Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Non-Oddworld Gaming

Old 02-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)
Default Escape From City 17 - Live Action Half-Life Film

Live action film about Half Life. And not some crappy fan made stuff either. This thing has actual quality and is very cool to watch.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Necrum Burial Grounds Moderator
Our worst member ever

OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)

That was actually pretty cool.

I would love to see a good, gritty HL2 movie.

My bowels hurt.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Thudslug

Killy heeds the wisdom of the storystones (185)Killy heeds the wisdom of the storystones (185)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OANST View Post

Hear hear, I'm very thrilled to see how far they can carry this. It'll be worth keeping a close eye on.

also pity-posting here for Havoc's sake...

Old 02-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OANST View Post

I would not. Half Life fucking sucks. I mean, come on, the protagonist's name is Gordon Freeman. Freeman? Oh, Free-Man. I get it. Because the game is played in a totalitarian setting.

That and the mindless "Look at our physics engine. No, seriously, look at it!" puzzles that occur every twenty minutes are boring.

So, by default, the movie would be a boring piece of turd [yes, piece of turd. Not even a whole turd. Just a piece] full of physics and stupid puns.

Unless they got Morgan Freeman to play Dog. And Dog talked. Like Morgan Freeman. Then I'd see it.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Our worst member ever

OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)

My love for HL2 is pure and beautiful. You take it back.

My bowels hurt.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)Disgruntled Intern is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4322)

The fact that you can love an over rated [piece of] turd like HL2 more than a dapper gent such as myself is simply mind boggling.

Mind boggling, I say.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Our worst member ever

I've been know to dabble in mind boggling.

My bowels hurt.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Bayesian Empirimancer

Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Intern View Post
I would not. Half Life fucking sucks. I mean, come on, the protagonist's name is Gordon Freeman. Freeman? Oh, Free-Man. I get it. Because the game is played in a totalitarian setting.
This argument falls apart the moment you consider the existance of Half-Life 1.

The bigger issue with a Half-Life film would be portraying Gordon Freeman on-screen (which he never is in the games, and I don't think people realise just how jarring seeing the bespectacled theoretical physicist in an orange and black suit of armour running around Ravenholm would really be) and also the fact that he is mute, and a speaking Gordon would have unforeseen consequences for the franchise as a whole.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

You fall apart the moment I consider anything.

Buh-ZING!

Old 02-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Thudslug

Killy heeds the wisdom of the storystones (185)Killy heeds the wisdom of the storystones (185)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Magnet
unforeseen consequences
Oh, I see what you did there! Well played, sir!

Old 02-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)

Any movie about Half-Life should be set in the same universe and follow the same basic story (Black Mesa, Combine, City 17 and it's rebellion) but it should be told from someone else's perspective all together. I would agree that a scientist running around acting like Rambo and actually getting away with it only works in a game (apparently) and if put on the big screen, would make Uwe Boll movies look good.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:46 AM
Less worse

Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
Any movie about Half-Life should be set in the same universe and follow the same basic story (Black Mesa, Combine, City 17 and it's rebellion) but it should be told from someone else's perspective all together. I would agree that a scientist running around acting like Rambo and actually getting away with it only works in a game (apparently) and if put on the big screen, would make Uwe Boll movies look good.
Someone hasn't seen Postal or (from what I hear) Seed.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:28 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

I've seen the intro of Postal which was pretty funny.