Disclaimer: Flying Mudokons is being developed solely as an educational, not-for-profit fan activity and in no way intends to infringe on copyright held by Oddworld Inhabitants, Just Add Water or other respective companies and is not affiliated with any of these companies in any way. Flying Mudokons uses assets borrowed from Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee.
You might remember a single-level game I made back in Januari this year, called Angry Mudokons
, it was a simple, physics based game inspired by Angry Birds, made for a school assignment. A lot of you played it, and I got really good feedback from it, but mostly, you wanted to just play more levels. I am putting you in control of that, right now, with my new fan game: Flying Mudokons.
Flying Mudokons was made over the past few months for another school assignment. It took me a little over 160 hours to create. It has 10 build-in levels, to play around and have a good time, but even better, it has an level editor that allows you to create your own levels, and share it with the rest of the forums! If you want to play: The play and download links are at the bottom of this post!
Thank you and enjoy!
- Pull on the "Slingshot Towers" with left mouse button to aim a Mudokon.
- Release the left mouse button to launch the Mudokon.
Controls: Level Editor
- Move your left mouse against the side of the game screen to move in that direction. It is also possible to use the W, A, S, D or Arrow Keys to move around in the level editor.
- Left mouse click on a (new) asset in the asset browser on the left to select is.
- Left mouse click on a placed asset to select it.
- Left mouse click on an snapping point (green point) while having an asset selected places the asset at that snapping point.
- Right mouse click on a placed asset to remove it. (Currently bugged in Unity Web Player)
Importing / Exporting / Sharing Level Codes
Level codes for Flying Mudokons are based on a string of characters with a length of 30 characters. This allows the level code to be copied and shared with ease. A level code looks like this: "EAAAAAAAADAADFAALCIJJKACNAAAAA".
This is the level code for the first build-in level, the first character, in this case the "E", stands for the amount of Mudokons that can be shot, accepted characters are A (= 1) to E (= 5). The second character, in this case "A", stands for the theme of the level, "A" is Native and "B" is Industrial. The other 28 characters control which assets are placed into the levels.
Level Codes From Build-In Levels
The following codes are the level codes from the build-in levels, allowing you to play around with them or use them as a basis for new levels.
Level 1: "EAAAAAAAADAADFAALCIJJKACNAAAAA".
Level 2: "EAAAQAAQOOLLAAJOOLDALAOONNNHNO".
Level 3: "EAAQABAAOAJJJAAOAAQAOAOOOKEOEO".
Level 4: "EAQBAQBFOOBOOBOOOBOOBOOOBOOBOO".
Level 5: "AAMAMAAAAOAPAMAAOAPAPAHOAOAOAA".
Level 6: "EBAAAAAAHAADAADLIJKAAJKMEMAMAM".
Level 7: "ABAAAQAAAANIKQAOOOAALAOOOACADO".
Level 8: "BBAAAAAAAAACCCCAAIJJJJAACCCCCA".
Level 9: "BBADAAAAACPBFAAAMMMPHAAMMMMMEA".
Level 10: "EBAAABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ".
Button Guide: Common
Back to Menu: This will take you back to the main menu if you are in the level editor or level selection screen. It will take you back to the level selection screen if you are playing a build in-game.
Replay: Replay the previously played level.
Audio: This will allow you to turn off in-game audio.
Button Guide: Level Editor
Hide: Hides the level editor user interface.
Import Level Code: This will allow you to import a level code into the level editor.
Export Level Code: This will export the current level code to a 30 character string.
Test Level: This will allow you to test your created level.
Back to Editor: This will take you back to the level editor while testing.
- [Bug:001-FIXED][Windows, Mac and Linux] Application title is an old version number instead of the title.
- [Bug:002-FIXED][Web Player] Right mouse click in the level editor pops up an Unity Web Player menu.
- [Bug:003-FIXED][All Platforms] Sometimes during gameplay the score screen pops up too early. (Thanks to Varrok for reporting.)
- [Bug:004-FIXED][All Platforms] Sometimes the button "Back to Menu" is replaced by "Back to Editor" without testing an level editor game.
- [Bug:005-FIXED][All Platforms] If a build-in level is replayed, and a lower score than last time is achieved, the higher score will be overwritten.
- [Bug:006-FIXED][All Platforms] If an level has been played, returned to the menu and the level editor is loaded, the previously played level is opened in the level editor.
If you would like to report a bug, please let me know what the bug is you encountered, how you did it (are you able to replicate the bug?) and if you encountered the bug in the Web, Windows, Mac or Linux version.
- [30-05-2013] Game online. (v1.0)
- [03-06-2013] Bug fixes and update (v1.05). Bugs 001 to 006 fixed. Added WASD and arrow movement to the level editor. Removed Microsoft and Electronic Arts from the legalese. Made some adjustments to the Mudokon-head awarding.
Play Flying Mudokons Here.
Please be aware that in order to play it online, you need the Unity Webplayer, which you can download (for free) here
. Current Flying Mudokons version is 1.05.
Flying Mudokons Standalone Windows (v1.05): Download from MEGA
. (14.7 MB)
Flying Mudokons Standalone Mac (v1.05): Download form MEGA
. (15.1 MB)
Flying Mudokons Standalone Linux (v1.05): Download from MEGA
. (16.1 MB)