Since it's been roughly a month since the OWF Chess Tournament ended, I figure it's time to get the Blitz tournament I've been talking about off the ground. So, without further ado:
OWF Blitz Tournament 2019
Welcome to the sign-up and updates thread for the OWF Blitz Chess Tournament starting in February of 2019!
Were you one of those that liked the last tournament, but felt that things moved a bit too slowly? Well, here's your chance to get back at everyone who made moves at a snail's pace, with the Blitz chess tournament of 2019! For the next couple of weeks, hopefully we'll be playing quick 10 minute games of chess left and right!
To begin with, let's go over the rules and tournament structure, which will be similar to the last tournament.
Rules and Structure
1. THE USE OF CHESS ENGINES IN PLAYING TOURNAMENT GAMES IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. This rule should be obvious, but it never hurts to state it.
2. All games must be played through Lichess.org. This is for simplicity's sake. I will also make a point to ask all contestants to supply me with their username for Lichess.org, for ease of communication.
3. This is a point based tournament. Points are distributed based on the outcome of a given game. A win in any individual game is worth 2 points to the victor. A draw is worth 1 point for each player. A loss is worth 0 points. The tournament winners will be decided by the total number of points after all players have played one another in two games, one as each color. Thus, if there are 4 participants, there would be a grand total of 12 games played.
4. The time controls for every game line up with Lichess.org's blitz time control. To be specific, this means 5 minutes of time, with NO
increment after every move.
5. Every fortnight, on Friday, I will announce who will be playing who. Both players will play both colors twice, meaning four games in total. Over the course of two weeks, all the announced games must be played and a link to these games sent to me via PM or on Discord, preferably from both players, to avoid any misunderstanding of which games count where. I will also post links to the games from the preceding fortnight, along with some brief commentary.
6. Failure to play your games within the two week period provided will result in drawn games. No exceptions. Failure to do so a second time will result in disqualification from the tournament and all your earlier games played will retroactively be discredited for both players. No exceptions. I hope this does not prove necessary to enforce.
But what good is a tournament without some contestants? To enter, all you need to do is post below that you'd like to join, give me your Lichess username and I will add your name to the tournament roster below!
Forum Username - Lichess username
[Blair187] - [blair187]
[Phoetux] - [phoetux]
[goodguyplayer] - [goodguyplayer]
[Oddey] - [soda_can_man]
[Vexen] - 
The sign-up period will last until the 21st of February. The tournament will then commence on the 22nd, with the first listing of games to be published then.
May the best (and fastest) player win!