Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion > Oddworld Mods & Hacks

Old 01-27-2014, 03:41 AM
Fuzzle

Andress managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (21)
Default New beta stuff

hi everyon, i have much time desappear.
i found in youtube a video that maybe can be a other exoddus protoyfe off exouddus, please check the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkbgHPnWfVQ
appear red background in exoddus gameplay!

Last edited by Andress; 01-27-2014 at 03:43 AM..
Old 01-27-2014, 06:24 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)

Nothing to do with prototypes, my guess is the colour channels in the background images are messed about with. Either whoever put the torrent together altered the images before distributing, or the emulation software is getting channels mixed up when it loads the images.

What do other environments (Necrum, Bonewerkz, Brewery) look like?

Old 01-27-2014, 04:48 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil View Post
Either whoever put the torrent together altered the images before distributing, or the emulation software is getting channels mixed up when it loads the images.
It's been a long time since I played AE, but doesn't the background flash red like that when alarms go off?

Old 01-28-2014, 01:43 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)

Oh, good thought. On Windows the red overlay definitely isn't that strong, I doubt it is on the PlayStation version, but maybe it's some weird rendering thing to do with that. I doubt it, because the alarm red is a simple overlay, whereas this red primarily affects the deep blue background.

Old 02-18-2014, 03:02 AM
Howler Punk

mlg man heeds the wisdom of the storystones (171)mlg man heeds the wisdom of the storystones (171)

It's probably just a buggy MDEC Decoder on the playstation emulator, because only the backgrounds are MDEC encoded, so thats why the backgrounds are red and all the sprites are normal. Definitely not a prototype.