Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 09-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)

A thought just occured to me: how often do you think babies are born with hypospaedius, that they've actually given the condition a name? I mean, I've never heard of it before so for all I know it could have been called "Seeger's Syndrome".

My brother was born with an undescended testicle if that makes you feel better [/random comment]

Old 09-11-2005, 03:12 AM
Can't Be Arsed

Rich keeps ya spleen toasty (138)Rich keeps ya spleen toasty (138)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDW
A thought just occured to me: how often do you think babies are born with hypospaedius, that they've actually given the condition a name?
The 'hypospaedius' is the name of the treatment, not the condition. As for the question, I'd guess that it's a pretty rare occurence, I've never heard of it before. But if the treatment exists then it must happen often enough.

Old 09-11-2005, 06:23 AM
Fish out of Water

AquaticAmbi managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

I thought I'd try learning more about it, but when I did a google search using the word, "hypospaedius", only a single website shows up, and it isn't even a medical informationy site. The word doesn't work on wikipedia either, so it's either extremely rare or we've been spelling it incorrectly.

I ask that this be left open until Dippy talks to his doctor so we can know how things turn out.

Old 09-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Teal managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticAmbi
I thought I'd try learning more about it, but when I did a google search using the word, "hypospaedius", only a single website shows up, and it isn't even a medical informationy site. The word doesn't work on wikipedia either, so it's either extremely rare or we've been spelling it incorrectly.
*nods* I tried "hypospedius" as well (going by the whole anglo/american paediatric/pediatric spelling differences) and only got eight hits - but then Google suggested "hypospadius" and I got 295,000 hits. Apparently it occurs in between 1 in every 125 male births and 4 in 1000 births, so it's a lot more common that it looked. That's SOMEthing to take comfort from, I guess - should mean Dipstikk's urologist is a lot more likely to have a solution for him.

Old 09-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (40)

Good luck with that. I really suggest getting advice. I'd get surgery and I'd get a physician's advice. I'm sure that they could always put a new pipe in.
I feel pretty bad for, it must really be terrible to have that condition.

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

Old 09-16-2005, 02:26 PM
The Junk Food Junkie

Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk HDM
I'm sure that they could always put a new pipe in.
They already have. It was done when I was only a week old.

Old 09-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (40)

No, I mean post operation, if you should so choose to be operated on. sorry, I'm not the best type of person to ask questions like this.

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

Old 09-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Naked & Pimping

Godlesswanderer managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (22)

I think he means, if it happens to grow back as it was, he's sure they could put another pipe in again.

Old 10-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Outlaw Mortar

Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)

Any news on the treatment, Matt? Have you decided yet?

Old 10-03-2005, 08:44 PM
The Junk Food Junkie

Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)Dipstikk has learned amuch throughout their quest (627)

Update: I went to the doctor Friday. She told me that, along with the surgury, I might just have a very low testosterone level. She drew some blood and I should know if I do or not by tommorow. There are 3 options available to raise my testosterone levels: inject me with some, give me a testosterone cream or a patch.

Something that worries me, though. I'm not sure what this'll do to my overall demenor. It could make me more aggressive than I am now, according to my mom. It could change my attitude completely.

I don't want to become more aggressive than I am now, and I don't want to lose the Matt I am right now.

I'll be talking to the doctor later this week, and I'll see what she says. I'm most likely going to talk with a urologist as well.

Old 10-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Outlaw Mortar

Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nads
Do it for the donkey cock...
Insightful - nay! Ingenious.

I'd say check out the testosterone, Matt. If your demeanor changes to your disliking, then get off it. If there's no big changes and it produces results, then I'd say stick with it.

Old 10-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Symphonium

used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)

Well, this may sound a bit far fetched, but what if the testosterone Matt wants to stay like that. Then we would never have good matt back, not saying that the testosterone Matt would be bad, he might turn out a little better maybe.

Old 10-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Outlaw Mortar

Quote:
Originally Posted by used:)
Well, this may sound a bit far fetched, but what if the testosterone Matt wants to stay like that. Then we would never have good matt back, not saying that the testosterone Matt would be bad, he might turn out a little better maybe.
I considered this, but the I thought this:

People who are being assholes, especially if the assholism is caused by drugs, realize it. And if Matt realizes it, I;m confident that he'll drop the drug like a ****ing lava potatoe.

However, realize that he has a life that isn't based around the forums. So he has to consider whether he likes the testosterone life better or not.

Sorry if this post is incoherent, I've been writing it over the course of 15 minutes, and I've lost my train of thought several times.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Outlaw Sniper

Dino managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

I would've thought that if he has a testosterone deficiency substantial enough to stunt the growth of his penis, he wouldn't be a very manly person (IE little pubic hair, high pitched voice, boyish figure, etc). I don't really get that impression off of Dipstikk, so I'm genuinely questioning this doctor's judgement here.

If this tube is the cause of the stunting, then I don't see what testosterone would do, other than make him really hairy, really rough sounding, very bulky, very aggressive, and sexually rampant.