Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 01-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Fuzzle

Nemin keeps ya spleen toasty (136)Nemin keeps ya spleen toasty (136)
Default SoulStorm's first screenshot

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banner...36880/1500x500

Source: official OW discord, user "smellfet"

Old 01-11-2018, 08:49 PM
Riot Slug

Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (380)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (380)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (380)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (380)

Nice one, Nemin
Where is Abe?
What's your thoughts from this little banner pic?

Abes feathers look cute btw

Last edited by Gunnr; 01-11-2018 at 09:14 PM..
Old 01-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Rabid Fuzzle

Vanilla ✜ keeps ya spleen toasty (149)Vanilla ✜ keeps ya spleen toasty (149)

It's originally from Lornes Twitter and I've gotta say it's looking pretty good so far, I wonder if this means something is on the way soon.

"JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULIAN" - Chris O'neil.

There's also an OWF Discord,
we got mac 'n cheese and chicken nuggets,
join here.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:10 PM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)

Yup that's the background of Lorne's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/lorne_lanning

That's quite a weird way to reveal a screenshot, but hey, I'll take it.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:26 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)

Nice screenshot! Looks like a step up from the previous game.

One question, though. Why is it so blurry? Hoping it's not FXAA

Edit: Also, nice slig over there:

Old 01-12-2018, 02:16 AM
cun't spill

Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5499)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5499)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5499)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5499)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5499)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5499)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5499)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5499)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5499)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5499)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5499)

I'm loving the different angle here. And I'm going to assume this is FeeCo? Or Rocket Depot whatever they're calling it now? Also. I'm SO happy the Flying Sligs are back. They were one of my favourite enemies in AE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrok
I think it's Twitter doing. For some reason Twitter makes the banners look blurry and I think it's got to do with the image's resolution you use. If it's not exact 1500x500, it'll blur. I had trouble getting mine to look good.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:59 AM
Chippunk

jr1203 managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (31)
Dead

flamingo sounds intensify
Old 01-12-2018, 04:21 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)

Ohh, loving this industrial looking zone. Looks like FeeCo to me too.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:51 AM
Riot Slug

Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (380)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (380)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (380)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrok View Post
Nice screenshot! Looks like a step up from the previous game.

Edit: Also, nice slig over there:

FLYING SLIIIGS!

goodeye

Old 01-12-2018, 06:16 AM
Spark Stunk

Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (502)

I like the detail on the industrial equipment, and the overall aesthetic looks great. Does anyone have any idea what stage the game is at, in terms of development? Obviously the original 2017 release window has been and gone, but would you say this scene is alpha, beta or almost completed? NNT changed a lot visually from our first screenshot of zulag one, so interested to see how this would compare! We've no idea whether this is brand new, or from an older build.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:40 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4038)

Well, Lorne did use it as his Twitter banner, so one could assume it's from a more recent build he proudly wants to show off.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:12 AM
Bola Blast

Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (547)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (547)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (547)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (547)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (547)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (547)

Oh, so it's not in black and white!
Hype is real

Old 01-12-2018, 09:29 AM
Formerly Scrabtrap(wo)man

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5697)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5697)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5697)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5697)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5697)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5697)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5697)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5697)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5697)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5697)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5697)

It'll be interesting to see how the micromanaging mudokons and crafting comes into, what looks from this screenshot to be, a platformer in the vein of AO/AE/NnT.

Nevertheless, it's gorgeous.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Thudslug

Auriel heeds the wisdom of the storystones (171)Auriel heeds the wisdom of the storystones (171)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STM View Post
It'll be interesting to see how the micromanaging mudokons and crafting comes into, what looks from this screenshot to be, a platformer in the vein of AO/AE/NnT.

Nevertheless, it's gorgeous.
Same here, I'm a bit surprised that after all we've heard about this game it still appears to be a 2.5D-ish platformer. Either way I'm still hoping for some degree of 3D gameplay to make it into the final product.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:35 AM
Fuzzle

Silver angel does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (59)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auriel View Post
Same here, I'm a bit surprised that after all we've heard about this game it still appears to be a 2.5D-ish platformer. Either way I'm still hoping for some degree of 3D gameplay to make it into the final product.
Maybe there will be different angles of camera? Not only 2.5D but 3D too?

Last edited by Silver angel; 01-13-2018 at 03:01 AM..
Old 01-13-2018, 07:31 AM
Sleg

FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)

Ooo this looks great. I'm super relieved that it's not black and white, and it looks darker than NnT ��

(as a sidenote this forum really needs Unicode support)

Old 01-13-2018, 08:31 AM
Chippunk

Wircea does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (52)

when will lorne fit the whole game within his banner?

Last edited by Wircea; 01-13-2018 at 09:59 PM..
Old 01-13-2018, 12:14 PM
Stunk

DWeedMan managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (18)

When gameplay come? Bit worrying that none has been released despite the release date apparently being this year.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:11 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeedMan View Post
When gameplay come? Bit worrying that none has been released despite the release date apparently being this year.
That's a joke, right?

Old 01-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1332)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1332)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1332)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1332)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1332)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1332)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1332)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1332)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1332)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1332)

I like it.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:49 AM
Bola Blast

Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (547)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (547)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (547)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (547)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (547)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (547)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee View Post

I like it.
Everyone fucking now.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:36 AM
Fuzzle

Samlaptop95 keeps ya spleen toasty (106)Samlaptop95 keeps ya spleen toasty (106)

Wow! It looks great! I'm looking forward to sharing some screenshots of my Abe game I'm working on and I'm calling it Twice Ze Flavor based on a title that I saw 2 years ago.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:41 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7523)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoetux View Post
Everyone fucking now.
ew
Old 01-15-2018, 03:05 PM
Bola Blast

You know you want to, Varrok.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:19 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3368)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3368)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3368)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3368)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3368)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3368)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3368)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3368)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3368)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3368)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3368)

where game is

you upload game torrent fgt

please

Old 01-15-2018, 09:58 PM
Fuzzle

Samlaptop95 keeps ya spleen toasty (106)Samlaptop95 keeps ya spleen toasty (106)

Are you guys sure that is Soulstorm? Someone from the Oddworld speedrunning counnimty said it was a promo screenshot from Munch's Oddysee.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:45 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12795)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12795)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12795)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12795)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12795)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12795)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12795)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12795)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12795)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12795)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12795)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samlaptop95 View Post
Are you guys sure that is Soulstorm? Someone from the Oddworld speedrunning counnimty said it was a promo screenshot from Munch's Oddysee.
Nah, they're probably confusing it with this promo.

(Incidentally... that clip has more fuzziness and double exposure than I'd expect from a normal promo. Have any of the ARGers looked into it frame by frame yet?)

Old 01-16-2018, 02:10 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Vanilla ✜ keeps ya spleen toasty (149)Vanilla ✜ keeps ya spleen toasty (149)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samlaptop95 View Post
If you look at the head feathers, they're actual feathers which has only been a thing in SS.

"JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULIAN" - Chris O'neil.

There's also an OWF Discord,
we got mac 'n cheese and chicken nuggets,
join here.

Old 01-17-2018, 10:26 AM
Bolamite

Nicky Ali keeps ya spleen toasty (100)Nicky Ali keeps ya spleen toasty (100)

Wow this looks great! Abe's stance looks a bit weird but I'm guessing it's just cause the camera's at a different angle. Maybe there'll be a screenshot mode?

Either way, I'm stoked.

Old 01-22-2018, 04:51 PM
Stunk

SlashClaw managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (12)

is it just be or is the Slig in the picture out of control and about to crash