Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Non-Oddworld Gaming

Old 05-04-2017, 08:03 PM
Rabid Fuzzle

Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (317)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (317)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (317)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (317)

Playing Rayman origins with the fam, goodtimes

Old 11-21-2017, 09:11 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12776)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12776)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12776)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12776)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12776)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12776)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12776)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12776)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12776)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12776)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (12776)

Reviving for the old man.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:58 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)

Thanks!

Finished LA Noire recently.

The ending was quite abrupt, but I liked it despite this. The game took 30 hours to complete all the cases (including the addon ones) and, unfortunately, there was a moment in the middle of the game when it felt like it was dragging on and on. The feeling vanished closer to the end part of the game.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:53 AM
Necrum Burial Grounds Moderator
Our worst member ever

OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)

So, I've been playing Breath of the Wild since it came out in March, and I have finally (finally) finished everything there is to do in the game (minus 406 Korok seeds because no, there's no way in hell, and I have over 50 more than I needed to upgrade every inventory slot). Every shrine, picture, piece of armor fully upgraded, memory, and quest is done. I feel so.... empty now. So very, very empty. But hey! There's dlc in a few weeks!

Like Domesticated Abuse at https://www.facebook.com/domesticatedabuse!

Old 11-22-2017, 07:01 AM
Super Stingbee

Vanilla ✜ does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OANST View Post
So, I've been playing Breath of the Wild since it came out in March, and I have finally (finally) finished everything there is to do in the game
Been thinking about picking this up, would you say it's worth getting the Switch for?

I've been playing a ton of Shovel Knight recently including it's free dlcs with playable Plague Knight and Specture Knight.
I love this game so much, not just for the gameplay and awesome ost but Plague Knight and his partner Mona are just too perfect, they are both the most adorable, evil cinnamon rolls to ever exist.

Plague Knight love aside, each character you can play as has a very different way of playing, Shovel Knight is rather normal, getting power ups as you go and being able to jump on enemies and hurt them. Plague Knight is rather lose in terms of controls as he can use expolsions from his potions to blast himself round which is the most satisfying thing when you get it just right. Specture Knight is the ultimate edge lord being dressed as the grim reaper, he can run up walls for short time but can't jump very far and doesn't have as many power ups as Plague or Shovel.

Attached is some fan of of Plague Knight and Mona that I simply cannot get enough of.

"Chris: Imagine killing yourself by throwing a gamecube into a bathtub,
that would be such a good way to go.
DingDong: You get transported into Smash Brothers."
We also have an OWF Discord

Last edited by Vanilla ✜; 11-22-2017 at 07:14 AM..
Old 11-22-2017, 07:21 AM
Fuzzle

Vexen is on a roll now (257)Vexen is on a roll now (257)Vexen is on a roll now (257)

My recent adventure in Hearts of Iron IV allows me to do something I’ve always wanted to: assume control of a fascist state and have fun with world borders. Here is the end state:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...AE31D693CB900/

Here’s a quick recap: I assumed the control of Argentina in 1936. My friend, Peru, began influencing my politics and promoting fascism. Within a year, we had a fascist coup. Fascism caused my recruitable population to spike, and I began expanding my war industry to produce multiple artillery divisions, mountain brigades, and light armor divisions so I could invade Chile. However, there is one problem; the United States was guaranteeing the independence of every south American state, so invading chile would make me go to war with the highly industrialized nation that was the US. So, we waited. We watched. We began to promote our fascist ideology in America and planned a coup d’etat in America. We ended up inducing a massive civil war, forever plunging the world into chaos. Picture this: it’s 1940, you are Hitler, you receive word that American insurgents have assumed control of the midwest of the U.S. and wish to join your fascist anti-comnitern pact, so you say yes. This is exactly what happened, and it ended up plunging the U.S. into the conflict about a year before it was actually supposed to happen, while also crippling the nation, and forcing it to constantly fight a large force American fascists hell bent on control (the civil war raged until the end of the game). Now that America was crippled, we focused our sights on expansion of our borders. The creation of a fascist faction, the Latin Axis had occurred, with Peru and Argentina being the first members. Shortly after we gained a casus belli against Chile and subsequently invaded simultaneously. Peru took a main city in the north of Chile, whilst I took Santiago, the capital of Chile. The conflict lasted all of 10-20 days and ended with Chilean capitulation. The states were annexed and given to Argentina. Soon after this, Bolivia had a civil war and fascism won. Brazil had become fascist as well after a long civil war with military support from my nation. These nations would end up joining our latin axis, along with Romania and Spain. After this, I annexed Paraguay and Uruguay creating the Argentina you see on the map. Despite the initial successes of our axis and the crippling of the US, things started going downhill in Europe for Hitler. Hitler was losing territory fast and it was only 1942; the soviets had taken over most of Eastern Europe and some of central Europe and began creeping their way into Berlin. Hitler capitulated early, but remnants of his army remained in Africa, fucking up the colonies established their by European imperialists. Something else noteworthy: Russia had a minor civil war with little support that sprang from seemingly nothing in Stalingrad. An independent Serbian state formed and acted as opposition to the axis, meanwhile, Spain was being invaded by the U.K. while Spain was moving into France and Romania annexed Bulgaria and Greece. Sadly a civil war in Romania ensued and the Romanian fascists suddenly hated us. Meanwhile, the European colonies in South America were annexed by Brazil, and Venezuela joined the allies and began pushing into brazil. Unfortunately there is an abrupt stop in this alternate history, because I stopped playing and went to bed. I am really enjoying this game.

Last edited by Vexen; 11-22-2017 at 07:27 AM..
Old 11-22-2017, 07:33 AM
Our worst member ever

OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16177)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla ✜ View Post
Been thinking about picking this up, would you say it's worth getting the Switch for?

I've been playing a ton of Shovel Knight recently including it's free dlcs with playable Plague Knight and Specture Knight.
I love this game so much, not just for the gameplay and awesome ost but Plague Knight and his partner Mona are just too perfect, they are both the most adorable, evil cinnamon rolls to ever exist.

Plague Knight love aside, each character you can play as has a very different way of playing, Shovel Knight is rather normal, getting power ups as you go and being able to jump on enemies and hurt them. Plague Knight is rather lose in terms of controls as he can use expolsions from his potions to blast himself round which is the most satisfying thing when you get it just right. Specture Knight is the ultimate edge lord being dressed as the grim reaper, he can run up walls for short time but can't jump very far and doesn't have as many power ups as Plague or Shovel.

Attached is some fan of of Plague Knight and Mona that I simply cannot get enough of.

At this point, with Mario, and Splatoon, and Arms, and Zelda all being fantastic games, I would say that you probably can't go wrong getting a Switch. I played Breath of the Wild on WiiU, but I've bought a Switch to give to my daughter for her birthday in a few weeks, and I've bought another Switch to give to my step kids for Christmas. I've played some games on Switch, (courtesy of a guy I work with) and they have been a lot of fun to mess around with.

Shovel Knight is a great game. My daughter plays it a lot, and just loves Plague Knight. I pre-ordered her the three pack of Amiibos that will be out some time next year. It has King Knight, Plague Knight, and Spectre Knight.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:37 AM
Super Stingbee

Quote:
At this point, with Mario, and Splatoon, and Arms, and Zelda all being fantastic games, I would say that you probably can't go wrong getting a Switch. I played Breath of the Wild on WiiU, but I've bought a Switch to give to my daughter for her birthday in a few weeks, and I've bought another Switch to give to my step kids for Christmas. I've played some games on Switch, (courtesy of a guy I work with) and they have been a lot of fun to mess around with.

Shovel Knight is a great game. My daughter plays it a lot, and just loves Plague Knight. I pre-ordered her the three pack of Amiibos that will be out some time next year. It has King Knight, Plague Knight, and Spectre Knight.
I actually totally forgot about Mairo Odysee how ever ever they spelt it, I might look into it next month then when I get some cash, and yeah I wanna get my hands on those Amiibos too. Found a Plague Knight Plush too which is just adorable and some unofficial stuff on redbubble too that's really cool.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:39 AM
Our worst member ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla ✜ View Post
I actually totally forgot about Mairo Odysee how ever ever they spelt it, I might look into it next month then when I get some cash, and yeah I wanna get my hands on those Amiibos too. Found a Plague Knight Plush too which is just adorable and some unofficial stuff on redbubble too that's really cool.
Fangamer.com has a lot of really cool Shovel Knight merch. They're the store for all things Double Fine, and Undertale, and all sorts of other interesting stuff.

I really want their Ness hat from Earthbound.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:49 AM
Super Stingbee

Quote:
Fangamer.com has a lot of really cool Shovel Knight merch. They're the store for all things Double Fine, and Undertale, and all sorts of other interesting stuff.

I really want their Ness hat from Earthbound.
Oh damn I didn't even twig on it was the same site, this is the only site I could find that also has Crypt of the Necrodancer merch which is also fucking sweet.

Old 11-22-2017, 02:07 PM
Fuzzle

Auriel heeds the wisdom of the storystones (167)Auriel heeds the wisdom of the storystones (167)

Just beat Kula World (again), and now playing some Crash.
i really need to start playing stuff that isn't prehistoric one of these days
Old 11-22-2017, 02:20 PM
Bolamite

CravenKnight does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (57)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auriel View Post
Just beat Kula World (again), and now playing some Crash.
i really need to start playing stuff that isn't prehistoric one of these days
oh shit Kula World was one of those games i always wanted as a kid. i only ever had the demo but i'd play it all the time. loved the music.

Old 11-25-2017, 04:32 AM
Formerly Scrabtrap(wo)man

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5689)

Been playing Starcraft 1 to relive my childhood circa 2007, when I first found out about it. Honestly it's pretty fun but the multiplayer is just impossible. I read that the AI cheats so they can just rush you in about three minutes.

Old Today, 12:53 PM
Wolvark Sloghandler

Mr. Bungle is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3539)Mr. Bungle is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3539)Mr. Bungle is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3539)Mr. Bungle is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3539)Mr. Bungle is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3539)Mr. Bungle is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3539)Mr. Bungle is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3539)Mr. Bungle is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3539)Mr. Bungle is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3539)Mr. Bungle is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3539)Mr. Bungle is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3539)

Been playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for months. Picked it up dirt cheap because I thought Civ in space sounded "cool" and "interesting".

I HAD NO IDEA