Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 04-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)
Default Favourite song that references a real place

Preferably a real place you actually have contact with. This is inspired by this thread.

I'm going to go with Four Seasons in One Day by Crowded House; inspired by Melbourne's weather.

Also, I'll mention pretty much anything written by The Cat Empire, who love referencing everything about this city, from St. Kilda (which is one suburb over from where I live) to the trams, to Half Moon bay. Hell, they even released a concept album dedicated to Melbourne. Also, Harry Angus sings a song about being in high school and having a crush on a girl called Fontaine. Turns out my good friend Cheese went to school with Harry AND there really was a girl called Fontaine in the class.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Less worse

Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)

Singapore by Tom Waits.

Rain Dogs was a good album.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:27 PM

Pilot is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Pilot is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Pilot is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Pilot is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Pilot is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Pilot is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Pilot is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Pilot is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Pilot is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Pilot is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Pilot is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
Preferably a real place you actually have contact with.
Billy Ocean's Get Out of My Dreams, Get into My Car

Fleetwood Mac's Welcome to the Room, Sara

The Cars Here in my Car

Bob Seger's Main Street

Tony Christie's Don't Go Down to Reno

Last edited by Pilot; 04-13-2009 at 07:37 PM..
Old 04-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Thudslug

Killy heeds the wisdom of the storystones (185)Killy heeds the wisdom of the storystones (185)

Tim Hecker - La Ceibas. One of the coolest, albeit shortest ambient tracks I've ever heard.