Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 07-09-2018, 09:23 AM
Formely Samlaptop95

Samtastic keeps ya spleen toasty (109)Samtastic keeps ya spleen toasty (109)
Default The Queens of Oddwold

This posted on Twitter today
Old 07-09-2018, 09:39 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)

Ooh now this is something a bit different; shame you can't expand on the unseen concept art though.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:14 AM
Bolamite

Stitchlips25 does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (73)

Sure you can, make it seen
Twitch
Facebook
Reddit
Patreon

Old 07-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Super Stingbee

Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (704)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (704)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (704)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (704)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (704)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (704)Phoetux has learned amuch throughout their quest (704)

The queens are always

Glad to see entire pages for them

Old 07-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)

Lorne Lanning VS The OWF Community

Old 07-09-2018, 08:01 PM
Riot Slug

Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)

That's pretty cool to see. Look forward to more pictures to be put up on those pages.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:23 AM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3562)

This is a nice surprise, I always love to see "new" concept art and get new bits of lore info. Wondering how much more we will get for Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by STM View Post
shame you can't expand on the unseen concept art though.
I had the exact same thought, felt a bit frustrated.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:06 AM
Super Stingbee

V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)

Have we ever seen the slig queen before? Either way, getting this little touch of lore is always welcome.

I’d love to see the different types of scrabs and paramites too.

Last edited by V_O_T; 07-10-2018 at 02:15 AM..
Old 07-11-2018, 08:52 AM
Fuzzle

CravenKnight is on a roll now (200)CravenKnight is on a roll now (200)CravenKnight is on a roll now (200)

if you'd care to peruse STM's avatar for a moment you'll find a portrait of the one and only Skillya.

we had some concept art of her a while back.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:55 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5901)

get away from my thicc bih slig gf.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:38 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)

This is really great. So good to see some new pics!

This one kinda threw me off though. I always imagined Sam being much bigger than that.

I'm genuinely thinking about how I can build this lamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STM View Post
Ooh now this is something a bit different; shame you can't expand on the unseen concept art though.
Right-click and select 'View Image'. Or look at the tweets at the bottom of the page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sam.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	14612   Click image for larger version

Name:	lamp.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	14613  

Old 07-15-2018, 08:10 AM
Bolamite

I'm intrigued to learn more about the queens tomorrow
Twitch
Facebook
Reddit
Patreon

Old 07-15-2018, 01:32 PM
Anarcho-Apiarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Right-click and select 'View Image'. Or look at the tweets at the bottom of the page.
Thank <3

Quote:
This is really great. So good to see some new pics!

This one kinda threw me off though. I always imagined Sam being much bigger than that.
I think in other concept art she is bigger, it looks like they went through a lot of design iterations; some with her looking more mammalian, some where she has the engorged abdomen of an insect.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:38 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3642)

That looks exactly like one of the clive barker's tortured souls figures I used to have

Old 07-24-2018, 09:40 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12930)

We have Skillya completed!

Also, it looks like the Instagram links have been removed from Sam's page. JAW, can you please return them? They had the captions and bigger images, which I preferred.

We also have Lady Margaret started. And I'm confused by these blobs - are Glukkons actually mammals?

Old 07-24-2018, 10:23 AM
Bolamite

Look at all those side boobs
Twitch
Facebook
Reddit
Patreon

Old 07-24-2018, 12:19 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)

Quote:
JAW, can you please return them?
???

Quote:
And I'm confused by these blobs - are Glukkons actually mammals?
They're aliens.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:38 PM
Outlaw Shooter

Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)

aw, those eyelashes are kinda cute...
Old 07-24-2018, 02:09 PM
Fuzzle

CravenKnight is on a roll now (200)CravenKnight is on a roll now (200)CravenKnight is on a roll now (200)

i know this isn't new artwork but i've always loved her expression. she fucking hates everyone. if she's ever in a game i hope they keep the miserable sneery face.

i seem to remember hearing something about Maggie laying barbed eggs that hurt so much during birth that she harboured ill feelings towards her children because of it, is that true? after reading Skillya's profile saying she hates her offspring because of how painful the birthing process is i feel like i'm getting mixed up.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:42 PM
Boombat

Yokai heeds the wisdom of the storystones (162)Yokai heeds the wisdom of the storystones (162)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravenKnight View Post

i know this isn't new artwork but i've always loved her expression. she fucking hates everyone. if she's ever in a game i hope they keep the miserable sneery face.

i seem to remember hearing something about Maggie laying barbed eggs that hurt so much during birth that she harboured ill feelings towards her children because of it, is that true? after reading Skillya's profile saying she hates her offspring because of how painful the birthing process is i feel like i'm getting mixed up.
It was an early concept, written on a concept art that didn't have the "current design" for Margaret. Therefore, that might not be the case anymore since that seems to be Skillya's thing.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:37 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

Maybe she lays eggs with barbs on the inside. Wouldn't surprise me, nasty old git.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:08 AM
Bolamite

Sounds painful
Twitch
Facebook
Reddit
Patreon

Old 07-25-2018, 08:36 AM
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1375)

Old 07-25-2018, 08:42 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil View Post
???

Woah. That was a brain fart.

OWI, can you please return the Instagram links?