Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 06-06-2019, 01:33 PM
Thudslug

SoulStorm64 keeps ya spleen toasty (104)SoulStorm64 keeps ya spleen toasty (104)
Default Lorne Lanning Soulstorm Electric Playground Interview

New interview Just posted on the Electric Playground Youtube Page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxqZwK_giM0

Old 06-06-2019, 02:36 PM
Zappfly

moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)

Lorne called Soul Storm the second part of the Quintology (still a stupid word), but I thought traditionally he considered Exoddus to be a spin off and not part of the main series.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:50 PM
Thudslug

Nemin heeds the wisdom of the storystones (199)Nemin heeds the wisdom of the storystones (199)

That's true, but SS is not simply an AE remake. He also said that the Quintology is now about Abe.

https://oddwords.hu - My essays and other Oddworld-related content.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:08 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)

The Quintology is whatever you want it to be

Old 06-07-2019, 06:02 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)

The Quintology is the friends we made along the way.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:36 AM
Outlaw Mortar

Abeguy is on a roll now (260)Abeguy is on a roll now (260)Abeguy is on a roll now (260)

The Quintology was inside you, the whole time.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:47 AM
Boombat

Auriel is on a roll now (264)Auriel is on a roll now (264)Auriel is on a roll now (264)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemin View Post
He also said that the Quintology is now about Abe.
That's...worrying.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:07 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)

I think the idea is that he's trying to tell the same larger story about Mudos, but without adding extra heros along the way. So I'm guessing in Soulstorm we're gonna be seeing about Maggie and Sam and hints towards Maggie's grandma with Gorman Disenza.

Is there anything in this video worth watching it for?

Old 06-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Thudslug

Nemin heeds the wisdom of the storystones (199)Nemin heeds the wisdom of the storystones (199)

I'd say no and neither in the other video. He's just repeating shit we've already heard many times. Disappointing, but not surprising.

https://oddwords.hu - My essays and other Oddworld-related content.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:08 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3709)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemin View Post
Disappointing, but not surprising.
Well what did you expect? That's basically the company's tagline at this point.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:15 PM
Outlaw Shooter

Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)

He said on Twitter that we'll learn more about Abes stitches in Soulstorm. So if that's still tied in with Sam then Nate may be right.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:31 AM
Boombat

Littleleeroy is on a roll now (269)Littleleeroy is on a roll now (269)Littleleeroy is on a roll now (269)

I hate the camera angle.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:24 PM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)

what in the goddamn hell i thought it was hogshit who the hell does he think he is god damn back in my day you worked for a living god damn it and look at him flouncing around with his luscious hair talking about oddworld like he fucking gives a fuck i tell ya one thing my friend if there ever is a day that my demented pointless mind becomes barely conscious of the things i'm saying i'll tell you this buddy, it won't be today because if we're all going to come down to it it's like we're all part of one big organism you know? we're all just different variations of the same person and if we all hold hands and stand in a circle, maybe we can use the power of love to make the world a happy place or maybe just maybe if we all rub our cocks together we can create a cosmic space baby capable of destroying entire galaxies but ohhhhh noooo, lorne won't allow it the bell end

Last edited by MA; 06-10-2019 at 02:30 PM..
Old 06-11-2019, 10:40 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)

Old 06-12-2019, 05:55 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA View Post
what in the goddamn hell i thought it was hogshit who the hell does he think he is god damn back in my day you worked for a living god damn it and look at him flouncing around with his luscious hair talking about oddworld like he fucking gives a fuck i tell ya one thing my friend if there ever is a day that my demented pointless mind becomes barely conscious of the things i'm saying i'll tell you this buddy, it won't be today because if we're all going to come down to it it's like we're all part of one big organism you know? we're all just different variations of the same person and if we all hold hands and stand in a circle, maybe we can use the power of love to make the world a happy place or maybe just maybe if we all rub our cocks together we can create a cosmic space baby capable of destroying entire galaxies but ohhhhh noooo, lorne won't allow it the bell end
my favourite thing about lorne is that he made my favourite game and i hate it and him

Old 06-12-2019, 06:30 AM
Bolamite

SlashClaw does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (52)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrok View Post
do you have a bigger res of that i want to use it
Old 06-12-2019, 08:06 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7697)

http://www.oocities.org/timessquare/...cters/slig.jpg This + mspaint
Old 06-13-2019, 12:00 AM
Bolamite

SlashClaw does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (52)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrok View Post
well my anti Malware hates that site
Old 06-13-2019, 04:04 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nobody hates Lorne. He is a doofus. People here seriously love jumping to extremes.

E: I take that back. FANDOM MENACE ASSEMBLE! ENGAGE MAXIMUM TOXICITY MODE

Last edited by Nepsotic; 06-13-2019 at 04:09 AM..
Old 06-13-2019, 06:40 AM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9275)

i wasn't jumping to any extremes, i was just making a dumb joke my contrary little friend.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:11 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

No you weren't and I'm not contrary!

Old 06-13-2019, 09:45 AM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

no u!
Old 06-13-2019, 01:33 PM
Rabid Fuzzle

Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)

Kids, stop fighting. The toxic demons aren't going to kill theirselves.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:53 AM
Thudslug

Admiral Zaarin is on a roll now (229)Admiral Zaarin is on a roll now (229)Admiral Zaarin is on a roll now (229)

I don't know if the devs monitor the forums for feedback (and which topic is better to live your feedback in) but I have to say the following. Overall I like the trailers and the gameplay footage but there are so much flashing lights in the environment it's distracting (and it also kind of deminishes the atmosphere). I mean all the neon direction lights going from the levers to the corresponding machinery, the lights at the ledges etc. To me it would've been much better to replace the aforementioned neon lights with colored wires and mark climable and un-climable ledges with paint as it was done in Exoddus. The less bright lightsources - the better. I'd also refrain from using the lightning effect on the teleporter doors but use wires to show where the door takes Abe instead. I see the devs are putting alot of effort in the game but I hope they tone down the visual atmosphere a bit.

Anyway, I'm a long-time fan of Oddworld and look forward to Soulstorm.

Old 06-16-2019, 11:52 PM
Boombat

Littleleeroy is on a roll now (269)Littleleeroy is on a roll now (269)Littleleeroy is on a roll now (269)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Zaarin View Post
Overall I like the trailers and the gameplay footage but there are so much flashing lights in the environment it's distracting (and it also kind of deminishes the atmosphere). I mean all the neon direction lights going from the levers to the corresponding machinery, the lights at the ledges etc.

I see the devs are putting alot of effort in the game but I hope they tone down the visual atmosphere a bit.
I perceive the over-the-top lights and action to be an allegory for current society, full of technology and stimulation. I assume that will be juxtaposed with the other environments, such as Paramonia, to illustrate just how extreme the difference is.

Last edited by Littleleeroy; 06-17-2019 at 02:03 AM..
Old 06-17-2019, 01:59 AM
Oddworld Inhabitant

OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleleeroy View Post
I perceive the over-the-top lights and action as an allegory for current society, full of technology and stimulation. I assume that will be juxtaposed with the other environments, such as Paramonia, to illustrate just how extreme the difference is.
the notion that every level will look exactly the same as comet depot is an odd one, for sure.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:58 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

But the notion that the areas we've already seen look shitty isn't at all odd...

Old 06-17-2019, 06:38 AM
Oddworld Inhabitant

OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepsotic View Post
But the notion that the areas we've already seen look shitty isn't at all odd...
you'll always be my favourite OWF member.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:48 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

It takes a lot to get you to listen
Edit: Sorry, it isn't you who doesn't listen. I know it's not your fault, you always did your best. It's not your fault.

Last edited by Nepsotic; 06-17-2019 at 06:52 AM..
Old 06-17-2019, 07:38 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

Jesus fucking Christ dude do you ever take a day off?