Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion > Oddworld Mods & Hacks

Old 07-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Howler Punk

skychase2rebirth is getting this party started, handsome (414)skychase2rebirth is getting this party started, handsome (414)skychase2rebirth is getting this party started, handsome (414)skychase2rebirth is getting this party started, handsome (414)skychase2rebirth is getting this party started, handsome (414)
Default BG objects for custom levs

I thought it may be useful to have a some "ready to use" .png for cam editing. (more to come later) They're not perfect, if somebody want to help. ^^

There are lots of things you can extract with Paul's decoder 0.5

he could not can read what you say properly because you sorry couldn't did not use proper grammer level not design and read bad he could can not and mad you did not did do proof read it's not is hard when you just type whatever comes not to mind and don't read not yes read through what you have not yes have said.

Last edited by skychase2rebirth; 07-14-2011 at 05:18 PM..
Old 07-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Boombat

Tadimo keeps ya spleen toasty (141)Tadimo keeps ya spleen toasty (141)

Was kinda hoping that they were Baldur's Gate objects, otherwise they look pretty good
Old 07-07-2011, 10:45 PM
aka OddMan360

RoryF has learned amuch throughout their quest (732)RoryF has learned amuch throughout their quest (732)RoryF has learned amuch throughout their quest (732)RoryF has learned amuch throughout their quest (732)RoryF has learned amuch throughout their quest (732)RoryF has learned amuch throughout their quest (732)RoryF has learned amuch throughout their quest (732)

Those look cool, any more you could put here?

Old 07-08-2011, 02:51 AM
Stingbee

Sliglover managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (40)

Awesome! More plz? :3

Old 07-08-2011, 03:22 AM
Wolvark Shooter

JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)

STUPID MOMENT COMMING

I take it that the button and spout on the Boom machine are objects and not images?

I've never actually worked with Boom machines when editing levels.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:21 AM
aka OddMan360

RoryF has learned amuch throughout their quest (732)RoryF has learned amuch throughout their quest (732)RoryF has learned amuch throughout their quest (732)RoryF has learned amuch throughout their quest (732)RoryF has learned amuch throughout their quest (732)RoryF has learned amuch throughout their quest (732)RoryF has learned amuch throughout their quest (732)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyGenesis View Post

I take it that the button and spout on the Boom machine are objects and not images?
Encyclopedia 101?

Ha, yeah the actual buttons are objects, like meat saws.

Also, when you upload these, can you keep them in the same resolution as you've started with? This makes it tonnes easier to place inside cams to get them to align better.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Howler Punk

skychase2rebirth is getting this party started, handsome (414)skychase2rebirth is getting this party started, handsome (414)skychase2rebirth is getting this party started, handsome (414)skychase2rebirth is getting this party started, handsome (414)skychase2rebirth is getting this party started, handsome (414)

I'll upload more soon, if you want something specific, just ask and I'll try.^^
he could not can read what you say properly because you sorry couldn't did not use proper grammer level not design and read bad he could can not and mad you did not did do proof read it's not is hard when you just type whatever comes not to mind and don't read not yes read through what you have not yes have said.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Super Stingbee

kapteeni13 is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (371)kapteeni13 is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (371)kapteeni13 is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (371)kapteeni13 is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (371)

(hehehe) maybe, some fake Mine, Scrab, Slig? =) (ummm, maybe no!)

Old 07-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Howler Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteeni13 View Post
(hehehe) maybe, some fake Mine, Scrab, Slig? =) (ummm, maybe no!)
Or some slig corpses, lying all around the level or broken security orb/eye, scrab statues....

Old 07-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Sniper Wasp

SligValet does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (79)

Thanks for these! Always come in handy if you're too lazy to cut out it pixel-perfect for your levels

Could you do some walkways and hoist ledges from different types of environments next?

Old 07-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Outlaw Sniper

Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)

It would be really easy to make decent looking screens with lots of bits like this

Crawling sligs will shout "Mommy!" while running around and then the slig mommy will appear and help them put their pants on.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Howler Punk

I'm working on some right now, working on floor pieces. ^^

I put some of these on an empty cam with "paint" (explaining the white shit everywhere on the objects)

With Pixlr editor or GIMP, it might look better.

Last edited by skychase2rebirth; 07-11-2011 at 07:10 PM..
Old 07-12-2011, 03:31 AM
cun't spill

Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)

These are great! I'm going to convert them into VTF and use them on my TF2 Oddworld Map :P

Old 07-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Sniper Wasp

Great work on the floor pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashpunk View Post
These are great! I'm going to convert them into VTF and use them on my TF2 Oddworld Map :P
They'd just be flat textures, doesn't look very good in 3D games unless it's used in the distance or so

Old 07-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Howler Punk

Because my last example with a black background was kinda crappy, those are more serious... Now like Uncle Aslik said: Get back to work !

Old 07-13-2011, 02:41 AM
cun't spill

Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SligValet View Post
They'd just be flat textures, doesn't look very good in 3D games unless it's used in the distance or so
They will be in the distance as a decel. I could also make 3D versions of them as well but I'm a noob at modling.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Howler Punk

New:

first post edited.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Howler Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SligValet View Post
Could you do some walkways and hoist ledges from different types of environments next?
Sorry double post.

Which environments do you want me to work on ? Just tell me which and I'll do my best. (I don't want to waste too much time on pieces nobody wants for now ^^)

Old 07-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Sniper Wasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by skychase2rebirth View Post
Sorry double post.

Which environments do you want me to work on ? Just tell me which and I'll do my best. (I don't want to waste too much time on pieces nobody wants for now ^^)
Some Stockyards would be nice! Or more RuptureFarms if theres anything more to nab from there

Old 07-16-2011, 10:48 AM
cun't spill

Keep 'em coming.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Super Stingbee

gishygleb does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (81)

FG objects are needed too.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Howler Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gishygleb View Post
FG objects are needed too.
They'll be alot more useful when PLE 0.7 will be released, but I can extract them for you soon with decoder 0.5.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Wolvark Shooter

JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)JennyGenesis is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1025)

How do you actually put an FG1 layer onto a CAM?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:47 AM
No Artificial Colours

Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)

As of yet you don't.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Boombat

BlackVenom heeds the wisdom of the storystones (186)BlackVenom heeds the wisdom of the storystones (186)
Happy

Not a bad idea, helping people out to make their own scenes with the already made props. I still prefer to make everything myself because I can give it the sort of environmental feel it needs, or I could just make whatever I want without really having any limits as to preset objects. xP

Like so:

and also put to use here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oJYK12FbHs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phvnwhsyIl4

I was thinking of putting up a youtube tutorial explaining how such things can be done but right now I am feeling a bit lazy and I know alot of people might not get it first time around anyway since it does require alot of creativity to get a good concept started for creating scenes.

Right now I'm just waiting for the editor to support editing of Abe's Exoddus scenes correctly before going ahead with it. I'm sure it could be done right now but I'd rather wait till it's been covered better than what it currently is. Just hope paul is close to getting it ready for that! xP

[EDIT] ALSO! An important tip when making entirely custom scenes... Don't make them too dark, because the game for some odd reason makes them even darker then what the actual image is... So try not to make it majority black otherwise you'd get even more blackness to the scene... Very weird...

Last edited by BlackVenom; 07-31-2011 at 09:45 PM..
Old 07-31-2011, 11:13 PM
Super Stingbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVenom View Post

[EDIT] ALSO! An important tip when making entirely custom scenes... Don't make them too dark, because the game for some odd reason makes them even darker then what the actual image is... So try not to make it majority black otherwise you'd get even more blackness to the scene... Very weird...
This is it!
Old 07-31-2011, 11:26 PM
Boombat

BlackVenom heeds the wisdom of the storystones (186)BlackVenom heeds the wisdom of the storystones (186)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gishygleb View Post
This is it!
This is what exactly? O.o

Old 08-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Super Stingbee

the solving of the problem!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Sniper Wasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVenom View Post
Not a bad idea, helping people out to make their own scenes with the already made props. I still prefer to make everything myself because I can give it the sort of environmental feel it needs, or I could just make whatever I want without really having any limits as to preset objects. xP

Like so:

and also put to use here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oJYK12FbHs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phvnwhsyIl4

I was thinking of putting up a youtube tutorial explaining how such things can be done but right now I am feeling a bit lazy and I know alot of people might not get it first time around anyway since it does require alot of creativity to get a good concept started for creating scenes.

Right now I'm just waiting for the editor to support editing of Abe's Exoddus scenes correctly before going ahead with it. I'm sure it could be done right now but I'd rather wait till it's been covered better than what it currently is. Just hope paul is close to getting it ready for that! xP

Oh please do make a tutorial when you have the time to
I can assume you used Photoshop - Which I'm terrible at, so a small tutorial would be very helpful

I just love the deisgn of your cams, they look so smooth and lovely

Old 11-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Bola Blast

WolfensteinOdess does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (78)

Thanx for the objects sky.

Black, I wan't to create backgrounds like the yours, I havn't Photoshop but Photofiltre :/

I edit a background :

I add a new platform (Right)