Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Forum Suggestions & Help

Old 09-18-2016, 10:25 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)
Default Moderator Changes - Hurrah for Xav!

As you may have noticed, we got hit by spambots in OT yesterday and today. I think we need more than one active moderator who has powers in the entire forum. To that end, Xavier has now been promoted to Administrator. Congrats to Xav!

At the same time, I've removed Wings of Fire and dripik as moderators. Splat is still a moderator, as he seems to pop by now and then. We are now officially a forum with more admins than regular moderators. Which is fun.

In other news, I've changed the settings so that new members must be approved by Xav or me before being able to post. That'll put a crimp on the spambot menace for the moment.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:26 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)

Hurray! No more spam-bots!
Old 09-18-2016, 10:46 PM
Thudslug

Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)

You're the best. All those threads were awful. But I think we have a bigger issue. The lack of activity on the forums.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:28 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)

#varrok2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexen View Post
But I think we have a bigger issue. The lack of activity on the forums.
I heard about something called "Discord".
Old 09-19-2016, 04:00 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
In other news, I've changed the settings so that new members must be approved by Xav or me before being able to post. That'll put a crimp on the spambot menace for the moment.
Oh great, so we're back to that

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:46 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)

It's a temporary measure, or so it seems. I'm okay with that, until Alcar finally gives up to the torture and upgrade the forums
Old 09-19-2016, 07:51 AM
Thudslug

Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlam View Post
#varrok2016

I heard about something called "Discord".
Damn you, I don't want to make the move to discord.

Last edited by Vexen; 09-19-2016 at 07:54 AM..
Old 09-19-2016, 09:55 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)

Nobody else is allowed in the Discord. There's too many spam bots.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:06 AM
Bola Blast

FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)

Grats Xav and thanks for taking care of the bots Nate.

Ehhh Discord isn't all that bad. Chatboxes are better for just gossiping and talking than forums are, since threads generally require a set topic to discuss.

I've been on lots of forums that had a (non-Discord) cbox linked on the forum itself, though that would require actually editing the site and Alcar is long-gone, so that might not be a viable option.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:40 PM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)

Thanks guys, I'll try not to break everything with those super duper awesome new powers of mine...

Old 09-19-2016, 01:18 PM
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)

Congrats! I want Xav's title when it gets changed to Administrator. None of the privileges or responsibilities, just the nice blue and "Super Moderator" sounds like a C-list Superhero

Old 09-19-2016, 01:42 PM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)

Lmao, look at all the active topics the bots pushed off the front page.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:07 AM
Maintain Integrity

dripik didn't even know they have a destiny (997)dripik didn't even know they have a destiny (997)dripik didn't even know they have a destiny (997)dripik didn't even know they have a destiny (997)dripik didn't even know they have a destiny (997)dripik didn't even know they have a destiny (997)dripik didn't even know they have a destiny (997)dripik didn't even know they have a destiny (997)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexen View Post
But I think we have a bigger issue. The lack of activity on the forums.
I guess that "trial-by-fire-camaraderie" approach really worked out for this place.

I wanted to resign for ages, but I just couldn't be bothered, so thanks. Fan Corner has been pretty much dead for years now with the exception of the occasional post. I can't relate to anything or anyone here anymore, so it's just as well.

EDIT: My profile still says I'm a mod btw.

Last edited by dripik; 10-04-2016 at 03:09 AM..
Old 10-04-2016, 10:07 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dripik View Post
I guess that "trial-by-fire-camaraderie" approach really worked out for this place.

I wanted to resign for ages, but I just couldn't be bothered, so thanks. Fan Corner has been pretty much dead for years now with the exception of the occasional post. I can't relate to anything or anyone here anymore, so it's just as well.

See you next year, dripik!
Old 10-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Boombat Seeker

Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)

Last edited by Gunnr; 10-04-2016 at 09:47 PM..
Old 10-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dripik View Post
Whoops. Thanks for reminding me.

Old 10-13-2016, 07:48 PM
Beautiful Bastard

Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)

Update: I'm not dead

I thought I owed you all at least that much
“I always believe the movies I've made are smarter than the way they are perceived by sort of mass culture and by the critics,” Snyder said, a statement he immediately followed by saying, “Also, ‘It looks like a video game.’

Old 10-14-2016, 05:34 AM
cun't spill

Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)

I remember you!

Your Wings of Fire!

Old 10-14-2016, 06:07 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3728)

What about his Wings of Fire?

Old 10-14-2016, 07:42 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

He remembers them.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:42 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings of Fire View Post
Update: I'm not dead

I thought I owed you all at least that much
I tried to send you a message on Facebook to let you know. Thought you should hear it from me and not be surprised when you visited.

You should get on Facebook chat more.