Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Forum Suggestions & Help

Old 03-07-2015, 03:53 PM
Chippunk

Against all OddSocks does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (63)
Default embed a video help?

Just a quick one really, I tried searching the faq's with no luck, but I'd just like to know how to embed a YouTube video onto here or any other forum? As I'm having trouble. As when I try to preview my message, all I get is the text of the video I'm trying to post, using the old [YouTube] [/YouTube] method.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Posts walls of text

Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)

The forum doesn’t have any fancy embed BBCode or anything like that, but it does support the HTML embed code that you can get on the Share button on the Youtube video’s page.

twitter (stream of thoughts)
steam (games i never play)

Old 03-07-2015, 04:42 PM
Chippunk

Against all OddSocks does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (63)

Right Ok, Thankyou so my second question would be, do I simply, say hypothetically, copy and drop all the text I see there, or just the area in between the "". I apologise if this sounds like a silly question, I was hoping not to sound like such a newb to forums haha. Safe to say I failed.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:00 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)

Click the Embed tab on the Youtube page, then copy the entire text.

If you're not sure whether you've done it successfully, just click the 'Go Advanced' or 'Preview Post' button and it'll show you what your post looks like.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Chippunk

Thankyou very much guys, that both perfectly sums it up for me! If I had a cake, manco and nate, you get the largest slices haha. Thanks again
Old 03-09-2015, 11:09 AM
Chippunk

Last edited by Against all OddSocks; 03-09-2015 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: trying to delete this post! cannot find where to delete it on edit :(