Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 02-19-2009, 02:03 AM
Wolvark Shooter

AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)
Happy Making your voice sound like a Slig?

How would you go about it? Is there a piece of software that can achieve this effect?

Old 02-19-2009, 03:25 AM
Thudslug

Killy heeds the wisdom of the storystones (185)Killy heeds the wisdom of the storystones (185)

I can think of at least one way of doing this. It's probably a bit hard, but it's possible with filters and audio effects in software such as Adobe Audition. I've recorded my own voice on several ocassions and worked with turning it into radio chatter - works like a charm. However, I think turning it into a Slig's voice might be a little harder. You're going to have to pitch it, lower the quality, chamber it (they have masks, after all) and probably add some kind of noise filter to it. I've never thought of doing this, but I might give it a try at the end of the week. Good thinking!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:44 AM
Necrum Burial Grounds Moderator
Our worst member ever

OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)

Razor. Blades.

My bowels hurt.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Wolvark Shooter

AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)

That reminds me, what is this 'chambering' you speak of? I always wondered how they make mask noises.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Thudslug

Killy heeds the wisdom of the storystones (185)Killy heeds the wisdom of the storystones (185)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFili View Post
That reminds me, what is this 'chambering' you speak of? I always wondered how they make mask noises.
Chambering, just something I made up in the context of making the voice sound chambered - restricted, like inside a mask. I think it's possible using a distortion filter.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:03 AM
Fuzzle

Guekko managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (42)

Hmn, if you mean physically out loud, you could mess about with a ring modulator - those make dalek voices sound the way they do, so they could probably make you sound sliggy (ring modulators are absolute fun to mess about with :P)
I wouldn't know on the digital side of things though, that isn't my field
Old 02-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (87)

In order to sound like a slig, the best way I think is that you need voice talent and I am sure they used voice talent in the studio when they were makeing the games.

I actually can make my voice sound like a slig sometimes if a try at it. At least close to it.

Paramiteabe...

Old 02-23-2009, 02:28 AM
Wolvark Shooter

The Slig voices sound quite digitally manipulated in the way they speak. Maybe I can read up about Doctor Who and how they make Cybermen/Darleks sound like that?

Old 02-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Fuzzle

Guekko managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (42)

As I've said, the dalek voice is created by someone speaking into a ring modulator, not digitally edited after being spoken (cyberman voice I believe is digitally edited but I do not have a clue how). When I got my paws on a ring modulator I was only making dalek sounds with it, didn't think of trying to sound like a slig ^^; Find one again it sounds like something fun to mess about with
Old 02-28-2009, 09:48 AM
cun't spill

Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)

theres a Dalek vocie changer in the Doctor who place in Blackpool
i shouted Freeze and it sound a lot like a Slig