Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

Old 02-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Spark Stunk

GTdragon managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

The only thingI have to offer is when it comes to final inking, TAKE YOUR TIME. It's best if you do your finals in a slow pace ^_^ If you go and do it too fast......you'll make a boo boo. And if some of you that are like me (perfectionalist's) you can't afford to make a small error O.o

Thye only exception on quickness I suggest on quick observation sketches ^_^ then touch it up later on.......that's it I guess..

-GT

Old 02-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)

This topic is still alive? Who pulled the damn thing from the intensive care?!

Hm, guese I'm gonna have to add some more tips soon then .

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 02-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Zappfly

Greeter managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

OH I USE PENS.

Old 02-21-2005, 12:52 PM

Alpha managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

My best tip is to never lean on the page not even when you've finished it gives your pic an authentic look, especiallywhen it's black and white.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Sleg

ANN NEELY managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (14)

Tip #1: Observe EVERYTHING! Take mental notes on fabric folds, shading, lighting, dimensions, etc.

Tip #2: Bored of watching TV? Draw! Whenever you're bored, just take out a scrap of paper and just doodle 'til your hands bleed! If you draw everyday, it makes a HUGE difference!

Old 04-19-2006, 04:27 AM
Chippunk

..::ANDY::.. managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

can I ask a ouestion: How can I shade the material on a baseball cap

Old 04-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Symphonium

used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)

Exactly what do you mean? Shading is pretty uniform for most objects.

Old 04-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)

I think he means on how to shade the fabric and stuff.

It kinda depends on what you're working with. If you mean pencil and stuff, I wouldn't know but google is your friend!

With photoshop or something, it would depend on how realistic you want it. I say again, google is your friend. For very detailed tutorials, always look there first .

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:29 AM
Bayesian Empirimancer

Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8743)

Does anyone have any tips on digitally colouring art? And shading it to look realistic.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Doing digital art, and shading it are two seperate skills all together as far as I'm concerned. Doing digital art by itself isn't hard. Lineart, inking and colouring are very basic things which you can learn in a matter of days.
In a picture, good inking takes long to do. But shading by far takes the longest and is the most anoying if you don't have a good idea of what you want to get. Learning how to shade a picture digitaly is a matter of experimenting and finding the tools you like best for it. I for one shade my pictures, using a new layer, putting in on multiply and using a soft brush. While others have entirely diffrent methods.

So I'd say, google around for some basic tutorials and get the hang of basic colouring first before worieng about shading. You need to crawl before you can walk .

Old 08-25-2006, 04:32 AM
Spark Stunk

Dusan managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

Does anyone do portraits? My question is, is it posible to draw a person's eyes loking at you (try to understand what I typed). I am trying, but I just can't.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Howler Punk

Paramite of War managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (17)

The only thing I can think of is do not be afraid to draw something. Even if you know it will be ugly. Because it may turn out wonderful.

CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK!

Old 11-25-2007, 07:08 AM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9127)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9127)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9127)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9127)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9127)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9127)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9127)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9127)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9127)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9127)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9127)

this may sound ridiculous, but pen shades very well on ink or pencil drawings. if you find a good new pen (biro), you can really manipulate the shading to your liking.

also, with it being pen, it seems more 'realistic' to use for shading than pencil, say. but pen is shit for shading in big area's, as you can see as clear as day where the shading has overlapped.

also good for metallic effects.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Another small tip from uncle Havoc. If you're afraid of a blank piece of paper (not knowing what to draw or where to start or being afraid to fail) try starting by sketching an already existing image (no not by tracing lines you lazy wanker). It won't be perfect but the more you do it the more skill you develop.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (36)

Okay, I need some help making realistic artwork. At the moment I am trying to make multiple portraits of people using small references. These portraits will only include mainly the head, shoulders, and chests. These will be done in black and white on white, sketch paper. Right now I am only using pencil, but I might use other materials. I am doing pretty well so far, but I have some troubles. I will list them, so none of them are lost.

1) Teeth. I can't draw them. How exactly do you draw accurate teeth that don't look like a bunch lines? Also, how do you fit the gums into this? All of my attempts so far make the people look really, really dorky.

2) How exactly would you guys suggest to shade hair? To me, that is a huge issue, as hair seems like the kind of thing that is shaded, not drawn. Would you suggest thin led on pencils, or pens? Also, with some hair, it gets really dark, like really black. This isn't black hair where there is a shine to it, but dark, dark brown hair. How would I shade that? A really really dark shade?

3) Suggestions?

Old 11-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Frosties and Buttsex

T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)

Hey people, I found this really impressive online image editor... It's very similar to photoshop, so if anyone wants to use more than paint, but doesn't have Photoshop, here's a link to try out

http://www.pixlr.com/app/
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

Last edited by T-nex; 11-11-2008 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: Replacing paint with Photoshop
Old 11-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Holy hell, nice. That's indeed very similar. Lacks a lot of the advanced options but enough for some decent colouring.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Sewer Sleg

AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)

Can someone tell me if this looks like who it's supposed to look like, please? If you don't guess who it is then that means it's crap and needs more work :d Any tips are welcome!

(Left to right, in order of progression)
Old 02-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Posts walls of text

Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)

I know who it is, but I may be biased.

Clint Eastwood

twitter (stream of thoughts)
steam (games i never play)

Old 02-11-2011, 05:04 AM
No Artificial Colours

Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5591)

If it wasn't for the hair I'd say James Galway. I, too, am not biased.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:32 PM
I don't even know!

enchilado is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)enchilado is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)enchilado is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)enchilado is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)enchilado is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)enchilado is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)enchilado is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)enchilado is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)enchilado is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)enchilado is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)enchilado is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)

I thought Clint Eastwood as soon as I saw it.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:08 AM
Frosties and Buttsex

T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)T-nex is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3441)

Im in a sharing mood, so I thought Id show you the links that have previously helped me to understand anatomy in humans better amongst other things.

this is an incredibly good tutorial on eyes. After reading it, I tried it out and my eyes became instantly much better than they used to.
http://www.stanprokopenko.com/blog/2009/05/draw-eyes/

Here's a general anatomy article. But its really good cos the illustrations used are simple yet helpful. I also find the writing really understandable.
It's a furry tutorial though, but the thing is.. Its human-anatomy part is really great. I dunno if the furry-part is just as good cos I skipped that.
The article also touches up on the basics of drawing and such.
http://hippie.nu/~unicorn/tut/xhtml/

Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

Last edited by T-nex; 04-04-2011 at 06:21 AM..
Old 02-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Outlaw Sniper

Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)

Casually bumps this thread to share reference material.