Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 10-20-2018, 03:30 PM
Fuzzle

Nemin heeds the wisdom of the storystones (160)Nemin heeds the wisdom of the storystones (160)
Question I'm compiling a list of questions to ask Lorne Lanning and I need your help!

Hello,

You can find every detail in the Reddit post below, but in a nutshell OWI gave me permission to compile a list of questions which will be sent to Mr. Lanning himself, who will answer some of them.

If you ever wanted to ask something from the man himself, you have the rare opportunity to do so!

https://reddit.com/r/oddworld/commen...on_from_lorne/

Old 10-20-2018, 04:46 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)

I want to know how the gameplay of AO was decided. For me it's the best aspect of Oddworld but I know that Lorne's entire focus is on telling a story rather than making a tightly designed videogame, and his experience prior was all in film iirc. So I wanna know how they decided on the style of gameplay and how it ended up being so well designed by a guy who wanted to make movies more than anything.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:47 PM
Bolamite

SlashClaw managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (12)

Something i would be interested in are the Other Rupture Farms and what happened to them after Abe took down the one in AO which one became the next "biggest Meat processing plant on Oddworld" or what other products the other plants make
Old 10-21-2018, 01:57 PM
Boombat

Yokai heeds the wisdom of the storystones (162)Yokai heeds the wisdom of the storystones (162)

I want to know the age ranges for the Clakkerz, Steef, Wolvarks, Grubs, and Outlaws are. Also, how they all reproduce.

Last edited by Yokai; 10-21-2018 at 02:05 PM..
Old 10-21-2018, 11:56 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokai View Post
I want to know the age ranges for the Clakkerz, Steef, Wolvarks, Grubs, and Outlaws are. Also, how they all reproduce.
You want to know how old each individual character from all of those species are?

Old 10-22-2018, 03:03 AM
Super Stingbee

V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)

I'd like to know if there are other deities besides Shrykull.

And bonus question: are there still unexplored areas of Mudos? or has the world been completely explored and mapped out (by one crazy slig with a can of beans and a pocket full of dreams)?

Cheers Nemin.

Old 10-22-2018, 07:01 AM
Thudslug

ODDREN does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (71)

Mostly I want to know all about canceled games - Fangus Klot, Hand of Odd, Munch's Exoddus and all. But if it needs to be one or two questions, i'd like to know:

1) What is the main creative insight for Oddworld creatures design? Do they always need to be some mix of insects and reptilians?
2) Are OWI planning to make an open world game like RDR 2 or GTA V, so we could travel throughout all Mudos?
Old 10-22-2018, 08:29 AM
Fuzzle

Nemin heeds the wisdom of the storystones (160)Nemin heeds the wisdom of the storystones (160)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODDREN View Post
But if it needs to be one or two questions, i'd like to know
As I wrote it in the Reddit post, you're free to state as many questions as you wish.

---

However, guys, there is link to a dedicated poll collecting all questions in the Reddit post. I'm not angry, but you're making me do extra work posting here instead of using that.

Old 10-22-2018, 03:26 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)

Then why make the thread? Besides our questions are more important since we're the real fans

E: There you go, I put my question in your poll, but if you don't ask it I'll be pissed because it's a great question and most of the questions in that Reddit post are dumb and we've heard them answered a million times. It shouldn't be based on votes, you should just moderate and pick the best questions that haven't been asked before.

Last edited by Nepsotic; 10-22-2018 at 03:37 PM..
Old 10-22-2018, 03:53 PM
National Treasure

OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5810)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5810)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5810)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5810)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5810)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5810)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5810)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5810)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5810)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5810)OddjobAbe is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5810)

I don't have a question myself, but I think Nepsotic is right to suggest that there should be some quality control, so as to take advantage of the opportunity to glean some new information.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:13 PM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9114)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9114)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9114)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9114)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9114)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9114)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9114)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9114)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9114)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9114)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9114)

WHY ARE SLIGS THE WRONG GREEN

Old 10-22-2018, 10:41 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepsotic View Post
It shouldn't be based on votes, you should just moderate and pick the best questions that haven't been asked before.
This. And that's me speaking as someone who has previously posted in the forums asking for suggestions of questions to ask Lorne.

Also I hope you're looking forward to transcribing his answers. There's a reason why both of my interviews took almost a year to publish. Don't be afraid to edit - he tends to segue from thought to thought, and it's okay to restructure the sentences so that it flows properly. And feel free to delete waffle. I did.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:54 PM
Thudslug

Auriel is on a roll now (230)Auriel is on a roll now (230)Auriel is on a roll now (230)

Quote:
Besides our questions are more important since we're the real fans
refer to Nate's signature
Anyway, I don't see anything that suggests this will be based on votes, so I'm not sure where you got that from. If anything I'd imagine all the questions will be sorted and sent by Nemin manually.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:08 PM
Boombat

Yokai heeds the wisdom of the storystones (162)Yokai heeds the wisdom of the storystones (162)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
You want to know how old each individual character from all of those species are?
No, just what their average lifespans are since we don't know much about the Stranger's Wrath species.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:33 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

deer lorn: how old are oddworld adventures specie and also oddworld adventure type specie

thank daddy

Quote:
Anyway, I don't see anything that suggests this will be based on votes, so I'm not sure where you got that from. If anything I'd imagine all the questions will be sorted and sent by Nemin manually.
I mean, I don't know about you but to me the word "poll" implies voting.

Quote:
feel free to delete waffle. I did.
This. I asked him like two questions at EGX and must've been standing there listening to his answers for like two hours. Super interesting guy, don't get me wrong. If possible a privatised unedited version wouldn't go amiss 👌

Old 10-23-2018, 01:09 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)

To be fair Nep one of your questions was on midi files and we all wanted to die as soon as he opened his mouth.

e: also holy fuck I'm secondig (thirding?) the quality control point, some of the questions have been answered 100 times over and one of them is just some dude asking whether or not he should go to fucking art school.

Last edited by STM; 10-23-2018 at 01:12 AM..
Old 10-23-2018, 01:39 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Quote:
To be fair Nep one of your questions was on midi files and we all wanted to die as soon as he opened his mouth.
Honestly I don't even remember that but at least it was something that wasn't asked before. Also I didn't even know you were there, I remember shaking hands with one of the Fat Kraken guys and shouting "STM!" because he looked exactly like you and I was sure it was you. But it wasn't you! But he looked exactly like you. That was a weird moment.

E: Was it you? He looked exactly like you. Were you trolling me?

E2: Do you actually remember what my question was because my whole memory of that interaction was a blur. I know there was some retarded ass questions at the talk itself, the one pink haired girl stood out especially, but I still don't remember what she asked.

That Fat Kraken guy looked so much like you it wasn't even funny.

Last edited by Nepsotic; 10-23-2018 at 01:43 AM..
Old 10-23-2018, 01:47 AM
Fuzzle

Quote:
Then why make the thread?
Because I doubt it that most OWF users would use the Reddit. Sure it's my fault I should have been more exact where to post questions.

Quote:
It shouldn't be based on votes, you should just moderate and pick the best questions that haven't been asked before.
That's how I'm gonna do it. OWI said I should put questions in order of priority.

Alright, it seems like I messed up by naming this thing a "poll". Let me clear things up:

Questions won't be voted on. I'm the one who has the final word in sorting the questions by their merit/priority and I don't intend to fuck this up.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:08 AM
Riot Slug

Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)

Let's see.
Hm can he tell us the dimorphic differences of Drone mud, glukks and sligs?

-Will we see instances of "magic/occultism" from glukkons in SS?

...mm I want to think of a gameplay question that hasn't been asked yet but cant think of one now

Old 10-23-2018, 01:21 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)

Quote:
I remember shaking hands with one of the Fat Kraken guys and shouting "STM!" because he looked exactly like you and I was sure it was you. But it wasn't you! But he looked exactly like you. That was a weird moment.

E: Was it you? He looked exactly like you. Were you trolling me?

That Fat Kraken guy looked so much like you it wasn't even funny.
You're off your nut. Did Lorne give you something?

Old 10-23-2018, 01:34 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

It wasn't you, I remember meeting you at play expo.

It wasn't you right?

Old 10-23-2018, 02:12 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)

It was, actually, bit miffed you can't remember.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:12 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)

It was actually me. I tricked you into shaking hands with me. Know this, and feel ashamed.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:28 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil View Post
It was, actually, bit miffed you can't remember.
Are you having me on right now? I feel like it rings a bell but I don't know, I met you at PlayExpo but I also called you STM at EGX? Can someone help I think my brain is falling apart

Whoever was at EGX needs to verify this, I don't know what reality is anymore

E: Wil, you're a lying whore, it was Brett I mistook for STM I'm almost certain. Thanks to Paul for helping me get to the bottom of this case. I think we can all put this behind us.

Last edited by Nepsotic; 10-23-2018 at 03:03 PM..
Old 10-23-2018, 11:32 PM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)

I met you at EGX, I remember because I couldn't get over how fucking smol you were.

I also met Wil once. Good times. <3

Old 10-24-2018, 06:01 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

I did meet you, but before that I met a guy who I thought was you, but wasn't.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:49 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

I hope you're getting this all down, Nemin.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:38 AM
Zappfly

HarryB managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

Did this Q&A already happen? Where can we check the answers from Mr. Lanning, if it did?