Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 10-28-2007, 07:07 AM
Fuzzle

~^_^~ is sitting tight ’n’ being cool (3)

I prefer 2D, a HELL of a lot. Abes exodus! ^_^

Muwahahahah. Call me T-Kuct! Short for ~^_^~.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:57 AM
Zappfly

moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SligStorm View Post
I personally think AO and AE had better graphics than MO and SW...
How the hell could AO and AE have better graphics than SW?
Old 10-29-2007, 08:12 AM
Mafia, Pizza & Mandolino

abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxCo. Executive View Post
How the hell could AO and AE have better graphics than SW?
In fact, it's impossible. Maybe AE graphic is better than MO (comparing them), but SW's graphic is good, the best of Oddworld games. And SW is a recent game, so it is improved.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Clakker Relic Miner

AlienMagi keeps ya spleen toasty (118)AlienMagi keeps ya spleen toasty (118)

Err sorry dude but I think 3D kicks ass!Why?Yes I like some 2D gamez too but 3D is more like REAL, you see...I have no idea how does the side where is camera in AO and AE look like...I mean in 3D you can look everywhere you please...And I think you like 2D more coz of AO & AE right??If you ask me we all like 3D more...Well however.Each one of us thinks his own way...
Old 10-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)

AleinMagi we mostly all like 3-D it's just that I'm asking about Oddworld games and only them. If I had meant in general I wouldn't have posted here. I hope I havn't misread your post and made this post entirely worthless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Old 10-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Zappfly

moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2085)

You should have said; Do you pefer the 3D or the 2D Oddworld games.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Mafia, Pizza & Mandolino

abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)abe is now! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2375)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxCo. Executive View Post
You should have said; Do you pefer the 3D or the 2D Oddworld games.
You are right, MoxCo. Executive, but I think Oddey meant Oddworld games posting this thread in the "Oddworld Discussion".

Old 10-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (54)

Um. More real?

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/scre...unchs-Oddysee/
http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/scre...unchs-Oddysee/

Sure, Stranger's Wrath wasn't that bad, but still. Compared to this?

http://fairytails.info/ao_walkthru/wpe93.jpg
http://fairytails.info/ao_walkthru/wpe17.jpg
http://fairytails.info/ao_walkthru/wpe73.jpg
http://fairytails.info/ao_walkthru/wpe67.jpg

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

Last edited by skillya_glowi; 10-29-2007 at 12:55 PM..
Old 10-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Zappfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe is now! View Post
You are right, MoxCo. Executive, but I think Oddey meant Oddworld games posting this thread in the "Oddworld Discussion".
I never realy go into sub-forums, I always just click 'New Post'.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:06 AM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)

if you wanna get all 'intellectual', you could say that Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus cannot be rated in graphics form, as everything in them (apart from the movies) is integrated drawings (i think anyway).
Old 11-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Outlaw Sniper

metroixer don't get paid enough for this bullshit (-71)

I prefer the 2-d oddworld games. I love the 3-D ones as well, hell they're right up there, but the first two were really special parts of my past >_>.

AO is like the 3rd game I ever played in America. Somehow I understood it too, this was when I was like 6....
Old 11-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Outlaw Cutter

OddYouko heeds the wisdom of the storystones (166)OddYouko heeds the wisdom of the storystones (166)

2D because I like the way the background looks like the pictures Skillya_glowi posted. And how Abe and the other creatures move. -shrugs-
Sleep well my Abe babe~

April 13th, 2007 - October 14th, 2016

Old 11-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Bayesian Empirimancer

Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8784)

In 2D the designers had a lot more control over what exactly you would see. Precise control, in fact. Of course they are going to look better!

Old 11-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Stingbee

Mistress of Oddworld managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (12)

Most definately 2D. AO and AE gave 2D platformers a whole new meaning I've never seen in a 2D game before. Much better than that Sonic crap. (no offense to sonic fans)
... But the background was 3D, which gave it this really sophisticated feel. Nice.

"...Come with me to the Deep Fry..."

Old 11-21-2007, 05:54 AM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)

i must agree with this (the sonic bit too), and the background artwork was absolutely staggering! and one for every screen! you dont see that on sonic!!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Fuzzle

arkaznor managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (18)

I played SW and MO before I played AO (I still haven't played AE), and I liked the 3-D. But I do like 2-D more than 3-D. But I still thought that 3-D was good, and I really thought that the 3-D oddworld games were fun. (even MO).

Old 11-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Zappfly

Stuv managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

I like both of them. They both have their good qualities and bad. Sometimes 3D lets things be a little too open ended for me.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:46 AM
Zappfly

oddworld king managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

i like the 2-D oddworld games best but its wierd because with other games i would have to say 3-D. maybe its because AO and AE were the first ones i played and when i did first play them when they came out most games were 2-D.