Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 08-28-2015, 08:32 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)
Default Oddworld Released For WiiU

Okay first of all yay it's finally ported I hope it does well.
Secondly, they really wanted to scrub into our faces that the scrabs don't have their original sounds there at the end, didn't they?

Xorlidyr: The tidal waves clean our sins.

My Steam: spiderqueen ;Oddio is the best pun

Old 08-28-2015, 09:07 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)

I like the fact that it lags even on the trailer.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:14 AM
cun't spill

Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)

I think they slowed it down to make it look more "cinematic".

But yeah. I'm going to get it. Of all the consoles to play it on. Wii U has always interested me more.

Twitter | Discord: @Crashpunk25

Old 08-28-2015, 09:24 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashpunk View Post

But yeah. I'm going to get it. Of all the consoles to play it on. Wii U has always interested me more.
Oh yes, believe them. I cannot wait to see the look on your face.

I remember Sonic Boom.

Also, they used the cinematic feel* only in scenes having multiple characters on the screen.

*copyrighted by Ubisoft

Last edited by Varrok; 08-28-2015 at 09:29 AM..
Old 08-29-2015, 12:50 AM
Oddworld Inhabitant

OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashpunk View Post
Yep, in the section in RF with the portal, this is of course correct. We thought that'd be obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job McYossie View Post
Secondly, they really wanted to scrub into our faces that the scrabs don't have their original sounds there at the end, didn't they?
Er, no.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:01 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)

Will there be new content ?
Old 08-29-2015, 08:16 AM
Sleg

FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)

Does the touchscreen do anything interesting? Does it even display anything at all? Using it to aim grenades would be nice.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:39 AM
cun't spill

Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)

That'd be cool. But I think you can just play the game on the Game Pad screen.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:30 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)

That slow framerate = cinematic thing is so much bullshit. Like yeah I believe that's what they did but it doesn't have that affect at all. Not just in NnT, but I've seen other games attempt it too and it just looks really bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedAssassin View Post
Does the touchscreen do anything interesting? Does it even display anything at all? Using it to aim grenades would be nice.
A realtime map would be cool.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:53 PM
Outlaw Cutter

Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)

I've seen it done in movies and it's annoying.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:57 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Like it's soooo hard to make animations slower* for the purpose of the trailer, to look like a real slow-motion instead of this choppy failure.

*plus they were tweaking animations a lot during NnT production, so they must have some experience with it
Old 08-30-2015, 01:13 AM
Outlaw Cutter

I mean I don't feel like slowdown was necessary. unless they slowed down the whole game.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:57 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Me neither, but if they decided to do them, they could have at least done it correctly.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:19 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)

Nah, slow frame rate is all the rage these days. Fuck that 120+FPS bullshit.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:14 AM
cun't spill

New Blog Post: http://www.oddworld.com/2015/09/abes...fans-on-wii-u/

Old 09-02-2015, 05:39 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)

The thought of playing NnT on Wii U seems really frustrating to me, although that's probably because I don't really like the gamepad. Cool to see it being ported to another console regardless, though.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:47 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)

Wait - were there JAW/OWI employees at PAX or was it just part of the Wii booth? They should have got in touch with me and hung out.

EDIT: Uhhh... definitely not OWI employees, come to think of it. Not after the money hat.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:54 AM
Oddworld Inhabitant

OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Wait - were there JAW/OWI employees at PAX or was it just part of the Wii booth? They should have got in touch with me and hung out.

EDIT: Uhhh... definitely not OWI employees, come to think of it. Not after the money hat.
OWI was at PAX, yes.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:55 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)

Quote:
Originally Posted by owi_alex View Post
OWI was at PAX, yes.
That's new. Well, next time you're in Seattle, look me up!

Old 09-04-2015, 02:27 AM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)

I remember the money hat, but I think OWI would be crazy not to attend any PAX because of that.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:01 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)

Will there be new content in this WiiU version ?
Old 09-05-2015, 08:36 AM
Outlaw Cutter

I have to assume that the answer is "no". I'm asking because the guys from OWI-JAW are lurking this forum.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:59 AM
cun't spill

It's just a port. I don't even know if Alf's Escape is in the Wii U version.

Old 09-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
I remember the money hat, but I think OWI would be crazy not to attend any PAX because of that.
That's what I was told by a certain person who shall remain anonymous when I asked if OWI would be coming down to PaxAus a few years ago.