite guards. I don’t think they have a natural habitat.
D: I reckon that's the reply I'll be given from OWI, then...

Quote:
I’m tempted to split this thread into creature discussion and future‐of‐OWI discussion at some point, since MoxCo’s thread already deals with the latter.
Kay.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Outlaw Semi Auto

Matriar keeps ya spleen toasty (141)Matriar keeps ya spleen toasty (141)

Quote:
Finally...
From info@oddworld.com:
When I read the title "HOLY C*APF*CK! SERIOUSLY!" I expected that Oddworld.com finally has updated or something. And not some infos about fleeches...

No , I like the news about the movie.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Rabid Fuzzle

Salamander does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (79)

I don't doubt the probability of Meeches appearing in future [hypothetical] Oddworld games. In AO we are told of the Meeches extinction by the poster in Rupture Farms (and Abe states that the meeches are extinct), this only suggests that the industrialists (and those who find themselves 'Freedom challenged') believe that the Meeches are extinct. Unless OWI actually gives us outside information stating the extinction of Meeches we can assume that Meeches are alive, but remain outside of the grasp of Industrialists.
Last edited by Salamander : Today at 05:18 PM.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Fuzzle

12345abe managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZANGG
But meeches, as people have said, were going to be in HUGE packs.
Ummm, HUGE packs of HUGE animals?! Oof, if these guys are gonna be in an Oddworld game, I don't think it will be a walk in the park having trouble with those... They look huge to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZANGG
If anything, shouldn't the meech be running? :P
He looks pretty dangerous and huge... But yet again, meeches could just be small, like meeps... you never know...

Is abe a number?

Old 07-09-2007, 01:26 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345abe View Post
But yet again, meeches could just be small, like meeps... you never know...
They are 3·5–​4 ′ tall, as we were told.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:10 AM
Thudslug

ZANGG managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (17)

Which I'd estimate to be about halfway between a paramite and a mudokon's height?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:03 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Paramites average 3′ tall. Mudokons average 5′8 tall. Matt Lee says Meeches came up to just under Mudokons’ shoulders in height.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Screaming Bender

I always imagined Meeches to be just under the height of a Scrab, seeing as their bone structures are similar.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:45 AM
National Treasure

OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5601)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5601)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5601)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5601)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5601)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5601)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5601)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5601)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5601)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5601)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5601)

Very interesting art, SligStorm!

EDIT: whoops, didn't realize this was on two pages.

Very interesting recent artwork there, SligStorm!

Last edited by OddjobAbe; 07-09-2007 at 06:51 AM..
Old 07-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Outlaw Mortar

'nother reply...
Quote:
Future games can be a variety of both, depending on what system they are built for. There are ongoing discussions to see the 2D Abe games brought to PSP and other handheld devices. This is still to be determined.

The Gloktigi are aquatic in nature, but can remain on land if they have “a host”.

You must try Munch’s Oddysee as well as Stranger’s Wrath. Very much worth the play. Munch was a very unique game. Stranger crossed boundaries of super action and adventurous story.

Hope this has been helpful,

ML
I believe he may have mixed Oktigi up with Gloktigi, as Gloktigi don't need hosts, to my knowledge, so I've asked about that.

Last edited by Wil; 07-17-2007 at 04:21 AM..
Old 07-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Outlaw Semi Auto

Matriar keeps ya spleen toasty (141)Matriar keeps ya spleen toasty (141)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SligStorm View Post
Meech in colour:
(I know, this message is pretty late but I really saw this the first time now.)

Man, these creatures look pretty cool!
I like the idea with the two mouths (if I see this picture right).