Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion > Oddworld Let's Plays and Speedruns

Old 10-24-2017, 09:47 AM
Formely Samlaptop95

Samtastic keeps ya spleen toasty (109)Samtastic keeps ya spleen toasty (109)
Default Maximum Casualties World Record

Here is my world record for Abe's Oddysee Maximum Casualties. Enjoy!
https://www.speedrun.com/run/y8q8055y
Old 10-24-2017, 12:34 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)

Nice! Although I think you should disclose that you were using game glitches (ledge glitch, for example)

I have a question: Why did you visit the secret levels in Stockyards?
Old 10-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Outlaw Cutter

Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrok View Post
Nice! Although I think you should disclose that you were using game glitches (ledge glitch, for example)
Don't they call it glitchless run?
Old 10-24-2017, 12:46 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7589)

Let's not get into the semantics of the category naming.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:01 PM
Bolamite

SlashClaw managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (12)

cool
Old 10-25-2017, 03:25 AM
Clakker Store Clerk

Shade667 heeds the wisdom of the storystones (196)Shade667 heeds the wisdom of the storystones (196)

Quote:

I have a question: Why did you visit the secret levels in Stockyards?
From my limited understanding of maximum casualties, im pretty sure u have to kill every mudokon. Hence the category name.
Patience is a virtue.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:53 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Don't they automatically die when you leave the area? Like in first Rupture Farms, he didn't visit the first secret locations, as there was no need for it (they automatically die if not rescued until Stockyards)
Old 10-25-2017, 08:55 AM
Formely Samlaptop95

Samtastic keeps ya spleen toasty (109)Samtastic keeps ya spleen toasty (109)

Yes the Mudokons automatically die when you leave RuptureFarms. That's why I don't kill them. But the folks at TASVideos wants me to see Abe, the character manually kill all the possible Mudokons. This is a glitched run and I use the ledge glitch and the DDG. The one done at the last room of the Scrabanian Temple is super random.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:30 AM
Clakker Store Clerk

Shade667 heeds the wisdom of the storystones (196)Shade667 heeds the wisdom of the storystones (196)

Quote:
Don't they automatically die when you leave the area? Like in first Rupture Farms, he didn't visit the first secret locations, as there was no need for it (they automatically die if not rescued until Stockyards)
Yes, but that would just be the any% run then, right?

In Maximum casualties (from my limited understanding) you have to kill every mudokon you can, not just let them die.
Patience is a virtue.

Last edited by Shade667; 10-26-2017 at 02:31 AM.. Reason: I'm retarded.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:52 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade667 View Post
Yes, but that would just be the any% run then, right?
It would, it would also be maximum casualties, right? Would you still get infinite grenades?
Old 10-26-2017, 08:04 PM
Clakker Store Clerk

Quote:
It would, it would also be maximum casualties, right? Would you still get infinite grenades?
I think you have to be the one to kill the mudokons though (I havnt watched the run btw). Im pretty sure thats why its a separate category. At least for all the ones that you can, since there are some mudokons you have to save from behind a wall or something where u cant get to. Theres a trophy in New n Tasty thats similar, where you have to manually kill 99 mudokons. Missing them in a level doesnt count.
Patience is a virtue.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:09 PM
Sewer Sleg

AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)

i think it's all about what number of casualties u see on the stats boards in the game. The first 28 muds are killed by the game and add to that board. That's the exception though, all other possible kills are not done automatically and so must be carried out by the player. I'm doing some guessing here because I'm not too farmiliar woth the run.

It's pretty standard in speedrunning that the category rules, u less specified otherwise, allow glitching. The rules should be laid out properly on the rules page on speedrun.com if anyone wants to know specifically what they are.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:15 AM
Clakker Store Clerk

yeah, usually you have to specify when the run is glitchless, not the other way around.
Patience is a virtue.