Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

Old 10-31-2016, 08:56 AM
Bola Blast

FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)

I swear to god Varrok I'm gonna stick onomatopoeia in every single page from here on out just to see what kind of stupid jokes you make :P

Old 10-31-2016, 11:04 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)

I thought you've already started
Old 10-31-2016, 11:59 AM
8===========D~

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)

Kapow! Burn!
tsssssssssssssssssssss
im only jk fennec ilu rly bby

Old 11-03-2016, 02:19 PM
Boombat Seeker

Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)

I really love this *thumbs up* fennec

Old 11-13-2016, 07:31 PM
Bola Blast

FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)

Actually-new page at long, long last! And oh hey it's that guy.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:54 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)

So *now* it's "Splash"?
Old 11-14-2016, 07:32 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (850)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (850)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (850)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (850)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (850)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (850)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (850)

I love that wide-eyed expression on Raider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Old 11-14-2016, 09:18 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)

Nice!
Old 11-14-2016, 02:01 PM
Fuzzle

Sybil Ant is on a roll now (271)Sybil Ant is on a roll now (271)Sybil Ant is on a roll now (271)

Ahhh an oktigi!
Old 11-16-2016, 06:54 PM
Boombat Seeker

Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)Gunnr is getting this party started, handsome (419)

Now it's really pickin' up

Old 11-18-2016, 03:34 AM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)

Great work FennecFyre, can't wait to see where this story is heading.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:16 PM
Bola Blast

So I'm late with a new page again, and I'm not at all happy with the first panel, but hey at least I'm starting to figure out rain effects. Kind of 8I (And at least I've got an excuse for being late this time: finals stress, winter break, Subnautica, general laziness, etc.)

I'm sure I've mentioned it before somewhere, but I wondered where the severed fingers in Raider's hat came from since I saw them, and eventually started to headcanon that its Raider's own personal, grisly way of keeping order in his ranks. Any time someone tries to usurp him or otherwise challenge his authority as boss, and fails, he cuts off their trigger finger to add insult to injury and carries it around in his hatband like a nasty, dried-out medal. An outlaw that can't shoot a gun or throw a knife is gonna be an outlaw with a hard life.

I also debated whether or not Sekto would be able to speak without a host body, but having him mute until then just made things difficult script-wise, so here he can sort of hiss out words, though it takes a bit of effort.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:33 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

You haven't put enough effort in this one. I mean, it has 0 onomatopoeias
Old 12-22-2016, 02:05 AM
8===========D~

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)

fennec is good art ye

Old 12-22-2016, 03:51 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (850)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (850)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (850)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (850)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (850)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (850)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (850)

Varrok, I can't posrep you enough for that.

I quite like the interpretation of the fingers being from Raider's own gang.

That and Sekto taken out his usual suave stride by Raider's arm-flailing makes me giggle.

Quote:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Old 12-23-2016, 12:32 AM
Boombat Seeker

kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)

This is probably the most genuinely artistic thing to come out of the Fan Corner in sixteen years, except maybe A Fan Art.

Keep up the great work, FennecFyre! Do you have your own website/portfolio, besides DeviantArt?

Old 12-23-2016, 05:51 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjcarpenter View Post
This is probably the most genuinely artistic thing to come out of the Fan Corner in sixteen years, except maybe A Fan Art.

Keep up the great work, FennecFyre! Do you have your own website/portfolio, besides DeviantArt?
What do you mean by... "maybe"?

Quote:

Old 12-23-2016, 09:53 AM
Wolvark Shooter

AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)

This is really cool, good job for keeping this up. Your art style is great

Old 01-02-2017, 02:13 AM
Thudslug

Lord Vhazen is on a roll now (225)Lord Vhazen is on a roll now (225)Lord Vhazen is on a roll now (225)

Wow.... I'm honestly speechless. The art style, the pacing and just the basic idea... This is fascinating!

Old 01-02-2017, 12:31 PM
Bola Blast

Thanks all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddey View Post

That and Sekto taken out his usual suave stride by Raider's arm-flailing makes me giggle.
Shakin' him like an evil squishy maraca.

Quote:
Do you have your own website/portfolio, besides DeviantArt?
I don't, no, but I do know I need to set one up eventually...

Old 01-05-2017, 01:29 PM
Bola Blast

Henchman of the year.

I'm not too sure about the middle panels, so in case it doesn't make sense, Sekto is putting two and two together and realizing that the voice on the phone matches the voice of the steef that attacked his dam. Also, first time trying out Stranger's "growly" speech bubbles in the actual comic. Should I keep that look?

Old 01-05-2017, 11:16 PM
Outlaw Bomber

I kinda like that growly speech bubble, but it's a bit subtle I think. Makes it look a bit too much like Sekto's squiggly and slithery speech.

Also, more Sekto being tossed around.

Quote:

Old 01-06-2017, 12:50 PM
8===========D~

The subtlety works for it, if it were spiky it'd look like he's shouting.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Boombat Seeker

kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)kjjcarpenter has learned amuch throughout their quest (748)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FennecFyre View Post
I'm not too sure about the middle panels, so in case it doesn't make sense, Sekto is putting two and two together and realizing that the voice on the phone matches the voice of the steef that attacked his dam.
A sepia wash over those two panels would solve the problem, I think. Otherwise, the message is conveyed easily enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FennecFyre View Post
Also, first time trying out Stranger's "growly" speech bubbles in the actual comic. Should I keep that look?
Keep them. Absolutely. Oddey said it best: They're reminiscent of Sekto himself.

I think you should definitely consider building a digital portfolio for yourself, Fennec. You have some great stuff, and you deserve your own corner of the internet to host them.

Are you considering an artistic career?

Old 01-06-2017, 06:24 PM
8===========D~

She has one.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:08 PM
Boombat Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepsotic View Post
Aggregate websites aren't great for aspiring artists/professionals. I'd definitely recommend Fennec branching out from DeviantArt and forging her own portfolio, especially as her talent continues to grow.

That's just my opinion though. A professional URL to slap on a business card goes a long way, and it helps you stand out.

Regardless, the story is great, Fennec, and I'm looking forward to more!

Last edited by kjjcarpenter; 01-06-2017 at 08:12 PM..
Old 01-07-2017, 02:27 AM
8===========D~

Students can't generally afford custom domains or the amount of money it takes to commission a website.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:01 AM
Fuzzle

Sybil Ant is on a roll now (271)Sybil Ant is on a roll now (271)Sybil Ant is on a roll now (271)

You can grab a domain on GoDaddy for 1.99, and just link it to a free website like Wordpress, who'll also host it for you for an exra 5 a year.

Also friggin great work on this comic, Fennec. AH LOVE EET.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:35 AM
8===========D~

To be honest, I don't think it's worth it at this point. When she gains a larger following it definitely would be. I dunno. As a bedroom producer, the thought of having my own website to host music feels a little OTT for the moment. Maybe it is a good idea though, who knows.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Bola Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddey View Post
I kinda like that growly speech bubble, but it's a bit subtle I think. Makes it look a bit too much like Sekto's squiggly and slithery speech.
True. I'll see if I can exaggerate Sekto's bubbles a little more to make them stand out, try to really show that creepy-ass voice of his.

Quote:
Are you considering an artistic career?
I'd like to, yeah. Game art/storytelling would be my first choice for a field, so things like concept art or worldbuilding. I'd love to get to do something like that.

As for a digital portfolio, Nep does have a point, it might still be a bit too early to think about that. Right now I don't feel like my art really has much of a professional "polish" to it, and I'm not really confident putting anything out anywhere more official than dA.