Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 


Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG


Reply
 
Thread Tools
 
  #121  
Old 12-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Oddey's Avatar
Oddey Oddey is offline
Outlaw Bomber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2,162
Blog Entries: 24
Rep Power: 14
Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)
Default

OOC: "Aye!"

At this rate, I think we had ought to do just that. Suspend it for a while, and then hope everyone can come back for more fun. Just do this last hour first.
__________________

...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 12-21-2010, 01:37 PM
MeechMunchie's Avatar
MeechMunchie MeechMunchie is offline
Sgt. Sideburns
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
Posts: 9,738
Blog Entries: 83
Rep Power: 26
MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)
Default

OOC:
Yes please! I think everyone needs a break. I'll be happy to come back, I'm just having a little trouble squeezing between family members to get to the computer

IC:
Chag's head was spinning, all this chaos was going to his head.. he needed space, he needed some calm, he needed to get away. A subway was no place for an ace pilot. He looked down at his allies, they wouldn't miss him. He briefly considered throwing his grenade, but he was barely in the state for that.

[M] Chag dizzily moves to F.

Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 12-21-2010, 02:45 PM
slig# 5719's Avatar
slig# 5719 slig# 5719 is offline
Spark Stunk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Flipped Noodle
Posts: 394
Blog Entries: 4
Rep Power: 11
slig# 5719 does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (64)
Default

OOC:

I agree. I'll be back, I just think we should get our guys through hour 21 and to room F first since it might be difficult to jump right back in at an action scene

Slig# 5719 says "Aye!"
__________________

My DA page.

Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 12-22-2010, 01:23 AM
AlexFili's Avatar
AlexFili AlexFili is offline
Wolvark Shooter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NorthWest of England
Posts: 3,120
Blog Entries: 78
Rep Power: 14
AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)
Default

HOUR TWENTY RESULTS
==================

[E] Furlong heals Kipricat.
[A] Furlong shoots at the Hellhound Kennel with his Arctic Vulture. 4 - Success
Hellhound Kennel: Strong -> Weak
[QH] Furlong shoots at the Hellhound Kennel with his Arctic Vulture. 3 - Success
Hellhound Kennel: Weak -> Malfunctioning
Furlong: +10 XP!


*Objective complete: Disable all of the Kennels*

[A] Randy attacks Hellhound Kennel with a Rocket Launcher. 2 - Miss

[A] Unit 23 stabs the Zombie Big Bro Slig with his Blitzknife. 5 - Success
Zombie Big Bro Slig: Moderately Injured -> Dying
Unit 23: +10 XP!

[QH] Unit 23 stabs the Short Zombie Mudokon with his Blitzknife. 1 - Blitzknife powers down

[A] Kipricat fires at the Hellhound Kennel with his rocket launcher. 5 - Success
Hellhound Kennel: Malfunctioning -> Bust
[QH] Kipricat fires another rocket at the Zombie Big Bro Slig. 3 - Success
Zombie Big Bro Slig: Dying -> Obliterated
Kipricat gets the Overkill Award! +5 XP!

[A] Zalik attacks Hellhound Slog with his Drill. 2 - Zalik hits target due to Weapon Expert
Hellhound Slog: Healthy -> Barely Injured

[M] Chag dizzily moves to F.

[A] Hellhound Slog tries to bite Zalik. 2 - Hellhound Slog misses Zalik.
[A] Short Zombie Mudokon tries to punch Unit 23. 1 - Short Zombie Mudokon punched the wall instead.

OOC: Nobody post any actions until 27/12/2010, thank you. Happy Holidays!


Last edited by AlexFili; 12-28-2010 at 12:33 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 12-27-2010, 03:26 AM
AlexFili's Avatar
AlexFili AlexFili is offline
Wolvark Shooter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NorthWest of England
Posts: 3,120
Blog Entries: 78
Rep Power: 14
AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)
Default

HOUR TWENTY-ONE
===============

Group moving is now in effect. Every character will follow Furlong and automatically move without player intervention.

IC: Furlong felt a tremble beneath his legs. "This place is coming down! Everyone move it!", Furlong ran as fast as he could go to F, where the entrance to the lab was thankfully open. He waited for everyone to get inside then hit the button on the wall to close the door before everyone was crushed under the debris. "Phew we made it, Everyone okay?"

[M] Furlong moves to F. (everyone follows)

Randy gasped as he felt more out of breath than before. Unit 23 shrugged and reloaded his gun.

OOC: Okay everyone, let's kick this up again.

Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 12-27-2010, 03:51 AM
Oddey's Avatar
Oddey Oddey is offline
Outlaw Bomber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2,162
Blog Entries: 24
Rep Power: 14
Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)
Default

IC: Kipricat had been waiting for the order, and dashed off in the direction of F as soon as the words escaped Furlong's mouth. Running faster than he should, he got inside just a bit behind Furlong. Taking a few deep breaths, he rested himself with his hands on his knees. Hoping everyone had made it in, Kipricat continued his panting for another minute. Mumbling something that was probably best left muffled by his stitches, he examined himself for any more physical injuries

[M] Kipricat moves to F
[E] Kipricat does a medical check on himself.
__________________

...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 12-27-2010, 12:21 PM
slig# 5719's Avatar
slig# 5719 slig# 5719 is offline
Spark Stunk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Flipped Noodle
Posts: 394
Blog Entries: 4
Rep Power: 11
slig# 5719 does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (64)
Default

IC:
Zalik pulled his Drill out of the Hellhound Slog and ran after he heard Furlong's order. The ceiling was coming down on top of him and it was only a matter of time before it wasn't the cieling anymore. Zalik pushed himself as hard as he could, he wasn't used to running and he only barely made it through with the others.

When Furlong closed the door behind them Zalik slung himself down against a wall. "That...was...close" he struggled between breaths. His mind wandered back to his Blitzknife, he pulled it out. The weapon wouldn't start so Zalik tried a combination of pressing buttons and smacking the hilt against the wall.

[M] Zalik follows everyone to F
[E] Zalik tries to repair the Blitzknife *Dice Roll*

OOC:
Back at the end of "Hour 20" were Zalik and Unit 23 hurt by the monsters?
__________________

My DA page.

Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 12-28-2010, 01:18 AM
AlexFili's Avatar
AlexFili AlexFili is offline
Wolvark Shooter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NorthWest of England
Posts: 3,120
Blog Entries: 78
Rep Power: 14
AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)
Default

HOUR TWENTY-ONE RESULTS
======================

[M] Furlong moves to F. (everyone follows)

[E] Kipricat does a medical check on himself.
Kipricat: Critically Injured -> Healthy

[E] Zalik tries to repair the Blitzknife. 4 - BlitzKnife is repaired to full working order.

HOUR TWENTY-TWO
===============

F - Lab Facility Entrance
This is the entrance to the Lab. The door is now open and a corridor is visible. Blood stains and limbs are scattered around the walls and floors.


IC: Suddenly a squelching noise is heard as a strange creature moves around the corner. It's dark green ooze slithers around the floor and stops when it senses the team. It forms into a Tall Blob. Another noise is heard as a similar creature forms into a Wide Blob.

"Here we go again, I got the Tall Blob", Furlong says. He picks up his pistol and takes aim. Randy nodded, while Unit 23 ran towards the other one.

[A] Furlong shoots at the Tall Blob with his Arctic Vulture. *DR*
[QH] Furlong shoots at the Tall Blob with his Arctic Vulture. *DR*

[A] Randy attacks Tall Blob with a Rocket Launcher. *DR*

[A] Unit 23 stabs the Wide Blob with his Blitzknife. *DR*
[QH] Unit 23 stabs the Wide Blob with his Blitzknife. *DR*

OOC: Glad to have everyone back!


Last edited by AlexFili; 12-28-2010 at 01:22 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 12-28-2010, 01:29 AM
Oddey's Avatar
Oddey Oddey is offline
Outlaw Bomber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2,162
Blog Entries: 24
Rep Power: 14
Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)
Default

OOC: "Everyone" seems to be just me and slig# 5719...
IC: Kipricat found that he had a couple of cuts and bruises her and there, but nothing very serious. 'Those medical packs sure are effective,' he thought to himself. That was all he had time to think about, because at that moment a sickening squelching noise was heard. It turned out to be two strange blob-like creatures. Making a quick decision, Kipricat fired at the wide blob.

[A] Kipricat fires a rocket at the wide blob
[QH] Kipricat fires another rocket at the wide blob.
__________________

...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 12-28-2010, 05:12 PM
slig# 5719's Avatar
slig# 5719 slig# 5719 is offline
Spark Stunk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Flipped Noodle
Posts: 394
Blog Entries: 4
Rep Power: 11
slig# 5719 does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (64)
Default

IC:
Zalik continued to hit the Blitzknife against the wall when suddenly the weapon sprung back to life. "See, who needs electronic skills? just smack em a few times!" he said to himself with satisfaction. He then noticed his surroundings, he was too tired to notice before but there was blood and body parts all over the place. The shock caused him to jump back up with a yell.

Zalik began to hear a squelching sound originating from a dark green, slimey mass of a creature, followed quickly by another. He ran up to the taller blob, although not expecting it to be very effective, he thrust his Blitzknife into the creature.

[A] Zalik stabs at the Tall Blob with his Blitzknife *Dice Roll*

OOC:
I agree, it looks like it's only the three of us at the moment, STM and MM might come back, but if they don't, bring on the challenges I say!

And if Zalik dies in the process I'll do my best to write up a good scene for him, what more can I offer than that?
__________________

My DA page.

Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 12-29-2010, 03:21 AM
AlexFili's Avatar
AlexFili AlexFili is offline
Wolvark Shooter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NorthWest of England
Posts: 3,120
Blog Entries: 78
Rep Power: 14
AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)
Default

HOUR TWENTY-TWO RESULTS
======================

[A] Furlong shoots at the Tall Blob with his Arctic Vulture. 3 - The bullet disrupts the flesh of the creature.
Tall Blob: Very Healthy -> Barely Injured


[A] Randy attacks Tall Blob with a Rocket Launcher. 2 - Rocket hits the wall instead.

[A] Unit 23 stabs the Wide Blob with his Blitzknife. 6 - Wide Blob takes a lot of damage.
Wide Blob: Very Healthy -> Moderately Injured

[A] Kipricat fires a rocket at the wide blob. 4 - Rocket sinks into the blob and explodes.
Wide Blob: Moderately Injured -> Dying
Kipricat +10 XP!


[A] Zalik stabs at the Tall Blob with his Blitzknife. 4 - Tall Blob takes damage.
Tall Blob: Barely Injured -> Severely Injured

[QH] Furlong shoots at the Tall Blob with his Arctic Vulture. 2 - The bullets miss.

[QH] Unit 23 stabs the Wide Blob with his Blitzknife. 6 - Wide Blob takes a lot of damage.
Wide Blob: Dying -> Obliterated
Two rolls of 6 in a row! Lucky! +5 XP!

[QH] Kipricat fires another rocket at the wide blob. 5 - No target.

Tall Blob attacks Furlong. 5 - Furlong takes damage.
Furlong: Injured -> Critically Injured
Tall Blob attacks Randy. 1 - Tall Blob misses.
Tall Blob attack Kipricat. 3 - Kipricat takes damage.
Kipricat: Healthy -> Injured

HOUR TWENTY-THREE
================

The Wide Blob sunk to the ground as it attempted to reform itself. Everytime it tried, it just squelched and lay on the floor, unable to move. Finally it was totally beaten and shrivled up and then stopped moving. One blob was down, another was yet to be beaten.

IC: Furlong yells, "Attack!" Randy and Unit 23 charged alongside him.

[E] Furlong heals himself.
Furlong: Critically Injured -> Healthy
[A] Furlong shoots at the Tall Blob with his Arctic Vulture. *DR*
[QH] Furlong shoots at the Tall Blob with his Arctic Vulture. *DR*

[A] Randy attacks Tall Blob with a Rocket Launcher. *DR*

[A] Unit 23 stabs the Tall Blob with his Blitzknife. *DR*
[QH] Unit 23 stabs the Tall Blob with his Blitzknife. *DR*

OOC: Only a few more days left. Don't worry, I don't plan on killing any characters (on purpose).


Last edited by AlexFili; 12-29-2010 at 03:25 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 12-29-2010, 03:32 AM
Oddey's Avatar
Oddey Oddey is offline
Outlaw Bomber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2,162
Blog Entries: 24
Rep Power: 14
Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)
Default

OOC: I am fairly certain Kip picked up a chainsaw somewhere, but if he did not, just pretend it's his SMG.
IC: Deciding it might be a waste of his valuable rockets to shoot at the tall blob, which everyone was already shooting at, he stowed it away, and replaced it with a chainsaw. Darting forward, he slashed at the tall blob twice, before retreating almost instantly.

[A] Kipricat slashes the tall blob with his chainsaw
[QH] Kipricat slashes the tall blob with his chainsaw
__________________

...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 PM
MeechMunchie's Avatar
MeechMunchie MeechMunchie is offline
Sgt. Sideburns
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
Posts: 9,738
Blog Entries: 83
Rep Power: 26
MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)
Default

OOC:
It's not fair of me to keep everyone guessing like this, so I'll get Chag to meet a suitably grizzly end. Really, I'd just been putting it off since last year...

IC:
Chag had basically dragged himself through the last few areas, and he was becoming more and more exhausted. Somehow he felt weaker. Despite the shouting voices and gunfire around him, he barely felt able to keep conscious...

He drifted slowly, landing roughly on the rubble-stewn floor, as his vision wavered in and out...

His arm was going numb...

A distance in front of him, some things were crawling and slithering towards him...

He felt like he was going to be sick...

He weakly raised his arm, and struggled to focus his cloudy vision on the tentacle scar on his wrist...

The knitted green skin was darkening...

The wound was growing...

The grey-green infection spread down his arm...

He could tell by the way the flesh sagged that the bones inside had torn loose...

The deathly colour flowed across his shoulder, up his chest, around his head...

His heart was beating so hard it felt like it was going to burst...

The necrotic green crept across his face...

"This is my end. My final thoughts. To become what I hate.

Well, there goes my retirement."

Dying, stupefying, decomposing...

Chag's heart stopped.

His eyes clouded white and glazed over. The creature that had once been a Slig rose slowly into the air, fixing his sightless glare on those who had abandoned him.

OOC:
Alex, you can introduce me as a special enemy if you want to give Chag a good send-off, otherwise I'll just say good luck! I'll keep reading.


Last edited by MeechMunchie; 12-30-2010 at 04:53 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 12-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Oddey's Avatar
Oddey Oddey is offline
Outlaw Bomber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2,162
Blog Entries: 24
Rep Power: 14
Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)
Default

OOC: Shame... Perhaps we ought to close on up now? I like Kip too much to personally kill him off.
__________________

...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 12-29-2010, 03:35 PM
slig# 5719's Avatar
slig# 5719 slig# 5719 is offline
Spark Stunk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Flipped Noodle
Posts: 394
Blog Entries: 4
Rep Power: 11
slig# 5719 does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (64)
Default

OOC:
We can't give up now, we're so close to the end

IC:
Zalik stabbed straight into the blob, his attack was more effective than he expected. "It seems this thing's back to it's old self" he chuckled and jumped back as the blob shuffled around, hitting a couple of other guys.

Zalik ran foward with the others when Furlong issued the charge and swung his Blitzknife. Trying his best not to swing too hard and accidentily hit 23 or Kipricat.

[A] Zalik attacks Tall Blob with his Blitzknife *Dice Roll*
__________________

My DA page.

Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 12-30-2010, 01:00 AM
AlexFili's Avatar
AlexFili AlexFili is offline
Wolvark Shooter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NorthWest of England
Posts: 3,120
Blog Entries: 78
Rep Power: 14
AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)
Default

HOUR TWENTY-THREE RESULTS
========================

[E] Furlong heals himself.
Furlong: Critically Injured -> Healthy

[A] Furlong shoots at the Tall Blob with his Arctic Vulture. 3 - Bullets hit the target
Tall Blob: Severely Injured -> Dead
Furlong: +10 XP!


[A] Randy attacks Tall Blob with a Rocket Launcher. 2 - Shots miss the target

[A] Unit 23 stabs the Tall Blob with his Blitzknife. 1 - Blitzknife light goes out. Requires repair

[A] Kipricat slashes the tall blob with his chainsaw. 4 - Kipricat slices through the membrane
Tall Blob: Dead -> Obliterated

[E] Chag has a little problem with his ticker.

[A] Zalik attacks Tall Blob with his Blitzknife. 5 - No target

[QH] Furlong shoots at the Tall Blob with his Arctic Vulture. 3 - No target

[QH] Unit 23 stabs the Tall Blob with his Blitzknife. 5 - No target

[QH] Kipricat slashes the tall blob with his chainsaw. 2 - Kipricat misses

HOUR TWENTY-FOUR
===============

Furlong watched the Tall Blob sink to the floor and started to cheer. He looked around to see the rest of the group. They had grown stronger and more independant. His leadership had lead them to another successful mission. Now there was just one more thing they had to do. "Come on Chag, let's...", but his conversation was cut short. He looked around at Chag and noticed that Chag had stopped moving. "Chag?", he then watched as Chag began to shiver, fall to the ground and then make muffled noises of pain. Chag was dying. "Chag? What happened? CHAG! CHAAAAAAAAAAG!" Furlong ran over to Chag as quickly as he could. "SOMEONE USE A MEDICAL KIT ON HIM QUICK!", he yelled. He began the first motions of CPR. "You're not going to die Chag, you can't die... not yet..."

Randy nervously approached Chag and used a Medical Kit on him. 'Chag, chag...' he mumbled. Unit 23 couldn't watch. He turned away and kept an eye out for potential threats.

[E] Furlong tries everything in his power to save Chag
[E] Randy uses a Medical Kit on Chag
[E] Unit 23 keeps a look out for enemies.

Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 12-30-2010, 03:33 AM
Oddey's Avatar
Oddey Oddey is offline
Outlaw Bomber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2,162
Blog Entries: 24
Rep Power: 14
Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)
Default

IC: Kipricat had never really noticed Chag,but he remembered his name. He knew him... Kind of. But there was no time for trying to remember who someone was. They needed all the help they could get, and Chag was help. But before he could help them, they'd have to help him. Kipricat searched himself for a medical kit.

(If Kipricat has a medical kit, take following actions)

He found he had one. A bit squshed, but it would do. Unpacking it and using everything he could get his hands on, he hoped he was using it correctly.
[E] Kip uses a medical kit on Chag.

(If Kipricat has no medical kit, take following actions)

Kipricat's stomach lurched as he found he had no medical kit. All he could do was stand by and watch, like an idiot. At least Randy had kept one. Shifting his weight from one leg to the other, he waited with anxiety building up.
__________________

...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!


Last edited by Oddey; 12-30-2010 at 03:35 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 12-30-2010, 04:55 AM
MeechMunchie's Avatar
MeechMunchie MeechMunchie is offline
Sgt. Sideburns
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
Posts: 9,738
Blog Entries: 83
Rep Power: 26
MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)
Default

OOC:
I'll post at the end of the round, or beginning of the next one.

Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 12-30-2010, 09:40 AM
slig# 5719's Avatar
slig# 5719 slig# 5719 is offline
Spark Stunk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Flipped Noodle
Posts: 394
Blog Entries: 4
Rep Power: 11
slig# 5719 does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (64)
Default

IC:
Zalik tried his best not to panic, he had no idea what to do in this situation and no items that could help Chag. Although he didn't know Chag he was part of the team and he wanted to help in some way. Zalik looked around the room and saw most of the group around Chag, he had no medical training and 23 was already on the look out for enemies.

To Zalik's mind there was only one other thing that could be of use to the group: Supplies. He quickly began to rummage around looking for any items he could find. The limbs lying around didn't aid his search or make him feel any better but while they were living the dead may have had some usefull items.

[E] Zalik searches F for items
__________________

My DA page.

Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 12-31-2010, 02:10 AM
AlexFili's Avatar
AlexFili AlexFili is offline
Wolvark Shooter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NorthWest of England
Posts: 3,120
Blog Entries: 78
Rep Power: 14
AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)
Default

HOUR TWENTY-FOUR RESULTS
========================

[E] Furlong tries everything in his power to save Chag
[E] Randy uses a Medical Kit on Chag
[E] Unit 23 keeps a look out for enemies.
Note: I wouldn't recommend using multiple medical kits in one turn. It might be too much for the body to handle.
[E] Zalik searches F for items. 4 - Found two items: Chainsaw, Sentry Turret
[Too many items [6]: Need to discard some] Recommendation: Drop Drill, Place Sentry Turret on the ground.


HOUR TWENTY-FIVE
================

[M] The group moves to G

G - Main Lab
Along the corridor the main laboratory is here. Who knows what horrors have been lurking in here. Six computers are blinking on and off.


Furlong looked around the room. "These lab machines have got to go. I have a feeling all the problems started here. Everyone pick a different machine and shoot it", he took up his pistol and started shooting the machines. Randy held his Rocket Launcher and fired. Unit 23 looked around, he was sure that something was watching them.

[E] Furlong downloads all the information onto a pendrive.
[A] Furlong shoots at Lab Machine 1 with his Arctic Vulture. *DR*
[A] Furlong shoots at Lab Machine 6 with his Arctic Vulture. *DR*
[A] Randy attacks Lab Machine 4 with a Rocket Launcher. *DR*
[A] Unit 23 stabs Lab Machine 3 with his Blitzknife. *DR*


Last edited by AlexFili; 01-01-2011 at 02:41 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 12-31-2010, 06:16 AM
MeechMunchie's Avatar
MeechMunchie MeechMunchie is offline
Sgt. Sideburns
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
Posts: 9,738
Blog Entries: 83
Rep Power: 26
MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14278)
Default

IC:
Chag shuddered as the flow of searing hot stimulants coursed through his body. He had been saved from undeath... just.
"Thanks, guys. *Cough*"
He tried to start up his body, and managed to follow the group into the next room before stopping to clear his head.

Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 12-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Oddey's Avatar
Oddey Oddey is offline
Outlaw Bomber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2,162
Blog Entries: 24
Rep Power: 14
Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)
Default

IC: Kipricat merrily hacked away at a computer with his chainsaw. Now they were safe. Even if this place was a bit creepy... There could not possibly be anything left.

'And everyone is alive and ay-ok! Maybe we'll get through this after all! I should really get to know the rest of the team if we do,' he thought. Switching back into "kill all things beeping" mode, he sprinted for another computer to plunge his chainsaw into, feeling giddy with destruction.

[A] Kipricat attacks Lab Machine 5
[QH] Kipricat attacks Lab Machine 2
__________________

...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 12-31-2010, 05:52 PM
slig# 5719's Avatar
slig# 5719 slig# 5719 is offline
Spark Stunk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Flipped Noodle
Posts: 394
Blog Entries: 4
Rep Power: 11
slig# 5719 does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (64)
Default

IC:
Zalik rummaged through the hallway as the others were tending to Chag. Under the limbs and other unidentifiable body parts he found a chainsaw and a sentry turret. He was slightly disappointed that none of these were helpfull to the others but he could definately use the chainsaw, it would be much easier to fight with than a drill.

Zalik took the chainsaw and placed his trusty drill on the floor, he was slightly reluctant to leave the drill there, it had seen him through a couple of tight spots. He also left the sentry turret where it was, he had no idea how to use it and the group was beginning to leave.

Zalik was relieved when he noticed Chag was up and about again and joined the others in destroying the lab machines. Before he started to attack the machines he did wonder why everybody was so desperate to destroy the machines, after all they might have been able to find out what was going on through those machines. The thought didn't last long though and he promptly joined the others in the destruction.

[E] Zalik picks up the Chainsaw and leaves the Drill and Sentry Turret

[A] Zalik attacks Lab Machine 6 with his Blitzknife *Dice Roll*
__________________

My DA page.


Last edited by slig# 5719; 12-31-2010 at 06:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 01-01-2011, 02:57 AM
AlexFili's Avatar
AlexFili AlexFili is offline
Wolvark Shooter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NorthWest of England
Posts: 3,120
Blog Entries: 78
Rep Power: 14
AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)
Default

HOUR TWENTY-FIVE RESULTS
========================
[E] Furlong downloads all the information onto a pendrive.
[A] Furlong shoots at Lab Machine 1 with his Arctic Vulture. 5 - Machine takes damage
Lab Machine 1: Weak -> Malfunctioning
Furlong: +10 XP!

Furlong has reached level 3!

[A] Randy attacks Lab Machine 4 with a Rocket Launcher. 6 - Machine takes damage
Lab Machine 4: Weak -> Broken
Randy: +10 XP!


[A] Unit 23 stabs Lab Machine 3 with his Blitzknife. 5 - Machine takes damage
Lab Machine 3: Weak -> Malfunctioning
Unit 23: +10 XP!


[A] Kipricat attacks Lab Machine 5 with a Chainsaw. 6 - Machine takes damage
Lab Machine 3: Weak -> Malfunctioning
Kipricat: +10 XP!


[E] Zalik picks up the Chainsaw and leaves the Drill and Sentry Turret.
[A] Zalik attacks Lab Machine 6 with his Blitzknife. 2 - Zalik hits the target (Weapons Expert)
Lab Machine 6: Weak -> Malfunctioning
Zalik: +10 XP!


[QH] Kipricat attacks Lab Machine 2 with a Chainsaw. 5 - Machine takes damage.
Lab Machine 2: Weak -> Malfunctioning
Kipricat: +10 XP!

Kipricat has reached level 3!

[QH] Furlong shoots at Lab Machine 6 with his Arctic Vulture. 3 - Machine takes damage
Lab Machine 6: Malfunctioning -> Broken

All Lab Machines have been destroyed. Objective complete!
All objectives are complete. You must now leave the mission area.


[A GREAT EVIL HAS BEEN AWAKENED]

HOUR TWENTY-SIX
===============

IC: They had done it. Their mission was completed, but not without cost. The brave engineer Yuv had tragically lost his life, his friends would never see him again. There had been injuries and near misses for the rest of the group. But the mission had been accomplished and most of the team made it this far alive. Time to head home.

Furlong smiled. "That's it, mission complete. All that's left is to leave on the train... What station is it..." He rummaged around for a map of the train lines. "Aha, it's Delta Subway Line" (H) Furlong took one step before realising that something was wrong. Six green lights which had been on before had now turned to red as each Lab Machine was destroyed. When the last one turned red, an unlocking noise was heard as a metal door opened from right to left. *I just had to escape, I just had to be free* A black slimy tentacle held the edge of the doorway and out came the most sickening sight imaginable.

*Coin-Flip for all characters with a Fear of Monsters: Nobody*

The creature made a light chirping noise, but that was nothing compared to the noise of the slime touching the laboratory floor. It stretched it's tentacles to the ceiling. Furlong yelled "Shoot the tentacles!" Randy and Unit 23 attacked the creature.

[E] Furlong tries to get the Sentry Turret to work. *DR*
[A] Furlong shoots at the Left Tentacles with his Arctic Vulture. *DR*
[A] Furlong shoots at the Left Tentacles with his Arctic Vulture. *DR*
[A] Randy attacks the Right Tentacles with a Rocket Launcher. *DR*
[A] Unit 23 stabs the Right Tentacles with his Blitzknife. *DR*


Last edited by AlexFili; 01-01-2011 at 03:07 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 01-01-2011, 06:04 AM
Oddey's Avatar
Oddey Oddey is offline
Outlaw Bomber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2,162
Blog Entries: 24
Rep Power: 14
Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)
Default

IC: Kipricat smiled in satisfaction. They were almost out of here. Just a nice quiet train ride home now. His joy was short lived. Something big and black was making it's way over. Something... Tentacly. Kipricat would have panicked, but most people who have a rocket launcher feel a lot less fear. Grabbing it, he fired twice at each tentacle, hoping that would be enough.

[A] Kipricat fires a rocket at the left tentacles
[QH] Kipricat fires a rocket at the right tentacles.
__________________

...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 01-01-2011, 08:32 AM
slig# 5719's Avatar
slig# 5719 slig# 5719 is offline
Spark Stunk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Flipped Noodle
Posts: 394
Blog Entries: 4
Rep Power: 11
slig# 5719 does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (64)
Default

IC:
Zalik swung at the machine, although his swing was off he was able to pull from his past experiences of wielding the Blitzknife and managed to alter his stance and alter his stance. He slashed through the machine with little trouble and the green light on the wall above switched to red.

Zalik was slightly relieved when Furlong announced the mission completed. They had been underground for so long that Zalik had no idea how much time had passed above. He then heard the metal door opening and what seemed to be a voice, or maybe it was just his imagination.

As the tentacles rose up Zalik knew this creature was nothing like what they had fought before. Having no ranged weapons except maybe throwing the mine, Zalik's only form of fighting was up close. He saw Unit 23 taking the tentacles on the right and the others using some kind of ranged weapon, which left him with space to attack tentacles on the left.

[A] Zalik slashes at the Left Tentacles with his Blitzknife *Dice Roll*
__________________

My DA page.

Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 01-02-2011, 02:44 AM
AlexFili's Avatar
AlexFili AlexFili is offline
Wolvark Shooter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NorthWest of England
Posts: 3,120
Blog Entries: 78
Rep Power: 14
AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1258)
Default

HOUR TWENTY-SIX RESULTS
=======================

[A] The Creeper tries to attack Chag with his Left Tentacles. 2 - Target missed.
[A] The Creeper tries to attack Kipricat with his Left Tentacles. 1 - Target missed.
[A] The Creeper tries to attack Zalik with his Left Tentacles. 6 - Zalik is cut badly by the tentacle's claw.
Zalik: Healthy -> Critically Injured

[A] The Creeper tries to attack Randy with his Right Tentacles. 4 - Target takes damage.
Randy: Healthy -> Injured
[A] The Creeper tries to attack Unit 23 with his Right Tentacles. 3 - Target takes damage.
Unit 23: Healthy -> Injured
[A] The Creeper tries to attack Furlong with his Right Tentacles. 3 - Target takes damage.
Furlong: Healthy -> Injured

[E] Furlong tries to get the Sentry Turret to work. 4 - Sentry Turret successfully activated.
Sentry Turret Bravo is booting up...
[A] Furlong shoots at the Left Tentacles with his Arctic Vulture. 5 - Target hit.
1 of 3 Left Tentacles destroyed.
[A] Randy attacks the Right Tentacles with a Rocket Launcher. 2 - Target missed.
[A] Unit 23 stabs the Right Tentacles with his Blitzknife. 3 - Target takes damage.
1 of 3 Right Tentacles destroyed.
[A] Kipricat fires a rocket at the left tentacles. 5 - Target takes damage.
2 of 3 Left Tentacles destroyed.
[A] Zalik slashes at the Left Tentacles with his Blitzknife. 4 - Target takes damage.
3 of 3 Left Tentacles destroyed. All Left Tentacles have been destroyed.
Destroy All Left Tentacles Objective Complete! Zalik: +25 XP!
Zalik has reached level 3!
[QH] Furlong shoots at the Left Tentacles with his Arctic Vulture. 3 - No target.
[QH] Kipricat fires a rocket at the right tentacles. 3 - Target takes damage.
2 of 3 Right Tentacles destroyed.

HOUR TWENTY-SEVEN
=================

IC: The Creeper lashed out violently, injuring several members of the team. However they didn't panic and focused on doing as much damage as they could. With Furlong's instruction, the team got rid of all the tentacles on the left, and most of the tentacles on the right side. With most of the tentacles gone, the Creeper would be vulnerable to weapons. "Okay everyone, this is the last assault. Destroy it and we can go home! Everyone on my mark, three, two, one, ATTACK!"

Furlong, Randy and Unit 23 fired at what they hoped would be the final creature they had to face today.

[A] Furlong shoots at Right Tentacles with his Arctic Vulture. *DR*
[QH] Furlong shoots at The Creeper with his Arctic Vulture. *DR*
[E] Unit 23 uses a Medical Kit on Randy.
[A] Unit 23 stabs Right Tentacles with his Blitzknife. *DR*
[E] Randy uses a Medical Kit on Zalik.
[A] Randy attacks The Creeper with a Rocket Launcher. *DR*

[A] Sentry Turret Bravo tries to shoot The Creeper *DR*

OOC: Okay guys, this is it. The final attack. Let's make this a memorable win.


Last edited by AlexFili; 01-03-2011 at 03:38 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 01-02-2011, 03:15 AM
Oddey's Avatar
Oddey Oddey is offline
Outlaw Bomber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2,162
Blog Entries: 24
Rep Power: 14
Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)
Default

IC: Kipricat saw as the foe's tentacles died off one by one. One of them nearly hit him before it fell limp, but Kipricat was for the moment, as healthy as ever. With grim satisfaction, Kipricat took aim and waited for the command to fire. When it came, Kipricat squeezed the trigger twice. Hoping his weapon would hold out just a little bit longer, Kipricat watched as pojectiles and other squad members ran straight at the creature, hoping to take it down. 'This is it. We're getting out of here. Finally, I can take a break from all this,' he thought as his face distorted itself into an intern's smile. For those who do not know, an intern smiling is not a pretty sight.
[A] Kipricat fires a rocket at the Creeper with his rocket launcher.
[QH] Kipricat fires a rocket at the Creeper with his rocket launcher.
__________________

...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 01-02-2011, 04:49 PM
slig# 5719's Avatar
slig# 5719 slig# 5719 is offline
Spark Stunk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Flipped Noodle
Posts: 394
Blog Entries: 4
Rep Power: 11
slig# 5719 does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (64)
Default

IC:
Zalik swung his Blitzknife at the Creeper's tentacles. His weapon sliced through the flesh of one of the tentacles just as it's claws sliced through his. Zalik screached in pain and collapsed onto the floor, his vision began to blur. He put his hand to his wound across his torso, a mixture of his own blood and a glowing black ooze could be seen seeping over his hand. Zalik felt his conciousness fading and his vision left him for a moment but he could hear himself whispering monotonously.

"You.......just......want.....to......be......freeeeee"

Zalik suddenly snapped back to reality, his vision began to clear and he could see Randy standing over him "Th...Thank you" he managed out after a coffing fit. After his coffing and spluttering was over he stood himself up "I should be alright now, those medical kits are amazing!" he said, mainly to reasure himself. The truth however was that he felt different, as if something was gripping his insides. Zalik heard Furlong's order and made a running limp at the Creeper, it was difficult to keep up with the others but he managed slashing at the monstrous being with all his might.

[A] Zalik attacks The Creeper with his Blitzknife *Dice Roll*

OOC:
I hope it's alright if Zalik becomes infected, if I remember correctly Chag was infected by coming into contact with a tentacle so I assumed getting slashed open by one has a similar effect.
__________________

My DA page.

Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 01-03-2011, 12:30 AM
MarsMudoken's Avatar
MarsMudoken MarsMudoken is offline
Sleg
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oddworld Forums, Internet
Posts: 682
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 11
MarsMudoken does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (78)
Default

Aw. I wanted to play. Ah well, that's being a moron for you.

Toodle-o.
__________________
[insert boundless wit here]

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Please note that the Oddworld Forums are not affiliated with Oddworld Inhabitants.