Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 03-22-2019, 06:09 PM
Zappfly

RoyalFreshness44 managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepsotic View Post
You'd rather it be... crowdfunded??

I really don't think anybody's taking it that seriously beyond making a few forum posts.
I didn't say that?... I'm just happy its being made. Funding and whatever is not my problem, it's up to the Oddworld Team.

And good, so it should be haha.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:01 PM
Spark Stunk

Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)

Everyone's already said everything I'd suggest as feedback. Overall I like the teaser a lot. Am I correct that these cinematic assets are going to be used in-game with cutscenes running in engine? Or are cutscenes being pre-rendered again in Soulstorm?

On the Oddworld website Soulstorm page theres a new concept art for Necrum Mines that I'd not seen before. Not sure if you guys have seen it previously:

http://www.oddworld.com/soulstorm/
Old 03-24-2019, 02:56 PM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)

The cutscenes are pre-rendered inside the Unity engine. The assets used during gameplay will no doubt be much lower quality than the ones we see in the cinematics.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old Yesterday, 05:22 AM
Thudslug

Nemin heeds the wisdom of the storystones (196)Nemin heeds the wisdom of the storystones (196)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
On the Oddworld website Soulstorm page theres a new concept art for Necrum Mines that I'd not seen before. Not sure if you guys have seen it previously:

http://www.oddworld.com/soulstorm/
Oh yup, this one is quite old. We first saw it in 2017 on EGX.

https://oddwords.hu - My essays and other Oddworld-related content.

Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM
Spark Stunk

Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemin View Post
Oh yup, this one is quite old. We first saw it in 2017 on EGX.
Really? Haha I was there, didn't remember seeing that one though! I guess it's been a while

I'm very interested to see gameplay assets, how close the graphic quality will be to the cinematics. I suppose at this point we've only seen that one image from Lorne's Twitter which seemed to be a pretty early build.