Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 04-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Spark Stunk

Xorlidyr has learned amuch throughout their quest (526)Xorlidyr has learned amuch throughout their quest (526)Xorlidyr has learned amuch throughout their quest (526)Xorlidyr has learned amuch throughout their quest (526)Xorlidyr has learned amuch throughout their quest (526)Xorlidyr has learned amuch throughout their quest (526)

It is very beautiful.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)

I've missed those cuntworms <3

Old 04-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Thudslug

Admiral Zaarin is on a roll now (229)Admiral Zaarin is on a roll now (229)Admiral Zaarin is on a roll now (229)

That's how fleeches breed.

Old 04-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Outlaw Sniper

Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)

It's good to see the cuntworms are alive and well on an alien planet. Warms my heart. :')

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manco View Post
I think you’re all reading too much into the original comment. To me it’s Lorne hinting at how most of the Oddworld species we’ve seen have nonstandard reproduction based around queens, and the “controversial” part being either that a video game would feature characters so departed from traditional human concepts of romance and sex, or that a video game would have story elements of creatures being enslaved and then forcibly bred to produce more slaves.
I thought about all of this, but because I'm super self centered and assume everyone thinks like me I figured a non-human method of handling romance and sex wouldn't be that controversial for some reason. I figured when he said controversial, it would be more impactful, I guess.

I wonder what the general consensus of mudokons, glukkons, and sligs being a super species would be to people who haven't already known about it for over a decade. I still don't think it would be anything more than an "oh, okay" from the majority.

I I I

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA View Post
yeah i've heard that mudokons are descended from birds so i assumed they didn't have dicks/balls and had something more resembling cloacas or something. i don't know much about birds though so i don't know if you can have a dick as well as a cloaca or whatever.
Cloacas can have concealed penises in them MA!!!!

Old 04-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Outlaw Shooter

Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)

Do you think Abe's a grower or a show-er?
Old 04-01-2016, 11:06 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)

I'm going to ignore the rather gross discussion that has taken place and simply say that my interpretation of Lorne's statement was simply that part of what he was exploring with Oddworld is how having the queen-based societal structures affect societies and the ways in which they interact. And he thinks that when they explore that in more detail that people will be shocked. I don't think he was actually talking about sex.

Oh, and there's more than one Mudokon queen.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:46 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Ad he thinks that when they explore that in more detail that people will be shocked.
Yes, but why (nothing shocking in Oddworld games so far)?

Last edited by Vlam; 04-02-2016 at 04:03 AM..
Old 04-02-2016, 01:24 PM
Outlaw Sniper

Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)

I'd assume specifically because it's "not conventional"

Old 04-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)

Shocked because it leads to tribalism and genocide and other political wonders.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:24 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)

Did anyone ever play that Fat Princess game where you have to steal the opponents princess and bring her back to your base? (At least it was something like that)...well the next Oddworld game is going to be that, but with Oddworld queens.

And not I don't mean Nate and Alcar.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:36 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)

I've found this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil
Lorne doesn't specify what he's talking about in terms of sexual relationships, obviously. Who's to say that Munch's Oddysee was the intended medium for this controversey? Wouldn't surprise me if it was, as the reproductive models of Glukkons and Mudokons would have been seen, but I don't see this or hermaphrodites being all that controversial.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:59 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)

I like the fact that we have a series focused on slavery, corporate greed and torture, and yet it's the superspecies that causes controversy.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:51 AM
Outlaw Cutter

I've found this:

Quote:
Alf: Well the procreation doesn’t have to be peaceful. Of course in our fairy tale minds we want it to be but it isn’t always so. As you may know creatures often act completely different in large groups. The larger the group, the stranger things get.
http://oddworldlibrary.net/archives/...ralf8_03.shtml
Old 04-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Outlaw Shooter

Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)

Those are some pretty unfortunate implications.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:16 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Sexy implications

Old 04-18-2016, 02:51 PM
Boombat Seeker

Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)
Dead

Cloaca. I'm done.

Last edited by Gunnr; 04-23-2016 at 04:28 AM..
Old 04-19-2016, 11:04 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

What

Old 04-19-2016, 11:05 AM
Outlaw Sniper

What

Old 04-19-2016, 11:06 AM
Bola Blast

FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)

In the Butt

Old 04-19-2016, 11:54 AM
cun't spill

Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)

Twitter | Discord: @Crashpunk25

Old 04-19-2016, 12:31 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)

Jumping in to make sure we all noticed that answer is responding to a question specifically bringing up how Scrabs must surely 'interact peacefully in order to procreate'. Just before anyone's imagination runs away with them.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:38 PM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)

Too late.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:42 PM
Bola Blast

FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)

Maybe Scrabs will mock-fight eachother to determine if their partner is a good match to make strong offspring? Survival of the fittest and all that. So still lots of screeching and biting, just not as much killing.

Old 04-19-2016, 03:05 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Pretty sure only males fight. Also, thinking about it, how the fuck do they fuck? I bet it's painful.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:07 AM
Boombat Seeker

Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)

That depends what scrab genitalia looks like....0.o. Some in our animal kingdom have barbs, hook-like bits, retractable or disposable and regenerative like a slug and ...then there's the enchidna....ugh. Some females kill and/or devour the males after mating.
So maybe males scrabs fight to the death for breeding rights, and females kill off the males after mating.
Animals, animals, animals oh

Last edited by Gunnr; 04-20-2016 at 11:11 AM..
Old 04-28-2016, 09:25 PM
Stingbee

UnderTheSun is on a roll now (203)UnderTheSun is on a roll now (203)UnderTheSun is on a roll now (203)

Personally, I've stumbled upon a shameful reservoir of Oddworld Rule 34 that I'd quite like to forget.

On the topic of drone mudokons, the most description I've found of them is Alf answering a question regarding their appearance with, "Big eyebrows." I assume that, as drones born to facilitate genetic variation, they would probably have feathery wings to fly to other mudokon hives, or at least to serve as a courtship display.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:06 AM
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)

I think Mudokon Drones would just need a larger loincloth.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:01 AM
Stingbee

Guineapiglet heeds the wisdom of the storystones (198)Guineapiglet heeds the wisdom of the storystones (198)

Since the comparison to a lot of OW species' breeding strategies are bees and ants, you'd think that most of them would be sterile female workers like with aforementioned species. The funny (or terrifying) thing is that, if mudokons are like bees, after mating the drone practically explodes off the queen, leaving some of his man parts inside her and dying paralyzed and member-less shortly after.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Bola Blast

Kinky.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:39 PM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineapiglet View Post
Since the comparison to a lot of OW species' breeding strategies are bees and ants, you'd think that most of them would be sterile female workers like with aforementioned species. The funny (or terrifying) thing is that, if mudokons are like bees, after mating the drone practically explodes off the queen, leaving some of his man parts inside her and dying paralyzed and member-less shortly after.
Not to mention the Queen is left with a pulsating, throbbing beenis attached to her, pumping her with sperm.

I really hope something like that is in any MO remaster.