Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 12-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Bolamite

Oddio managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (14)

yea steven is what made oddworld great imho. he is retired?
Old 12-08-2017, 11:02 AM
Fuzzle

Yokai keeps ya spleen toasty (129)Yokai keeps ya spleen toasty (129)

Poor Munch...He looks so tortured in that picture. He's got his legs tied up, and syringes are just waiting to stab him in that back as he looks at us with an expression that's pitiful.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:07 AM
Fuzzle

Silver angel managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (43)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoetux View Post
New image, and it's Munch again!

He looks so cool in this concept art, he doesn't even have the innocent aspect we saw in his game. Looks more like a villain actually (but not necessarily), the style in this concept is awesome
Something is dripping from the bulb, and the small black dots below are like flies curling around this liquid. And they eat Munch alive too it seems...
In this context, the laboratory seems to me an even more dirty and nasty place than what we see in the game. Now I want a remake or Munch's Exoddus that will use all these unused ideas.

Last edited by Silver angel; 12-09-2017 at 07:10 AM..
Old 12-09-2017, 07:22 AM
Formerly Scrabtrap(wo)man

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)

This is very Gigeresque, I love it.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Spark Stunk

Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)

New image with an old lovely smile, it's the Greeter this time:

Quote:
-Retrofitied advertisment robots;
-Now just an old rusty bucket of pain & punishiment

Old 12-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Fuzzle

Auriel heeds the wisdom of the storystones (167)Auriel heeds the wisdom of the storystones (167)

Quote:
-Retrofitied advertisment robots;
-Now just an old rusty bucket of pain & punishiment & lipstick
Fixed
Also I hope we get to control them with Munch in a future game
Old 12-11-2017, 06:23 PM
Fuzzle

Yokai keeps ya spleen toasty (129)Yokai keeps ya spleen toasty (129)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoetux View Post
New image with an old lovely smile, it's the Greeter this time:

Good lord, I HATED these things! They were the worst enemy in Exoddus, being the most common and irritating way I'd die. I would ask "what sort of sadistic madman would create such a monstrosity", but they were created by Vykkers, so there ya go.
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM
Spark Stunk

Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)

Today we see Munch again, and he's still monstruos:

It's already obvious he looks like different sharks here.
Quote:
Munch wouldn't have needed the fuzzles at all if we'd stuck with one of these.
He really wouldn't. He would instead eat the fuzzles if he looked like one of these concepts

Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (317)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (317)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (317)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (317)

Owi went with cute and empathetic over intimidating and ferocious, though you can still see some remnants of shark features in the munch we got

Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)

Now that's one tapeworm you definitely wouldn't want in your intestines
Old Today, 05:54 AM
Fuzzle

leocrow managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (36)

@Varrok is there any other kind?

It's so interesting seeing how all these characters evolved, but it would be interesting if they showed some more modern concept art for games they are planning to make now. At least I hope they are planning new stuff, not just returning to the old stuff

Old Today, 06:44 AM
Spark Stunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocrow View Post
It's so interesting seeing how all these characters evolved, but it would be interesting if they showed some more modern concept art for games they are planning to make now. At least I hope they are planning new stuff, not just returning to the old stuff
I think they are planning about new stuff other than Soulstorm, but I don't think they will show us yet. I really hope they release a new art book someday.

Old Today, 11:03 AM
Spark Stunk

For today we learn how Fleeches eat:

This is manly for the animation basically.

(sorry for double post)