Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

Old 12-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)

All right seeing as you guys are so anxious to here chapter 8 I'll write it now.
Chapter 8

The Favour

Finklar listened for an answer. "What I ask in return is that you get me outa here!" answered the mudokon. Surprised at how his formal manner dropped so suddenly, Finklar pondered the request for a while. It was possible maybe even probrable to an extent but it could easily get messy. 'Because just how many muds are freed by the ones they work for?' he thought. Spending a long time wondering how he could do this he didn't hear the unmistakeable sound of mudokon footfalls coming closer. It was no other than the muds on his list, Finja, Sapta and Jure. When Finklar finnaly did see them they were on all sides. Although vykkers aren't typically good fighters they were all somewhat nasty. Doing extremely gory surgeory almost all day isn't something sligs do every day. The one that seemed biggest said "So you bustin a mud out eh? Well the old saying says "Give to one, give to all", so how `bout it? Me and the other three. It's only four." Apperently Finklar had been overheard. 'A more polite person would have said "I couldn't help but overhear..."' he thought. His thoughts trailed off in various directions. While he thought, the leader of this gang seemed to be losing patience and seemed likely to snap soon...

Well there you have it. Oh and a warm welcome back to Mullock's Assistant! And by the way, I wasn't christmas shopping.
Edit: I'm going to edit the chapter because it's abnormally short... wasn't much of an edit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Last edited by Oddey; 12-17-2007 at 06:33 AM..
Old 12-16-2007, 04:24 PM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)

heh hey! now yeh talkin'!
that should keep me goin' 'till your next chapter,
and that was a very unexpected twist an' all, for me anyway.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Outlaw Cutter

OddYouko heeds the wisdom of the storystones (166)OddYouko heeds the wisdom of the storystones (166)

Great chapter! -thumbs up-
Sleep well my Abe babe~

April 13th, 2007 - October 14th, 2016

Old 12-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Rabid Fuzzle

Moosh da Outlaw keeps ya spleen toasty (145)Moosh da Outlaw keeps ya spleen toasty (145)

Great fic! Keep on writing, I can't wait to hear more.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:46 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)

Ok I hope none of you are growing impatient while waiting for me to finish the next chapter it's just that at the momment I'm busy dealing with a new obbsession. Which is a particular game. Bear with me if I don't write the chapter soon.

Quote:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Old 01-06-2008, 05:04 AM
Outlaw Cutter

OddYouko heeds the wisdom of the storystones (166)OddYouko heeds the wisdom of the storystones (166)

Me impatient? Nah it's alright.
I can wait a little longer. -chants-
Sleep well my Abe babe~

Old 01-13-2008, 04:03 PM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9279)

okey kokey.
(SOON)
Old 01-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Outlaw Bomber

The next Chapter has arrived!
Chapter 9

Decisions

Finja who was standing next to Jure wasn't even halfway tired of waiting for a reply. Finja had brains. Real brains. But in compensation he was nearly always close to sleep. Next to that he wasn't entirely the brute Jure was. Sapta on the other hand, who just so hapened to be the leader, had courage so extreme it passed well over the border of brave and stupid. Sapta was even tougher than Jure on the other hand. Jure had another advantage though. Any order he would take. No matter how evil, gruesome, trouble-causing, hazardous, or unlikely to work he would see it was done. Once deep in it he had never backed out except on a single occassion which only happened because Sapta had called him out. But like all those who had made it to the top, even if it was the bottom of the top, there was nowhere to go then except down. It was when that was the question. Finklar was still deep in thought about how rudely the worthless slaves had interupted. If they were to interupt you could start with an "Excuse me." or "I beg your pardon.". Meanwhile the food serving mudokon was worried and decided if he was going to take action what better time than now? "We'll help you. But it won't be now in broad daylight." He whispered. Sapta merely snorted. "Not now? Don't think we don't know what's going to happen if we do that. You'll just leave without telling. No it's going to be now." Finklar had finnaly come out of his world of critizization and figured out waht was going on. Disobeying his nature he decided to leave it to the mudokon at the counter. He knew he was wasting time when he had a murder to solve so he said "I have buisness. I will return and if I don't I give you permission to look in my labratory." Before Sapta could register what he had said completely. Finklar had dashed off to find out more about the murder. As he observed the glukkon Tex he noticed how clouded his glasses had become. A quick wash after and he took a single look at the glukkon and knew right now that his discovery on what had killed the glukkon was wrong. It hadn't been a zap, It was a strangle. Finklar was about to hit himself for his stupidity when he heard a creak behind him. Germ walked over the threshold and asked "How's the murder solving going?" "I'm getting there" Replied Finklar. Getting there... He had barely left the start line.

Quote:

Old 01-17-2008, 05:51 PM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

oh great! its back!!

...and the plot grows ever thicker...
Old 02-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Ok my fans (3 in counting). The time for chapter 10 is here.
Chapter 10
The Escape

Finklar stood by the table thinking about who was suspectable. Abe and Munch of course, but why would they do it? The mudokons maybe what about the motive? In his thoughts he nearly the slig. Never mind the slig, what about the favour he owed? 'Wait... The SLIG!' he remebered it as clearly as a window. The slig that Germ had shot. The mystic blue eyes were a clear sign of possesion. But it wasn't the slig who had killed Tex. Sligs weren't very tall. And Abe couldn't have gotten to Tex without something. So how? Tex hadn't been anywhere near the..."He visited two days ago!" Finklar accidently yelled out. Germ looked up at him in mild surprise. "What?" said Finklar, acting as though he hadn't done anything interesting. Finklar put all the facts together, The slig must have been possesed to kill him. Obviously he knew too much. Abe didn't kill Tex but might have been behing it. The mudokons were at the factory and were tough. Like a puzzle he slowly joined it together. Abe must have broken in and told the mudokons to kill Tex. Then Abe might have found out about him and tried to kill him twice. 'And now the mudokons want to escape with me. Abe must have some kind of contact here.'

There you go. For your info this was written at school.

Quote:

Old 02-06-2008, 05:46 AM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

its back!...again!

i wasnt actually expecting that either, i like it when your kept guessing.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Woot woot! Great chapters!
-leans in chair-
Sleep well my Abe babe~

Old 02-18-2008, 04:15 AM
Outlaw Bomber

I just went onto Charelottes Rein fan fic and now I've seen how fan fics fall apart so I've decided I won't let that happen.
Chapter 11
The Escape Part2

As Finklar uncovered the mystery he knew that if he were to get to Abe there would be a good deal of trouble finding him. Even if he did then he simply wouldn't be able to get there. Plans began to grow in his head each more out of reality than the next. First he thought of simply waiting until slig guards subdued him then Finklar could deal with him. But no because sligs were under orders to shoot him on site. Then he thought of using torture on the mudokons to get them to spit out the location. No because even if he got it out of them then Abe wouldn't be stupid enough to name exactly where he was. His next idea was to search everywhere for him. No because Abe would be protected somehow. Just as Finklar thought of a new plan the door burst open and in came a worried-looking lunch mudokon and the three from the gang. "Well..." said Sapta impatiently "When are we going?" Germ, to whom the mudokon had been quite oblivious to, "You're helping them to escape? Why?" Finklar replied through gritted and grimy teeth "They 'overheard' a favour I was promising." Germ was on the brink of asking further but a quick look at the mudokons changed his mind. "I'll help you." he said somewhat mechanically. Finklar would have protested if the slig had not known the factory much better than him. "What way should we take?" he decided to say instead. "There's a back door down by packaging. For sligs only though." At this the mudokons zoomed off down the stairs with the lunch mudokon leaning against the wall of Finklar's lab. Rolling his eyes, Finklar went down the stairs through the corridors and past the conference room to packaging. The door was locked by a slig voice command. The mudokons were desperately trying to open it with no luck. Germ looked around the corridors for intruders before talking into it opening the door. At once the mudokons zipped through it, all but the lunch mudokon. He then went into a slow trot through the door. Finklar slipped through accompanied by Germ who tried to slip through but ended up knocking over two crates of Soulstorm brew. Finklar didn't sigh or say a single word. The hunt was on.

This chapter is dedicated to Moosh or Moosh Da Outlaw and her awesome fan fic.

Quote:

Old 02-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Spark Stunk

AbesGenerationX managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (26)

lol, nice one
Old 02-19-2008, 03:50 PM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

i like it (as always) and the slig knocking over that crate made me laugh, i can just picture it!

also, nice wording.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Outlaw Cutter

-leans in chair again- More! xD
Great chapter!
Sleep well my Abe babe~

Old 02-23-2008, 01:33 AM
Outlaw Bomber

I can't wait any longer. I have an outline planned so I won't be giving up.
Chapter 12

The Hunt

Finklar and Germ walked along the passageway. Ahead they could hear the low sound of the lunch mudokon plodding along. There weren't any lights in the corridor and no other doors except one single emergency exit from the conference room. A few crates and buckets littered the edges. The lunch mudokon's footfallls could still be heard onward. At long last they came to the end where the now sunken sun provided no light. Even so Finklar could see in the distance that the lunch mudokon had set off into the forest, and, not far behind, the footprints of the three other mudokons were still there. Tough as they were they didn't think much about the possibility that Finklar would follow them. Finklar thought them rather careless. Following the tracks he saw they had gone a rather long way. The factory lights were now far off like a dim lamp in a huge room of darkness. Just as Finklar was begining to wonder wether they really had gone to Abe, a huge cave opening decorated with many torches stood directly in front of him. Knowing exactly what he was looking at, Finklar went into the Raisens cave accompanied by his ever faithful slig. The walls seemed to almost frown at Finklar and Germ but the vykker didn't care. All that mattered was that Abe was punished.

Quote:

Last edited by Oddey; 02-23-2008 at 01:36 AM..
Old 02-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Good good! -spins in chair-
Creepy too!
Sleep well my Abe babe~

Old 02-24-2008, 03:25 AM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

whoa! the Raisen? as in the Raisen?

i'm definately reading the next chapter!
Old 03-04-2008, 05:46 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Ok guys here comes the next chapter. Hope you like it.
Chapter 13

Truth

Finklar had taken no more than three steps before throwing his back against the wall peering around the corner. Germ close behind him was half frozen in awe and amazement. Finklar tapped him rather violently and beckoned him forward. Germ then took a few quick and rather quiet steps forward. Finklar slowly craned his head to the side and could see at least thirty mudokons all milling around jabbering quitely. Despite the many torches, it was a quite dark in all the corners. Silent and swiftly, Finklar crept along the wallside not so closely followed by the slig who obviously had to slow down because of his mechanical pants. Finklar paused at the open doors of the Raisen's cave. Abe was almost beckoning him in. Germ had caught up and just as Finklar went into the Raisen's cave. Grumbling, he followed. Finklar was the first to catch sight of Abe. Although Finklar ignored it, Abe looked very anxious until he saw the vykker. When Abe had spotted them he gave sort of a resigned look. Finklar had almost teleported to him grabbed him by his neck and asked coldly "Why did you kill him?". Abe's reply was "Who?". Tolerent to an extent Finklar said "Tex.". Abe was puzzled and said "It wasn't me. It was a vykker." In disbeleif Finklar slapped Abe rather hard when the Raisen interupted from his deep slumber "He tells the truth.". Finklar dropped Abe by sheer surprise and turned to the Raisen for an explaination. The Raisens eyes breathed life once again and opened his mouth to speak.

OddYouko you have a spinny chair? I love spinny chairs.

Quote:

Last edited by Oddey; 03-04-2008 at 05:48 AM..
Old 03-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Yup! =D

OMG! Finklar slapped Abe! T_T
Great chapter! Xo
I can see this all in my head. Great job!
Sleep well my Abe babe~

Old 03-07-2008, 04:45 AM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

the raisen asked OddYouko if he had a spinny chair?

good chapter, was not expecting that!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Yay next chapter is here.
Chapter 14
The Raisen's Speech

Finklar stood staring at the raisen with Abe and Germ just behind, in such shock that they had forgotten their hatred. Finklar was very close to exploding, when the Raisen spoke." A vykker, not one from your service, had Tex the greedy glukkon killed. This vykker is in Vykker Labs living your dream Finklar." Finklar didn't bother asking how the Raisen knew his name, instead he asked "Who did that then!? Hurry up I've had enough ideas that didn't work!" The Raisen old and slow, but nonetheless wise, continued "This vykker will be there and he knows of your companion, your mission, and nearly everything else. For our one-legged freind has been captured secretly by the same vykker. Munch told him everything and I've had to move to this cave. Munch knew a good deal about you and he also told that. The vykker didn't take long to find out the rest. The vykker true to his word hasn't killed Munch or harmed him yet he has not been set free. He feels safer there." Finklar couldn't care less about what the Raisen had to say so far. "Get on with it!" He shouted close to the breaking point. The Raisen went on almost regardless of Finklar. "Since you have been away, the vykker has advertised against you and Germ. In the industrial world you are mad and traiterous. You are no better off here. If you wish to avenge Finklar then you must sneak your way into Vykkers Labs. There is only one way. But this is a way of teamwork. Germ, Stitch-lips-" "Me?" Interrupted Abe and looked at Germ, while Germ did the same. "And you vykker, must make a rich glukkon by the name of Gleg walk into Vykker Labs. Possesion will not help here as he has created the first Anti-Abe device ever. A complex machine detecting the smell, size, look, and sound of Stitch-Lips. Trickery from a slig will never work for he never allows his employes to see him." "Then what are we going to use!?" Screamed Finklar. "You must bribe him by using another glukkon by the name of Glugg. Make Glugg richer than Lulu ever was and Abe will play a part by possessing him in the end to force him into the bribe. Make Glugg rich... and then... and then..." The Raisen had fallen asleep. "I really hate it when he does that." Said Abe.

All done. Bet you weren't seein that coming.

Quote:

Old 03-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Outlaw Cutter

Zozo the Zrilufet managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (34)

Hmms...Looks good, I like the originality of making up names, if it helps, I'll lend you the word Uhijogeda I learned by smacking the keyboard. For critiques, try taking another line when a character speaks,
"It makes it easier to read."
And describing the place, with its blue and black layout and slow loading times.... Good lucks.
I am a man. Do not call me otherwise, or you are doing it wrong. Times correctly guessed as a man: Patrick: 1, Mitsur: 1, Daxter king: 1, OANST: More than once, Nemo: 1, alf's brother's mate: 1, Nate: 1, Anonyman!: 1. The assumption everyone is male probably comes from the fact 90% of characters in Oddworld are male. The editpenis<a href=http://www.oddworldforums.net/signaturepics/sigpic4236_3.gif target=_blank>http://www.oddworldforums.net/signat...gpic4236_3.gif</a>

Old 03-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Outlaw Cutter

Wow! Great chapter! =D
They're all gonna have to work together. xD
Sleep well my Abe babe~

Old 03-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Outlaw Cutter

XD Spinny chair...They are awesome, try using the [center] code for when it says
CHAPTER SOMETHING OR OTHER
, helps to dramatisize things.
I am a man. Do not call me otherwise, or you are doing it wrong. Times correctly guessed as a man: Patrick: 1, Mitsur: 1, Daxter king: 1, OANST: More than once, Nemo: 1, alf's brother's mate: 1, Nate: 1, Anonyman!: 1. The assumption everyone is male probably comes from the fact 90% of characters in Oddworld are male. The editpenis<a href=http://www.oddworldforums.net/signaturepics/sigpic4236_3.gif target=_blank>http://www.oddworldforums.net/signat...gpic4236_3.gif</a>

Old 03-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Outlaw Bomber

My thanks to Zozo and OddYouko for advice and comments. As for how I make up my names (I know you didn't ask.) I simply think something like "Ug or "Lar" and add random letters until I find something I like. And here comes the next chapter, since I'd rather write it now.
Chapter 15
Sinzers

Finklar, Abe, and Germ had set out at night so not to risk being seen. Already though was Finklar getting tired of walking through the misty middle of the forest. Dawn was slowly approaching so he could see the dim glow of the sun in the distance if he looked back through the thick shrubs, bushes, and trees. Abe lead them onward still. Until they came to a dried river. For the very first time in his entire long life Finklar realized how beutiful this river and forest could have been. Abe, somewhat reluctant now, led them through the extremely shallow and brown water. Before climbing out Abe peeked over the river shore looking for signs of industry. He came face to face with a pair of pillars. Metalic pillars. Looking up Abe saw smiling gleefully in his face a cigar smoking slig. Puffing a mouthful of smoke into Abe's face, Abe fainted. Chuckling, the slig, who hadn't seen Germ and Finklar argueing about slig pants resistantsy to water, dragged Abe off in the direction of a large factory with the name of Sinzers.
"I'm just saying Finklar, that if I were to walk through that water, I'd be electriced." Germ insisted.
"Electrified you idiot. Now shut up and get through that water. Hey wait, where's Abe?" He asked. Looking around franticaly They saw a slig dragging something off in the distance.
"Oh odd." Said Finklar. "And it looks like a factory he's headed for. What could it be... Well the sign says Sinzers."
"It's a cigar selling factory. I buy all of mine from there." Germ replied almost instantly.
"You know you really shouldn't smoke." Said Finklar bossily. Germ sighed and hurried off in direction of the factory closely pursued by Finklar.

Edit: The middle thingy didn't look dramatic in my opinion so I'll delete that. And I've just realized that after Molluck's Assistnat gets back I'l have three fans!

Quote:

Last edited by Oddey; 03-14-2008 at 05:58 AM..
Old 03-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Outlaw Cutter

O__O Oh no Abe!
Hurry Germ and Finklar save Abe! D=
*thumbs up* Great! x)
Sleep well my Abe babe~

Old 03-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Good good, carry on C8, I guess Abe is a hostage now, yay!

Old 03-19-2008, 07:48 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Sorry for the slight delay. I've been extremely busy with visiting two of my relatives and installing an entirely new computer that didn't even work. So here is my next chapter. By the way Germ is pronounced here as Germ and not Jerm.
Chapter 16

The plan

Abe was still knocked out as the slig dragged him into the factory of Sinzers. The doors opened and sligs and mudokons alike paused in their work to see what was happening. Most of the sligs started cheering. The others were wary towards Abe. The slaves looked up then some quickly looked back down wishing they hadn't seen it or hoping that they had fallen asleep and it was all a terrible dream. The others stared long with either utter surprise or depressity, knowing they would never be free. Abe stirred. Not so much that the sligs noticed, but enough for the more attentive mudokons to see that he wasn't dead. Yet that didn't bring so much hope. But they had no idea that a vykker and a slig were coming to find Abe.
Finklar suddenly stopped running towards the factory and instead scrambled behind a rock. Germ skidded to a halt and crouched behind the rock.
"Uhhh... What are we doing here?" Asked Germ.
"To save Abe of course!" Snapped Finklar.
"No, why are we behind this rock?" Clarified Germ.
"If you had listened to the Raisen you might have known. We're outlaws. If we barge in there they'll kill us." Replied an annoyed Finklar, "We need a plan. A good one too. Hmmm... there's seven towers on the roof. They haven't spotted us yet. On the ground there's no one. I don't think they can see through those windows. Let me think... There's a waste dump around the back. For some reason those are never guarded. I kept on emphasizing on it back at the older factory. Once we are inside we'll have to get past guards and find some way to get the money to Glugg. I think we may have to get Abe to do that after we've gotten it. Right if you were to pretend that you were the garbage slig taking away the trash over there then you might be able to get the tower's attention. Then I can run to the front of the building and crawl along the wall until I get to the garbage dump where the guards will most likely have lost interest. Then we can quitely get in."
"But I thought we were outlawed? If I go over there I'll get killed." Argued Germ.
"No you won't because the only way they'll recognize you is if you climb up the tower and stare at them. Because you sligs all look nearly the same." Finished Finklar, "But all the same I think you shouldn't look too much at them and try to pick the trash up fast so they don't get a good veiw of you. Ok lets give it a try."

At the end of this fan fiction I'll have to make a pronouncey-thingy. I hope Molluck's Assistant gets back soon.

Quote: