Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

Old 02-04-2015, 11:59 AM
Zappfly

ZuZu managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)
Default ZuZu's Artsies.

Hi, I'm zuzu, I've been a long time fan of oddworld since munch's oddysee. A little while after Oddworld's big return I really got myself back into the lore and basically my obsession with it had begun once again.

Though my main official career that I'm heading for is an engineer of some sort, I do draw and 3d model as a hobby, someday I would like to learn how to animate in both mediums. Most of my work typically involves aliens, or giant bug people. Aesthetic wise I draw heavily obviously from oddworld and other things like half life and bionicle.

I haven't made anything ready to show for 2015 just yet, but I do have some old art I did in 2014 that I'm excited to show you all, I hope you like it.

and finally, last but not at all least one of the drawing I probably put more effort into then most things, I don't like it as much as I did then but it was still an accomplishment for me:

I've improved a lot from these points now with some more refined methods I've been practicing after trial & error, currently I'm revamping some 3d models I did, I might make a little short with them which I'll be happy to show if I do it.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:11 PM
cun't spill

Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)

You have a very surreal art style and I love it. Also, that last drawing gives off such a Half-Life vibe. Reminds me a lot of Xen.

Twitter | Discord: @Crashpunk25

Old 02-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)

Your 3D art looks pretty enough for me not to make fun of you. Welcome to OWF and enjoy your stay!
Old 02-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Zappfly

I will accept that as a compliment, thank you c: I hope I will too.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Sgt. Sideburns

MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)

You should look into Lovecraft, I'm seeing a lot of alien geometries.

Also Mortasheen.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Outlaw Cutter

Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)Job McYossie didn't even know they have a destiny (830)

Weird. Creepy. Grotesque. Wonderful.

Xorlidyr: The tidal waves clean our sins.

My Steam: spiderqueen ;Oddio is the best pun

Old 02-04-2015, 02:55 PM
Zappfly

On lovecraft: some of his creatures indeed interest me, but I can't quite get into his work, it doesn't have quite the right aesthetic that I aim to shoot for, but in terms of inspiration I can imagine some of the artists I'm really into may draw some influence from him one way or another, so if I do draw any lovecraft vibes it's probably through more of a indirect inspiration rather than a direct one.

Actually very funny thing about mortasheen, I've been on bogleech's old forum for a while now, long before I discovered this place in fact. Some commentary by the creator is where I actually got my push to design my aliens as inhuman as I could imagine.

I still have several other designs I'd like to show but I haven't developed them fully yet. I'm trying to aim for at least 6 unique, non humanoid-based species.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)

I really enjoy that 3D renders. The colors are very pleasing and the design is silly, yet endearing. A wonderful art style for a videogame.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:07 AM
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)

I really like your pictures but the style makes me wonder if I'm on acid.

And if not, then why not.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)

These look rude.