Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 07-25-2014, 05:27 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)
Default Differences between difficulty levels

So now that the game is out I'm curious to know what the differences between difficulty levels are. Are there people who've played on the various levels and could share the noticeable details compared to hard?

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:40 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)

I've seen some streams and the UXB mines are much easier on lower difficulties.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:17 AM
Super Stingbee

V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)

grinders feel slower imo but i dont think it changes.

Also, on easy you get 9 grenades. On normal its 5 and on hard its 3. same with rocks and such.

on an unrelated note, while i was waiting around enjoying the scenery, i think i must have spent 15 minutes just pegging bottle caps at bats haha. I like the neat little worldly interactions

Also, boom bats got cut :O. No idea why though.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:57 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)

I got the same speed run time on Easy and Hard. There really isn't too much of a difference for a seasoned Oddworld player. Easy is just a bit more... forgiving of silly mistakes; e.g if you miss a ledge and a Slig shoots at you, you still have a chance to hop back up instead of game over.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:27 AM
Just Add Water

CrowbarSka does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (91)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_O_T View Post
Also, boom bats got cut :O. No idea why though.
Turns out they read really badly when the camera's zoomed right out, and they're just little spheres with tiny wings. They just didn't look like bats, they looked like balls of fluff, inexplicably hovering around. We tried a normal bat and it read much, much better, so we stuck with that. Mechanically, they're both identical.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:26 PM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)

Spoiler tags in the spoiler forum. So you don't have to read spoilers while reading spoilers. Spoilerception!

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Outlaw Shooter

Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)

Well I'm grateful!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)

Not to mention that this is SUCH a spoiler. It almost ruins all the game to know beforehand
Old 07-25-2014, 02:57 PM
Wolvark Shooter

JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowbarSka View Post
Turns out they read really badly when the camera's zoomed right out, and they're just little spheres with tiny wings. They just didn't look like bats, they looked like balls of fluff, inexplicably hovering around. We tried a normal bat and it read much, much better, so we stuck with that. Mechanically, they're both identical.
Riiiight, thanks for clearing that up, now I'm not so disappointed, I thought that boombats would actually provide some sort of explosion to help progress through the game, now I know they acted the same as bats, I'm not bothered that they were cut, would have been nice to see a bolamite to explain that spider web in zulag 2, but still, nice to see Bolamites in the FMV for Scrabania.

Old 07-26-2014, 02:57 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

First I thought that Boombats might be an alternative to grenades during the nature levels. Sadly it wasn't so.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:47 AM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)

There are no grenades in the nature levels. But that might have been fun, true.

So thoses bats are not boombats right? Do we have any name for them or are they still "bats" as the birds are just "birds"?

Old 07-28-2014, 03:52 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Bats = bats and birds = birds.

What does annoy me is that Oddworld has existed for almost 17 years and we still have no clue what the relationship is between Mudokons and those goddamn birds. Aside from portals and apparently health.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:30 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Well I'm sure I read somewhere that Mudokons have a bird like structure. So maybe they're related to them in some way.

Although flying dove like creatures also indicate spirituality which is probably the visual they're going for.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:11 PM
Sgt. Sideburns

MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne Lanning
The birds are like, unwilling hosts for parasitic Mudokon eggs. That's why they fly away from Abe unless he chants to calm them down, ha!

Old 07-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

That is disturbing on a 'childhood ruined' level.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:28 AM
cun't spill

Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)

Thanks for that Lorne. And he's me thinking it was some sort of Mudokon power...

I always thought it was the Mudokon's chant powers that able them to control the birds and nature as a whole. That's why you see the tamed Paramites and Scrabs at the end.

Twitter | Discord: @Crashpunk25

Last edited by Crashpunk; 07-29-2014 at 03:31 AM..
Old 07-29-2014, 03:37 AM
Wolvark Shooter

JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)

Why didn't any of you do what I did and not give a fuck about the birds and just enjoy the damn games like I did without thinking too deeply?

Old 07-31-2014, 03:48 AM
cun't spill

Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)

It's something called a conversation.

Holy shit guys, I loved Abe's Oddysee and all, but thinking about those birds really ruined the game for me.

Twitter | Discord: @Crashpunk25

Old 07-31-2014, 08:53 AM
Howler Punk

HOMINIX is on a roll now (244)HOMINIX is on a roll now (244)HOMINIX is on a roll now (244)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyGenesis View Post
Why didn't any of you do what I did and not give a fuck about the birds and just enjoy the damn games like I did without thinking too deeply?
I'm pretty certain all of these people enjoyed the games regardless of how much thought they put into the backstory. This is a forum dedicated to Oddworld, and you don't like it when people discuss the more obscured bits of Oddworld lore?

What do you come here for? I come here to talk about Oddworld.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:02 AM
Clakker Store Clerk

Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOMINIX View Post
What do you come here for? I come here to talk about Oddworld.
Get out

Old 08-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Sgt. Sideburns

MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)

Guys you do realise I made up that quote right I mean Jesus

Old 08-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7747)

but it sounds so legit
Old 08-04-2014, 04:08 AM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeechMunchie View Post
I did, I thought it was obvious you made it up.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Boombat Seeker

kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeechMunchie View Post
I suppose it's a testament to Lorne's eccentric vision. A quote pulled out of thin air seems legitimate, providing we attach our holy saviour's name to it.

Let me try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne Lanning
I never really liked the overly serious delivery of Abe's Oddysee. I always wanted to see a more goofy Oddworld, so that's what we did for Munch. It really turned out great, so we kept the same style for New 'n' Tasty. I think we'll keep it for the rest of the Quintology too.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Sgt. Sideburns

It needs to be more chummy. Throw in some "like"s or "ha"s or "y'know"s.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:37 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

The sad thing is that's actually true to reality, despite being a fake, joke quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:27 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Oh shit, let's not start the "is New n Tasty in the same vein as MO, is it like AE, should it have been more serious, are the Sligs the same as AE blah blah blah...."
Old 08-05-2014, 02:33 AM
Boombat Seeker

kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)

Why not, Holy Sock? I don't think we've heard enough childish nitpicking from half of this forum. Haha.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:38 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Because I'll get sucked back in, Kjj! I can't avoid a good debate on the tonal quality of video games!!!
Old 08-05-2014, 03:22 AM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Ok, then I have a suggestion for you guys, how about getting back to the topic?