Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

Old 12-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

Splat is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2194)Splat is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2194)Splat is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2194)Splat is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2194)Splat is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2194)Splat is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2194)Splat is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2194)Splat is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2194)Splat is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2194)Splat is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2194)Splat is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2194)

When it was loading and before I read the text, I thought it was a screenshot of official work.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Fuzzle

Oziah keeps ya spleen toasty (100)Oziah keeps ya spleen toasty (100)

This is awesome.

I really like your impression of the right hand side of the factory, with the stockyards and such. Looks badass.

Keep it up

Oz
Old 02-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Bolamite

zimfromBM heeds the wisdom of the storystones (152)zimfromBM heeds the wisdom of the storystones (152)

Its been a little while. I took a couple months off but now I'm back at it. of course all still WIP and unfinished. Basically all thats new since the previous pics is all the detail on the scaffolding under the sign.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:16 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (809)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (809)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (809)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (809)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (809)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (809)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (809)

The detail blows me away every-time I see this.

Xorlidyr: The tidal waves clean our sins.

My Steam: spiderqueen ;Oddio is the best pun

Old 02-10-2014, 05:03 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)

Still better than JAW's effort.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Outlaw Sniper

Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)

I'd love to know how you knew where all the pipes etc should go when you can't really see this in the original painting?

Crawling sligs will shout "Mommy!" while running around and then the slig mommy will appear and help them put their pants on.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Bolamite

zimfromBM heeds the wisdom of the storystones (152)zimfromBM heeds the wisdom of the storystones (152)

In the oddworld art book theres a pretty highly detailed 2 page spread of the whole artwork I mostly go off that for the tiny details. When I cant tell what stuff is even from that I just guess what it might be and where it goes.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:48 AM
Bolamite

This project is still alive! Ive gotten back into it recently and have a lot of progress which Ill show soon. To tide you all over, was watching the deer hunter last night and noticed some familiar architecture.
Pretty sure OWI used this steel mill as reference and used photos of the place for all the buildings in the background
http://www.steel-photo.org/wp-conten...02/mingo1g.jpg
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...o-Junction.jpg
http://eofp.net/place_images3/mingojunction7l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cDo7tzq.jpg
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/DSC06128.jpg
http://s649.photobucket.com/user/bet...a/Dsc00910.jpg

Last edited by zimfromBM; 03-23-2017 at 03:51 PM..
Old 03-19-2017, 07:40 AM
Sewer Sleg

AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (446)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (446)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (446)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (446)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (446)

Lookin forward to it. I remember your model from years back
Old 03-23-2017, 03:50 PM
Bolamite

A lil update for you.

Still so far from completion, all the stuff on the right is just a mock up not final, and all the lights and effects are severely dumbed down because i havent updated my computer since 2007. more to come soon.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:09 PM
Rabid Fuzzle

Gunnr is on a roll now (282)Gunnr is on a roll now (282)Gunnr is on a roll now (282)

^ but the sign on the right looks amazing! Look forward to seeing more updates

Barista cashier: O...k.... $1.85

Old 03-23-2017, 05:39 PM
Bolamite

oblivionkeeper23 does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (57)

The update looks amazing, you put so much effort and detail into this map, and I can't wait for the final version!!

Old 03-24-2017, 05:23 AM
Bolamite

The fun will really start when i get more of the background details done and can start getting sweet wallpapers of the factory from different angles. Idk when i was young i was really impressed by the opening shot of AO and loved the enormity of the factory. Its alot of fun to rebuild it and then imagine what wasnt shown.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:20 AM
Fuzzle

Nemin does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (90)

When three years pass, yet OP still delivers!

Look nearly identical to the original, it could easily fool me.
Very nice job man, I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished one.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:56 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey has learned amuch throughout their quest (639)Oddey has learned amuch throughout their quest (639)Oddey has learned amuch throughout their quest (639)Oddey has learned amuch throughout their quest (639)Oddey has learned amuch throughout their quest (639)Oddey has learned amuch throughout their quest (639)

Absolutely remarkable. If I have to wait another three years for an update, it'll be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Old 03-25-2017, 03:43 AM
cun't spill

Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5480)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5480)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5480)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5480)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5480)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5480)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5480)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5480)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5480)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5480)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5480)

Holy shit that looks good.

Honestly could pass for official artwork.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:36 PM
Zappfly

Wircea managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

This is true fan dedication. This is just amazing.
I can't even tell the difference from the original. Everything is exactly as I remember.

This is the real rupture farms, not the bullshit futuristic crap from nnt.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:14 AM
Bolamite

update coming soon! to tide you over
http://imgur.com/a/SycCO
This is what I see from my view. Ive finished alot of the minor details now im getting to messing around with the stockyards to see what sort of atmosphere I can create from scratch there. Will make some cool 4k wallpapers when all is said and done.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Howler Punk

Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (421)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (421)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (421)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (421)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (421)

Wow, that's awesome. It just looks like the original.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:30 AM
Bolamite

A different view of the little town thats slowly coming together. Im going to build some bridges and roads and stuff that make sense after Ive got a few more small details done.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:33 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)

Wow.

You'd never see it from such perspective in NnT.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Howler Punk

Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (421)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (421)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (421)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (421)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (421)

So much wow

Old 07-08-2017, 06:05 AM
Bolamite

The latest update the lighting and the whole of the right side is a mock up and the whole thing is of course WIP. Its getting pretty close now though.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:07 AM
Chippunk

Goodguyplayer managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

That's... That's gorgeous.
I'm loving it

Old 07-08-2017, 08:11 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey has learned amuch throughout their quest (639)Oddey has learned amuch throughout their quest (639)Oddey has learned amuch throughout their quest (639)Oddey has learned amuch throughout their quest (639)Oddey has learned amuch throughout their quest (639)Oddey has learned amuch throughout their quest (639)

From left to center-right, it's fantastic. The far right side could do with some adjustments, here and there, but as far as recreating the original, it's damn near perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Old 07-14-2017, 12:21 AM
Fuzzle

Littleleeroy keeps ya spleen toasty (116)Littleleeroy keeps ya spleen toasty (116)

I absolutely love your work. This is fantastic.
Although, the right side of the latest update has sparked some confusion for me. In AO when you leave Rupture Farms and head to the Stockyards you are travelling left with the glowing glukkon heads facing you in the background. In this art however, the path is heading to the right with the heads still facing you.

So I came up with three possibilities;
1) The heads are the same on both sides so it looks like a glukkon from either side.
2) The design from the game mean that the path should travel directly away from the back of Rupture Farms, not to the right.
3) The game and artwork contradict each other.

What do you reckon?

Looking at screens from the game, I think number 1 would be the best explanation, as then this art would fit in perfectly.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:55 AM
Bolamite

Whichever you want to believe all are reasonable.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:00 AM
Spark Stunk

Vanilla ✜ does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (94)

In the words of our Lord and Savior Crash Bandicoot - "Whoa".
Truly impressive stuff here, good job!