Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

Old 04-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)
Default Lovestorm - Oddworld Dating Simulator (cancelled)

Lovestorm - Oddworld Dating Similator

Here's a little game we were working on, since around 2015, until we eventually gave up on it. Well, to say it's but "a little game" would be an understatement as the project turned out to be of much, much larger scale than originally conceived.

The original idea came from one of the JAW employees, who in response to some people on the forums who were concerned about what used to be called "Abe HD", and now is New 'N' Tasty, jokingly replied with something among the lines of "Abe HD is going to be a Dating Simulator with go karts!". Little did they know there was a team trying to make this crazy idea a reality.

Unfortunately, due to the constantly increasing project scale, no consensus on the game's ever-changing direction (for which, I am the one to take the blame), difficulty finding a "full-time" writer, time-issues, and other problems, sadly, the project had been shelved.

What was saved, however, is a couple of tech demos we'd like to present to you. Keep in mind, none of them were made to be seen by the public, so all of them are rough around the edges and we're aware of their shortcomings. We're releasing it because it'd be a shame if the talents of the graphical (Guineapiglet, FennecFyre), writer (Fraki), and music department (Nepsotic) went to waste, unnoticed.

Staff:
Guineapiglet,
Fraki,
FennecFyre,
Nepsotic,
and myself.

Downloads:
(Pick "Lovestorm0.03demo" for the most complete one, but feel free to try the other ones, too, they're different!)
Link here (Windows + Linux)

Lovestorm0.03demo
The final demo made, the most serious (in terms of scale) one, soon after Fraki joined the writing team, around september 2016.

Lovestorm0.01demo
A short test of movable / scrollable camera, also a showcase of Guineapiglet's beautiful bg art of Alf's Rehab & Tea, around june 2016.

Lovestorm0.01demo
Despite the name, it's actually the first tech demo made. May 2016.

Last edited by Varrok; 04-02-2019 at 02:20 PM..
Old 04-02-2019, 12:58 PM
Rabid Fuzzle

Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)

Old 04-02-2019, 02:17 PM
Boombat

SgabbitGabbiar keeps ya spleen toasty (127)SgabbitGabbiar keeps ya spleen toasty (127)

lol, nice demo.

Which software did you use to make this "game" ?
Old 04-02-2019, 02:20 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7711)

It's made with Ren'Py, which is a nice free tool for visual novels, based on Python programming language
Old 04-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Boombat

Littleleeroy is on a roll now (294)Littleleeroy is on a roll now (294)Littleleeroy is on a roll now (294)

Please fix the spelling mistake, the game is literally unplayable.
"Your dumb" needs to be "You're dumb".
Edit: Silly me thought version 1.0 would be the latest, but as your post said, 0.3demo is the latest.

My gosh, that was much longer than I expected. The "could just run off the screen" line cracked me up. I enjoyed the jokes in there, good job xx

Last edited by Littleleeroy; 04-02-2019 at 06:06 PM..
Old 04-02-2019, 09:39 PM
Boombat Seeker

Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)

Wow
It's really something when a group of talented(probably really boredjk ) people from a little nearly dead forum start a fun project. It's a shame yall had to cancel it

Last edited by Gunnr; 04-02-2019 at 09:44 PM..
Old 06-17-2019, 09:37 AM
Zappfly

Syzoth managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

"A dating simulator with Go-karts!"
COUNT ME IN

Old 06-18-2019, 01:38 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Where were you a couple years ago? You could've helped!
Old 06-25-2019, 02:40 PM
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)

Thanks, I hate it.
I'm on my 2nd playthrough