Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion > Oddworld Let's Plays and Speedruns

Old 05-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Sewer Sleg

AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)
Arrow Twitch.tv ||| OddworldSpeedruns

http://www.twitch.tv/oddworldspeedruns

Hey all...

Over the past couple months, there's grown a small community of Oddworld speedrunners on twitch.tv, predominantly running speedrun categories of Abe's Exoddus. It seems until then there hadn't been much interest in speedrunning the Abe games.

Since that time however this community has been streaming on a regular basis, trying to beat their Personal Bests whilst chatting with their viewers, and have shaved HOURS off some of the previous world records in the more enduring categories like Glitchless 100% completion. I think now is a good time to post here as they've set up a new channel where they are going to be hosting multi-stream races of the games, and are about to begin their first race right now. So if you're intrigued, click below to come see for yourself what's going on...

See you there!

http://www.twitch.tv/oddworldspeedruns

7 May 2017: ABE'S EXODDUS HARDCORE%

RESULT:
1st - ToolOfDestruction (3h3min)
2nd - UltraStars3000 (BSOD at beginning of Brewery)
3rd - CoolMiniGun (Ragequit in Bonewerkz)

Last edited by AvengingGibbons; 05-08-2017 at 02:22 AM..
Old 05-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)

Quote:
NO QUICKSAVE,
SAVE ALL 300,
NO GLITCHING
Sounds promising
Old 05-07-2017, 11:12 AM
Riot Slug

Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)

Cool

Old 05-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Thudslug

SgabbitGabbiar keeps ya spleen toasty (112)SgabbitGabbiar keeps ya spleen toasty (112)

That's great! i'll watch it for sure
Old 05-07-2017, 12:25 PM
Outlaw Cutter

Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (781)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (781)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (781)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (781)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (781)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (781)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (781)

Wrong section.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)

Vlam is right, we actually have a Speedrunning subforum
Old 05-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)

I wound up watching this longer than I thought I would. Until a bluescreen caused only one speedrunner to be left lol.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12910)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12910)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12910)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12910)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12910)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12910)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12910)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12910)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12910)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12910)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12910)

*moves*

Old 05-09-2017, 03:32 AM
Sewer Sleg

AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
I wound up watching this longer than I thought I would. Until a bluescreen caused only one speedrunner to be left lol.
Yeah, someone joked that we should start the race with like 10 people so that atleast 2 or 3 manage to complete xD

There's a couple of people practicing the run, myself included, so there'll eventually be more people participating in the races. And to be honest, BSOD was unlucky, and the other guy that quit did so because he was struggling on this particular race... If I'm able to I'll let people here know when the next race is in advance. o/
Old 07-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Super Stingbee

kapteeni13 is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (352)kapteeni13 is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (352)kapteeni13 is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (352)kapteeni13 is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (352)

I just found Oddworld Speedrunner doing "glitchless" run with glitch that allows Elum to skip bees in Scrabania. Simply just running through walls.

I don't trust some things these runners are using or earning WRs but meh who am i to judge.