Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

Old 08-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Bolamite

Elodie managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)
Default All this talk of comics...

**firstly apologies for the incorrect forum** It's been ages since I posted a new topic it just passed my mind. (perhaps a moderator could kindly move it for me?)

I know I don't post as often as I should, which is why todays post is a special one. As some of you know me and Sapphire are working on a web comic called Slogmeat. We're taking this very seriously and obviously don't want to rush it, however to get your interest we'd like to show you some of our concpet designs. The comic's structure is probably as dynamic and orginal as Oddworld itself is. Intregued? Great, then help provide us with your feedback and we can make the comic the best it can be.

Here are some great concept drawings by a great friend of mine David Sherwin who is new to the project and will be helping out with this project.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oldtimer-shaman.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	3509   Click image for larger version

Name:	brigand-slig.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	3510  

Last edited by Elodie; 08-09-2005 at 01:20 PM..
Old 08-09-2005, 07:37 PM
The Junk Food Junkie

Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)

Holy shit, he's good!

I so want to meet this guy.

Old 08-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Outlaw Shooter

odd chick managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

Woah, that is great, Elodie! Your art rocks-it's perfect! I like the first pic the best.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:50 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Teal managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

Oo, hat. Wicked.

Old 08-10-2005, 05:08 AM
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

Man thats good! Well done!
I can't choose between first or second... but I'll say second because of the hat.

Old 08-10-2005, 03:05 PM
The Junk Food Junkie

Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)

Quote:
Originally Posted by odd chick
Woah, that is great, Elodie! Your art rocks-it's perfect! I like the first pic the best.
That art wasn't done by him. It was done by another guy named David Sherwin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodie
Here are some great concept drawings by a great friend of mine David Sherwin who is new to the project and will be helping out with this project.

Old 08-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Can't Be Arsed

Rich keeps ya spleen toasty (138)Rich keeps ya spleen toasty (138)

This sounds interesting. And David Sherwin pwns.

Old 08-10-2005, 07:32 PM
The Junk Food Junkie

Does this guy have a website?

Old 08-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Outlaw Shooter

odd chick managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipstikk
That art wasn't done by him. It was done by another guy named David Sherwin.
Oops, well, HIS art is great. Yeah, I'd like to know if he has a site, too.

Old 08-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Symphonium

used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)

Damn, that is good! Yes...does he have a web site?

Old 08-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Bolamite

Unfortunately he doesn't have a website, however he's putting a lot of time and effort out of his own free time to help colaborate this comic, so you can expect more artwork from him soon.

I like the hat as well. This comes from the fact that in the comic there will be kind of a "pirates of the carrabian" twist to some characters. And it all fits in really well.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:17 PM
Bolamite

I've uploaded some more concepts for you to provide some feedback on. Let us know what you think.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slig.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	3556   Click image for larger version

Name:	colouredinslig.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	267.8 KB
ID:	3557   Click image for larger version

Name:	tentcolorssmall.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	3559  
Old 08-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)
Exclamation Nice

Holy crap! Those illustrations rock! This David Sherwin guy has a lot of talent, you should get him to join the forum and maybe post some more artwork (while we're waiting for the comic of course).

Last edited by LoboDiabloLoneWolf; 09-09-2005 at 06:48 AM..
Old 08-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Outlaw Mortar

Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)

Woah. Woah. Woah. Amazing drawings there. Yes, get him to join the forums and post the comics, soon if not now! They are just, incredible. Is this guy like a proffessional artist, cause he could be.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

Old 08-19-2005, 01:17 PM
The Junk Food Junkie

This guy... is GOD!

I need someone who's a better artist than me here. GET HIM HERE!

Old 08-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Symphonium

used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)

I love this guy! Especially the color he uses in the tent pictures. It would be great if an OWI game had a pirate slig in it!

Old 08-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Bolamite

He has tried to get onto the forums, for some reason its not letting him on. Also just to point out, the first picture is a concept piece by Sapphire. Like I said before we are deadly serious about this project and all the artists working on it are professionals, we should have a blog site up soon so we can keep you updated about certain aspects of the project.

What do you reckon to the atmosphere of the images, for example the tents, and the 'pirate' theme?
Old 08-20-2005, 01:53 AM
Stunk

Sapphire managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

Considering I'm part of the project, I have some ideas about the pirate design that I think I'll hold off discussing until we can have our meeting.

Also, I should be scrawling up a few more concepts this weekend, so hopefully we can really get this out as soon as we can. I have many projects going on, as you know, but this one is obviously very important to me, and close to my heart.