Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

Old 08-16-2016, 04:21 PM
Bola Blast

FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)
Default Wrath of the Wild - SW Fancomic

Though the big dam has been destroyed, Stranger is still determined to find and kill Sekto before the former river baron can do the same to him, while at the same time helping the native Grubb re-establish their place in the Mongo. However, both of these tasks are far, far easier said than done, and the arrival of a renegade from downriver with a ruthless bounty hunter hot on their heels, as well as Strangerís newly-bestowed status as the ultimate trophy hunt, only serve to complicate matters further.

Little project I've started to try and improve my art/storytelling skills, and because SW's lack of a good ending made me go full retard and start trying to brainstorm what happened next. I don't know what kind of schedule updates will come on, but they will come. Probably.

TOC:
I'm gonna link the cover page of each chapter here once I figure out how to do so.

Stand by for the first two pages.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:22 PM
Bola Blast

FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)

Old 08-16-2016, 04:25 PM
Bola Blast

Old 08-17-2016, 03:09 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)

The prologue image looks quite nice. I'm looking forward to seeing how the story unfolds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Old 08-17-2016, 06:28 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)

You mistyped "splash"
Old 08-17-2016, 09:37 AM
Bola Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrok View Post
You mistyped "splash"
fak u it's onomatopoeia, all the cool comic artists are doing it

Old 08-18-2016, 05:13 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)

You mistyped "fuck you"
Old 08-21-2016, 10:58 AM
Bola Blast

These next few pages actually have light sources, so I can stop straining my eyes for a bit. Yay.

Old 08-21-2016, 12:14 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Can't wait till we get some action!
Old 08-21-2016, 03:01 PM
Bola Blast

Minor hullabaloo coming in about two pages, and a bit after that someone gets jumped by an oktigi. The next chapter will be a little more exciting.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:38 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Thanks for the spoiler!
Old 08-21-2016, 11:21 PM
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)

Is that D. Caste Raider I spy?

Quote:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Old 08-22-2016, 06:02 AM
Thudslug

Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)

And it started like many of the artistic masterpiecces before it, with the words "This sucks" inscribed on its pages.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:33 AM
Bola Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrok View Post
Thanks for the spoiler!
The draft pages I posted in my regular art thread spoiled the first six pages : P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddey View Post
Is that D. Caste Raider I spy?
Yup. Canonically, I'm pretty sure he's dead, but for plot purposes I needed a villain who would be likely to have beef against a certain steef (and Blisterz just wasn't cool enough). So, he survived Stranger's beatdown and the subsequent burning of his base. Barely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexen View Post
And it started like many of the artistic masterpiecces before it, with the words "This sucks" inscribed on its pages.
lel

Old 08-23-2016, 08:54 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)

I guess with SB and Vy gone you're the only remaining good artist on the forum. And it is really good.

I didn't read it because reading is boring but I looked at it and it looks good (y)

Old 08-23-2016, 09:42 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Nep's lying.

He just can't read.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:48 PM
Thudslug

Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)Vexen is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (373)

Then how the fuck did he navigate to this page?

Old 08-24-2016, 04:25 AM
Sleg

FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)FrustratedAssassin has learned amuch throughout their quest (607)

I know nothing about art in general, but IMO this is really good.

Old 08-24-2016, 06:24 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexen View Post
Then how the fuck did he navigate to this page?
He still can write.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:35 PM
Bola Blast

Not much to say with this one aside from "I'm still figuring out how lighting works". And how Outlaw faces work, for that matter.

Old 09-24-2016, 07:27 PM
Bola Blast

Oh hey this thing is still going on.

Raider's pissed. And kinda charred too.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:57 AM
Outlaw Bomber

In the words of Abe: "He was pissed."

It's been a while since I played SW, but I seem to remember him being quite a bit bigger than that though.

Quote:

Old 09-26-2016, 10:40 AM
Bola Blast

Yeah, Raider and some of the outlaw bosses were pretty big, especially compared to the minions. He's lifted the other guy off the ground in the last panel (it'll be much more apparent in the next page) but my grip on perspective isn't perfect, so I can see why it would look wonky.

Edit: Now I'm laughing because I'm picturing a tiny dwarf Raider aggressively waddling towards a guy and trying to grab them by the throat. Fuck I should draw that.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:21 PM
Bola Blast

Jesus man take a chill pill.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:58 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Do you suppose this new scarring will lead to Raider having a dramatic shift of personality, where half the time he's usual old Steef-hating self and the other half he's suddenly as much a tree-hugging happy-go-lucky guy as the next Grubb? Possibly decided by something like... say the flip of a coin?

Also, good on you, I think he looks about the right size now.

Quote:

Old 10-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Bola Blast

I did toy with the idea of brain damage induced by a combination of severe burns and Stranger beating the living shit out of him, but right now he mostly just goes between Mean and Meaner.

Old 10-30-2016, 04:28 PM
Fuzzle

Sybil Ant is on a roll now (271)Sybil Ant is on a roll now (271)Sybil Ant is on a roll now (271)

This is awesome! I need moar!
Old 10-30-2016, 07:35 PM
Bola Blast

Ask and ye shall receive ;D

That's all of the pages from the original teaser, so yaaaay I get to finally move the story forward.

Old 10-31-2016, 01:40 AM
Fuzzle

Sybil Ant is on a roll now (271)Sybil Ant is on a roll now (271)Sybil Ant is on a roll now (271)

ooh I love a good twist in the tale! Keep 'em coming, your art is fab!
Old 10-31-2016, 01:43 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

TROMP TROMP for president