Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Four > Necrum Burial Grounds

Old 01-26-2017, 06:21 AM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)

ADMIN EDIT: In an attempt to separate the speculations on the content of the photo leaked by the clandestine organization known as "Spirit of 1029" and the rest of their codes I'm splitting the original discussion in two separate threads

Old 01-26-2017, 06:23 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)

I'm genuinely starting to think Soulstorm will be entirely black and white haha. Cool! And well done everyone for guessing most aspects of it! Really nice render. Also, there a number or something in the bottom right corner. EDIT: It's 010101BB's name.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:26 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Gunnr is on a roll now (281)Gunnr is on a roll now (281)Gunnr is on a roll now (281)

It's here!!!

Barista cashier: O...k.... $1.85

Last edited by Gunnr; 01-26-2017 at 06:30 AM..
Old 01-26-2017, 06:29 AM
Stingbee

TopHattedTime does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (58)

So there is a Glukkon in that pic!! (Just not where we thought it was lol)

E: Also, the image is so high-res I think my heart might explode SO MUCH DETAIL!!

Last edited by TopHattedTime; 01-26-2017 at 06:31 AM..
Bolamite

Nicky Ali does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (95)

😱
This makes me wonder if they'll go a bit further to give each Mudokon some more visual diversity, rather than all of them looking the same. It's a pretty big undertaking if they do!

Hey you can follow me @TVBubbleButt on Twitter!
And if you really want to, you can follow my art blog on Tumblr (even though I haven't posted anything... yet)

Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3515)

Well, I am not disappointed... and seeing how much I was hyped it's no small feat.

That's a great looking picture and I love what it suggests in terms of the direction they are taking for Soulstorm.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:30 AM
Bolamite

TheParamitePie managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Awesome guys our guesses were pretty accurate! I never saw the Mud at the back though.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:31 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)Connell is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1234)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Well, I am not disappointed... and seeing how much I was hyped it's no small feat.
Agreed. I'm liking what I'm seeing, the atmosphere comes accross well and it's visually great. Looks really crisp and cutting edge. The hype continues. Calling it now Soulstorm will be entirely B&W tho.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:32 AM
Stingbee

TopHattedTime does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connell View Post
Agreed. I'm liking what I'm seeing, the atmosphere comes accross well and it's visually great. Looks really crisp and cutting edge. The hype continues. Calling it now Soulstorm will be entirely B&W tho.

Do you think the line on that photo could be like an old-timey filter to make it look like an old black and white film?
Old 01-26-2017, 06:33 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Gunnr is on a roll now (281)Gunnr is on a roll now (281)Gunnr is on a roll now (281)

A glukk in the back and one, two, three little mudokons carry sacks with their numbers on em

I always wanted to see what the glukkons would look like in SS! I am just lovin' the atmosphere and cant wait to decrypt the nect 4 pic! X)

Last edited by Gunnr; 01-26-2017 at 06:37 AM..
Old 01-26-2017, 06:37 AM
Bolamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connell View Post
Calling it now Soulstorm will be entirely B&W tho.
I doubt it lol. I'm still waiting for a properly coloured pic of Abe so I can change my Avatar 😤

And if you really want to, you can follow my art blog on Tumblr (even though I haven't posted anything... yet)

Old 01-26-2017, 06:39 AM
Fuzzle

Samlaptop95 keeps ya spleen toasty (103)Samlaptop95 keeps ya spleen toasty (103)

it looks like black and white images of Necrum Mines.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:44 AM
Boombat

SligValet does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (79)

Is the picture high res enough to discern what's in the reflection of BB's eyes? Something's very clearly shining through there

Old 01-26-2017, 06:44 AM
Howler Punk

Michael is getting this party started, handsome (474)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (474)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (474)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (474)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (474)

Another observation- going by the facial features, that glukkon doesn't look like Dripik, Aslik or Phleg.

While it's entirely possible its a generic gluk, to me he actually looks like Molluck, especially like his New n Tasty character model.

TopHattedTime, your mention of an old time filter got me thinking. How sure are we this is an Exoddus location? Perhaps the 'old' photo filter is supposed to indicate this happened in the past. Perhaps it's a flashback to RuptureFarms?
Old 01-26-2017, 06:45 AM
Fuzzle

Shade_Meadows managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (21)

YEAH!
We can see that is a (at least i think i see it) in-game render!
and... this Glukkon is no Glulkkon we know so far, he may be only a Wanna-be or it can be Molluck (because it is clearly not one of the four distinct Glukkons from Exoddus)
Super Stingbee

V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)

That Gluk just looks so damn scary. No really, its putting me off. I feel like its eyes watching me. Like a grey peering in from a window at night, malevolent and curious :/

As for the pic entirely its absolutely fantastic.

On a side note, does anyone recall our original reactions to NnT when it was at this stage? We all went nuts over the smallest teases. I dont know how else to word it but seeing as the devs are listening, we do need to be critical, even at this stage. So far though I think this is a great step in the right direction.

#nottryingtosoundlikeadick

Fuzzle

Wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Another observation- going by the facial features, that glukkon doesn't look like Dripik, Aslik or Phleg.

While it's entirely possible its a generic gluk, to me he actually looks like Molluck, especially like his New n Tasty character model.

TopHattedTime, your mention of an old time filter got me thinking. How sure are we this is an Exoddus location? Perhaps the 'old' photo filter is supposed to indicate this happened in the past. Perhaps it's a flashback to RuptureFarms?
WOW!
We commented almost the same, almost the same time, my bad!
i agree!
Old 01-26-2017, 06:50 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)

The bombs are smartly disguised as sleeping bags. I see everything goes just as the Glukkons planned.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:52 AM
Howler Punk

Michael is getting this party started, handsome (474)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (474)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (474)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (474)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (474)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade_Meadows View Post
WOW!
We commented almost the same, almost the same time, my bad!
i agree!
Haha no worries!

Perhaps the black and white photos are to make it harder for us to discern the location, since the levels all have such distinct colour schemes?
Old 01-26-2017, 06:53 AM
Bolamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
These were my first thoughts as well. At second glance, I don't think it is Molluck's model - Molluck had a somewhat pronounced nose-ridge and wider squid head (or whatever we're calling them). So yeah, it's probably just a generic Gluk, which makes sense all things considered.

Last edited by Nicky Ali; 01-26-2017 at 07:27 AM..
Old 01-26-2017, 07:00 AM
Stunk

Kakashi managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)
Question New Glukkon in pic?

Does anyone notice that the Glukkon in the pic does NOT resemble like the Jr Execs, VP Aslek, Gen Dripz, Dir Phleg and the Brewmaster?

At first I thought, Molluck? Then I figured...no way...he got electrocuted...and this Glukk looks a bit different than Molluck...

So I'm wondering, in Soul Storm, are we gonna have a new Glukk Smuck?

Aka Nightfury713 on Twitch, Vakarian on Discord

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...3i2ko1_500.gif

Old 01-26-2017, 07:00 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7450)

I don't find the Glukkon particularily scary. Not scarier than in the first games, at least.

The mudokon looks like an empty shell of a person, which a is far more accurate image (considering the enviroment they live in) than mudokons in the first games, and it's great!

EDIT: I think hope that glukkon is that green-suit Glukkon from AO's intro.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:03 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SligValet View Post
Is the picture high res enough to discern what's in the reflection of BB's eyes? Something's very clearly shining through there

I tried but i don't think so =(

Where are you and what are you looking at 42BB?

Last edited by Gunnr; 01-26-2017 at 07:07 AM..
Old 01-26-2017, 07:03 AM
Stunk

Kakashi managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Does anyone notice that the Glukkon in the pic does NOT resemble like the Jr Execs, VP Aslek, Gen Dripz, Dir Phleg and the Brewmaster?

At first I thought, Molluck? Then I figured...no way...he got electrocuted...and this Glukk looks a bit different than Molluck...

So I'm wondering, in Soul Storm, are we gonna have a new Glukk Smuck?
Other pic I wanted to attach

Aka Nightfury713 on Twitch, Vakarian on Discord

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...3i2ko1_500.gif

Old 01-26-2017, 07:08 AM
Bolamite

Guineapiglet heeds the wisdom of the storystones (180)Guineapiglet heeds the wisdom of the storystones (180)

Nice! The graphics are looking good. I'm excited.

"They are not safe. They are oppressed. [...] We will encourage people to take a stand, we will spread the message and refuse to sit in silence. We will save the Mudokons."
That sounds a bit activist-y :d

Old 01-26-2017, 07:09 AM
Zappfly

emmarose does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (99)

Woah! I did not see that Glukkon being there at all! No wonder there was an X scratched in there on the origional version . The detail is fantastic!

In addition to the numbers, there also seems to be a finger-print on over the lower part of the tailing Mudokon, probably nothing though, perhaps just keeping with the weathered photo effect.

E:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineapiglet View Post

This made me smile so much!

Last edited by emmarose; 01-26-2017 at 07:16 AM..
Old 01-26-2017, 07:13 AM
Bolamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrok View Post
EDIT: I think hope that glukkon is that green-suit Glukkon from AO's intro.

Might be a bit unlikely considering the fact that he blew up at the end of Oddysee

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_O_T View Post
On a side note, does anyone recall our original reactions to NnT when it was at this stage? We all went nuts over the smallest teases. I dont know how else to word it but seeing as the devs are listening, we do need to be critical, even at this stage. So far though I think this is a great step in the right direction.

#nottryingtosoundlikeadick
Oh trust me, when they show gameplay footage I'll be going into full armchair-game designer mode. It's always better to get criticisms out there and heard so the game can be as good as possible before release!

Last edited by Nicky Ali; 01-26-2017 at 07:20 AM..
Old 01-26-2017, 07:13 AM
Bolamite

TheManFromMudos heeds the wisdom of the storystones (156)TheManFromMudos heeds the wisdom of the storystones (156)

A Glukkon supervisor? Now there's something we haven't seen before. And the way he's staring straight out of the screen at you? Pretty unnerving...

Old 01-26-2017, 07:18 AM
Fuzzle

Just a thought... The Black-and-White thing, could mean that this is a flashback? (not likely) but maybe this is before Exoddus, maybe this game starts a little earlier than Exoddus.
This could be the beginning of the slavery OR preparing new Muds for the Necrum mines... which means... ouch
Old 01-26-2017, 07:20 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Which glukkon could this guy be, or is he a new one?