Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 06-27-2017, 04:09 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (770)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (770)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (770)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (770)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (770)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (770)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (770)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_O_T View Post
But I have a question for you Xav, if you weren't pleased with what you saw, would you have shared your concerns with us?
Strange question. Why wouldn't he be pleased? Sorry for stating the obvious but Xavier isn't known for being particularly critical of Oddworld.

Last edited by Vlam; 06-27-2017 at 04:29 AM..
Old 06-27-2017, 04:40 AM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3504)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3504)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3504)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3504)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3504)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3504)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3504)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3504)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3504)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3504)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3504)

Quote:
But I have a question for you Xav, if you weren't pleased with what you saw, would you have shared your concerns with us? Even if you couldn't say much and kept close to the NDA?
The fact I asked OWI if I could share my impressions with the community is because I was super excited about what I saw. To be honest I'm not sure I would have wanted to share my concerns with you guys if I didn't like what I saw. It would most likely only have spawn non-constructive negativity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlam View Post
Strange question. Why wouldn't he be pleased? Sorry for stating the obvious but Xavier isn't known for being particularly critical of Oddworld.
You have no idea what Alex had to put up with.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:22 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)

Sounds like you both had a very sexy time

Old 06-27-2017, 08:25 AM
Bola Blast

V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (441)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (441)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (441)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (441)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (441)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
The fact I asked OWI if I could share my impressions with the community is because I was super excited about what I saw. To be honest I'm not sure I would have wanted to share my concerns with you guys if I didn't like what I saw. It would most likely only have spawn non-constructive negativity.

Totally understandable. Yeah it probably would have spiralled into negative discussions, but I'd be happy to discuss something constructive. I keep putting my mind back to when NnT was announced and shown off and how we all put in our feedback rapidly. I guess we are not at that stage yet given what we have so far, but I am keen to start more discussions on what's to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
You have no idea what Alex had to put up with.
lol he has the patience of a saint I'm sure

Old 06-27-2017, 09:20 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocola View Post
For customer feedback I assume, Xavier would seem like a good choice if you ask me as the guys been on the forums since 2001 and was fairly open about being at E3 and wanting to find the OWI crew, so the guys clearly a big fan.
They showed it to a single fan, and that was stated as an an exception rather than the rule. I assume they're showing it to industry and media types, but I don't know why.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:18 AM
Formerly Scrabtrap(wo)man

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)

My guess would be for industry feedback, to discuss agreements with various media outlets, and to secure financing?

Old 06-28-2017, 01:22 AM
Bola Blast

V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (441)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (441)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (441)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (441)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (441)

Maybe technical feedback too? I'd imagine if they discussed the game privately they'd share feedback on methods of development from different angles. Perhaps marketing techniques too?

Old 06-28-2017, 04:02 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (770)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (770)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (770)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (770)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (770)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (770)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (770)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
I assume they're showing it to industry and media types, but I don't know why.
Frima Studio, currently under reorganization, has been downsized. OWI might be searching for another studio.

Old 06-28-2017, 04:32 AM
Spark Stunk

VanillaChocola does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (90)

Quote:
Frima Studio, currently under reorganization, has been downsized. OWI might be searching for another studio.
What for? Distribution?

Old 06-30-2017, 02:38 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3262)

Studio

Old 07-01-2017, 12:07 AM
Fuzzle

Samlaptop95 keeps ya spleen toasty (103)Samlaptop95 keeps ya spleen toasty (103)

They might have to go back to JAW if they can't find another studio.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:11 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samlaptop95 View Post
They might have to go back to JAW if they can't find another studio.
You know, "Fat Kraken Studios" could be renamed "JAW2" given the fact that all four of them are former JAW employees.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:06 AM
Fuzzle

Samlaptop95 keeps ya spleen toasty (103)Samlaptop95 keeps ya spleen toasty (103)

Quote:
You know, "Fat Kraken Studios" could be renamed "JAW2" given the fact that all four of them are former JAW employees.
Yeah, they said they had 2 internal Oddworld teams: one in UK and one in the U.S.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:20 AM
Oddworld Inhabitant

OWI_Alex didn't even know they have a destiny (775)OWI_Alex didn't even know they have a destiny (775)OWI_Alex didn't even know they have a destiny (775)OWI_Alex didn't even know they have a destiny (775)OWI_Alex didn't even know they have a destiny (775)OWI_Alex didn't even know they have a destiny (775)OWI_Alex didn't even know they have a destiny (775)

this thread.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:11 AM
Bola Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWI_Alex View Post
this thread.
hey man we just thirsty is all lol. We wanna talk about the game but we've covered a lot of the main bases. (unless we've missed stuff from the ARG...?)

anything new showing up soon in the pipeline?

Old 07-03-2017, 08:55 AM
Howler Punk

mlg man heeds the wisdom of the storystones (171)mlg man heeds the wisdom of the storystones (171)

Damn, Xavier just wanted to let you guys know "Hey the games not a total flop, get excited!" and some of you get pissy about it being a massive cock tease.

Seriously. Games take time to make and polish and sometimes its nice to get an outsider who is a part of the community to give you their opinion on it before its ready to show and see what they think.

Also stop asking about the game, they're not going to tell you anything.
They didnt make Xavier sign an NDA for nothing.

Last edited by mlg man; 07-03-2017 at 08:57 AM..
Old 07-03-2017, 11:14 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

MeechCrunchies is on a roll now (249)MeechCrunchies is on a roll now (249)MeechCrunchies is on a roll now (249)

Yeah well you can either choose to get excited and try to keep your own hype train rolling, and try not to be disappointed ( And fail) when it inevitably implodes on itself because there's what amounts to almost nothing in terms of fuel for said train, or you forget about it yourself, just accept there's not shit right now, and you can try to see what's going on and why there's almost nothing so far, and at least get a little confirmation that there may indeed be updates soon. It's just really fucking irritating when those two mix, and even though it's nice to hear it from Xav, I personally think a lot of us would be better off just getting things straight from the horses mouth, even if it takes fucking forever, at least it's better than having Abe's balls dangled in front of us and being smacked with reality and a sign that says no touching.

Last edited by MeechCrunchies; 07-03-2017 at 11:17 AM..
Old 07-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Quote:
this thread.
I bet it's pretty funny watching a load of people make a shitload of wrong guesses

Old 07-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12765)

Quote:
this thread.
You know, if you'd answered my question we'd have had something to talk about.

Old 07-04-2017, 07:39 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

OH SHIT DRAMA

Old 07-04-2017, 07:49 AM
Oddworld Inhabitant

OWI_Alex didn't even know they have a destiny (775)OWI_Alex didn't even know they have a destiny (775)OWI_Alex didn't even know they have a destiny (775)OWI_Alex didn't even know they have a destiny (775)OWI_Alex didn't even know they have a destiny (775)OWI_Alex didn't even know they have a destiny (775)OWI_Alex didn't even know they have a destiny (775)

Quote:
You know, if you'd answered my question we'd have had something to talk about.
which question?
Old 07-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Stunk

Dead Meat managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (29)

Quote:
lol he has the patience of a saint I'm sure
He hasn't flipped his shit yet, so I would assume so

Old 07-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Sniper Wasp

Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (401)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (401)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (401)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (401)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (401)

Quote:
which question?
This question I believe:
Quote:
I'm curious; can you please explain what's the purpose of showing of the game at this stage, if not for PR?

Old 07-04-2017, 11:08 PM
Oddworld Inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoetux View Post
This question I believe:
I already did, in a large reply a few pages back, I think. Obviously I can't go into detail, but as I said - this is entirely common, and naturally we get different things back depending on who we show it too.

In the context of this thread, I wanted Xavier to see it because I value his opinion on all things Oddworld very much. It's not just the core /game/, it's the systems, mechanics, lore, materials etc. Soulstorm's a new game, and we wanted to see if one of Oddworld's biggest fans was liking what we were doing.

He also wanted to meet and spend time with LL, of course, so it all worked out nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Meat View Post
He hasn't flipped his shit yet, so I would assume so
Part of the job.

Last edited by OWI_Alex; 07-04-2017 at 11:13 PM..
Old 07-05-2017, 03:44 AM
Spark Stunk

Now I'm super curious as to what "shit" Alex has to put up with all the time other than us lot.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:32 PM
Stunk

Dead Meat managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocola View Post
Now I'm super curious as to what "shit" Alex has to put up with all the time other than us lot.
If you're referring to what I said, that's not what I said.

Old 07-16-2017, 05:13 AM
Bolamite

tmakz managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (11)

Man all is quiet still no pic 5?
Old 07-16-2017, 11:41 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

MeechCrunchies is on a roll now (249)MeechCrunchies is on a roll now (249)MeechCrunchies is on a roll now (249)

Old 07-19-2017, 04:05 AM
Spark Stunk

*waiting*

Old 07-19-2017, 08:00 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7444)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7444)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7444)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7444)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7444)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7444)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7444)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7444)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7444)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7444)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7444)

Soon.