Originally Posted by Nepsotic
I did ask for clarification? I only snarked afterwards.
Oops,didn't notice your comment,I had the page without your comment,must have forgotten to refresh.
Here's what I did with sounds.dat,step by step:
1.Made a backup(in case something goes wrong)
2.Opened sounds.dat in Audacity with the Project Hz Rate set to 22050)
3.Lowered the pitch randomly.(I didn't check how much semitones I lowered it by)
4.Exported the edited audio as wav.
5.Opened Sony Vegas 10.
6.Set the playback speed to 0.35x(though it can also be set to 0.25x and 0.28x)
7.Edited Abe's voice with some russian voices extracted with PSound (I tried to even hide Daffy Duck's voice in there,it's when 2 Scrabs fight,and Daffy says "Well call me frankly!")
8.Saved the edited sounds.dat as a wav file,with the Hz rate being 22050)
9.Using WinRAR,I renamed sounds.wav to sounds.dat(even though it can be done from Windows Explorer too,make sure you have the option to hide file extensions unchecked)
10.Copied the new sounds.dat to my Abe's Exoddus folder
11.Started the game,and changes took effect,music was low pitched,and Abe was now talking half russian half english.
This is what I did,step by step.