Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 04-13-2014, 03:17 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)

Or from leaves from the tea tree.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:22 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (838)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (838)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (838)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (838)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (838)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (838)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (838)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneScrapings View Post
Hope this is the right place to post this...
I'm noticing in previews for New n Tasty that Abe seems to be the only Mudokon worker with the feather-like pony tail thing this time around. The rest so far appear to be bald headed. Is this because the game isn't finished, or is it a deliberate thematic change?
From a VG247 interview with Lorne in October 2012.

“I wanted that, so we went back and forth. There was another thing I wanted but we haven’t gone into too much detail with was Abe’s little ponytail. One of the things I noticed from fishing – which is my first love – is that I would see the same species of fish looking very different depending on the quality of the water it lived in.”

“I later learned that you could take that fish and put it in better water, then after an amount of time it would change back into that beautiful thing. Now we get to Abe, and the Mudokon. In Rupture farms they are grey, their ponytails have shrunken.”

“But as they start getting healthy, being around trees, eating organic food instead of processed, and just finding themselves again, the real colour starts to come back, and their hair grows long."

Stew also mentioned it in a podcast but I cannot seem to find it.

So either Abe has a ponytail because he enjoys more comforts being employee of the month and a floorwaxer or perhaps because he's more in tap with Mudokon spirituality than the others.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:19 AM
Sgt. Sideburns

MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)

I'd like it if they had a ragged tuft, like a battery farm hen or something, but I guess it's too late for that kind of suggestion.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:22 AM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Sock View Post
Stew also mentioned it in a podcast but I cannot seem to find it.
It was in the Joypad and Me podcast. I finally had the time to listen to it .

Still I can't help to feel that Mudokons without ponytails look wrong

Old 04-14-2014, 09:02 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (838)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (838)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (838)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (838)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (838)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (838)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (838)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
It was in the Joypad and Me podcast. I finally had the time to listen to it .

Still I can't help to feel that Mudokons without ponytails look wrong
Ah yes.

It's just cause it's something we're not used to.

I also imagine a lot of fans will have trouble with Abe's new voice narrating the game since they're so familiar with the original tone. It will probably feel off the first few playthroughs.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:49 PM
Bayesian Empirimancer

Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)

Hey Wil! Listen up!

Remember in Monsaic Lines there were those meditating muds in the background? You couldn't interact with them, theey were just there. Does N'n'T have more of that? Paramites walking around in the distance in the Temple, for example? I was suddenly struck with the strange impression that this was happening.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:40 AM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)

That would actually be very cool

Old 04-23-2014, 04:17 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Well in the trailer there were Sligs walking around in the FAR background.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:33 AM
Sgt. Sideburns

MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14235)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Magnet View Post
Does N'n'T have more of that? Paramites walking around in the distance in the Temple, for example? I was suddenly struck with the strange impression that this was happening.
With all those nests, I'd like to think at least one would have a Paramite in it.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:11 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)

Question for Wil, that has probably been addressed elsewhere but I can't remember or find it; Will NnT have support for 3d tvs?

Old 04-25-2014, 12:16 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)

Look at Nate with his fancy university professor 3D TV.

We're not all living in the future, Nate.

Old 04-25-2014, 02:57 AM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Actually Nate I can't remember 3D being adressed at all. Perhaps that's one of the surprises they want to announce

Old 04-25-2014, 03:18 AM
No Artificial Colours

Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)

Imagine the slig gibs!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:23 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Question for Wil, that has probably been addressed elsewhere but I can't remember or find it; Will NnT have support for 3d tvs?
Not at launch. Unity has plugins for it, but it would involve going through and changing every level to apply it. That's not something we want to eat into remaining development time.

But it would be cool, so maybe we'll add it later.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:02 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrabtrapman View Post
Look at Nate with his fancy university professor 3D TV.

We're not all living in the future, Nate.
Ha! I don't even own a tv, let alone a 3D one. But I would encourage my friend Goopy to buy the game if I could try it out on his tv.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Mafia, Pizza & Mandolino

abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)

"brought you by..."'
... I'm sorry can anyone tell me what the slig says at the end of that MOM edition? I can't hear it

Old 07-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Page 7, Post 199

DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)

"Brought to you by Mullock's Mouth Lube! Say it, don't spray it!"

Old 07-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Stingbee

Strnadik keeps ya spleen toasty (100)Strnadik keeps ya spleen toasty (100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe is now! View Post

"brought you by..."'
... I'm sorry can anyone tell me what the slig says at the end of that MOM edition? I can't hear it
Ohh I remember when I was a kid and I reeeeally couldn't understand the Slig when he said "The Magog on the March".. I just heard.. like.. "The maga-ga-namach" and I had no idea what's he saying. Oh the old times.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Mafia, Pizza & Mandolino

abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHoodness View Post
"Brought to you by Mullock's Mouth Lube! Say it, don't spray it!"
The italian version is incomprehensible! Thanks a lot.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Riot Slug

Gwan-Thwei does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (94)

Are there any anatomical diagrams for the inhabitants of oddworld?
Old 07-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Outlaw Cutter

Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)

Yes. A number of them, actually.

Xorlidyr: The tidal waves clean our sins.

My Steam: spiderqueen ;Oddio is the best pun

Old 07-14-2014, 05:05 PM
Page 7, Post 199

DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwan-Thwei View Post
Are there any anatomical diagrams for the inhabitants of oddworld?
A few - Look through the concept art on the TOGG.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strnadik View Post
Ohh I remember when I was a kid and I reeeeally couldn't understand the Slig when he said "The Magog on the March".. I just heard.. like.. "The maga-ga-namach" and I had no idea what's he saying. Oh the old times.
Yeah, me too. I think that it was only when I asked about it here on OWF that I got the proper wording right.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:38 AM
Bayesian Empirimancer

Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)

It's less of a problem with the clarity of voice as it is the use of made up words. When we speak normally there isn't much distinction between the end of one word and the start of the next, as you can tell when listening to a language you don't know. New words can have that effect, and perhaps some creators and actors get too used to a new word of theirs before the public hears it, so they start using it familiarly before anyone else is quite able to pick it out.

Though I didn't have that problem with Magog on the March. I remembered "Magog" from the manual.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:31 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Did Lorne also voice Abe and the Mudokons "in game" for Oddysee?
Old 07-21-2014, 05:21 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Sock View Post
Did Lorne also voice Abe and the Mudokons "in game" for Oddysee?
Not Lorne exclusively. Definitely Lorne and Josh Gabriel. Not sure if anyone else was also involved.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:34 AM
Mafia, Pizza & Mandolino

What does the slig mean during the SoulStorm Brewery's edition of the Magog on the March when he talks about sewerages overflowing or something like that?

Last edited by abe is now!; 07-22-2014 at 05:37 AM..
Old 07-22-2014, 06:43 AM
Super Stingbee

V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe is now! View Post
What does the slig mean during the SoulStorm Brewery's edition of the Magog on the March when he talks about sewerages overflowing or something like that?
You mean: "And toilets keep backin' up around the whole place" part?

I believe it is a joke to do with the Glukkons shitting themselves at whats going on at the current time. Which is Abe shutting down the bonewerks etc etc you know the rest. I could be wrong, but thats how I have taken it lol.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:46 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

I never took it as meaning that Glukkons were shitting themselves. Just that the regular, much-needed maintenance that the Muds normally perform wasn't being done, and there was no-one around to clean up the mess.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:52 AM
Super Stingbee

V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)

God damn your avatar keeps freaking me out lol. Am I seeing shit or is it a gif? haha

But yeah, I just took it in terms of a joke because of the way the slig acted in all of the reports. E.g. Playing air guitar, "Bone production down? Ooooh >_<",etc.