Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 10-02-2017, 07:47 PM
Bolamite

SlashClaw does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (52)
Question Anyone notice something missing in the soulstorm teaser?

it might be me just overthinking it but dose anyone else find it really strange that throughout the Soulstorm teaser there is not a single Slig or Intern anywhere in the whole trailer that i can see everything from arrival though to disposal is being done by just Glukkons and Vykkers, the entire thing feels unnerving to me from what i can gather at a Vykkers lab interns would be tasked with things like disposal of dead experiments but instead a Vykker is personally dealing with each corps themselves.

Then there is the lack of any visible Slig security in a o place which i am guessing is massive where are all the guards there where none during the opening segment when the Mudokons arrive or even later one when they are doing the running test the entire time it's just Glukkons and Vykkers.

Honestly i get the vibe that apart from a handful of scientist and the Glukkon investors/overseers no one even knew that SoulStorm was a thing and hell the Mudokons were carrying their own bodybags.

anyone else feel the same way or am i off base here
Old 10-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Fuzzle

Vykker Lady does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (58)

Perhaps Soulstorm is a very secretive operation? Maybe this one vykker was specially selected to work on the project and is in charge of all these experiments and disposal of the 'failures'.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Thudslug

Nemin is on a roll now (219)Nemin is on a roll now (219)Nemin is on a roll now (219)

There is a Slig in the teaser. Can't link it right now, but he is in the top left corner in of the hamster-wheel scenes.

https://oddwords.hu - My essays and other Oddworld-related content.

Old 10-03-2017, 12:10 AM
Bolamite

Quote:
Perhaps Soulstorm is a very secretive operation? Maybe this one vykker was specially selected to work on the project and is in charge of all these experiments and disposal of the 'failures'.
there are at least two Vykkers working on the project according to the running seen where you can see both looking at monitors
Old 10-03-2017, 01:14 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)

I wouldn't read into it too much, honestly. The teaser, while amazing, still uses many old assets and was put together pretty 'simple'. The Mudokons are all clones of the new Abe model. The Glukkons and the Vykkers still use the old models from previous games. It's entirely possible they didn't put Sligs and Interns in because they felt the models weren't good enough quality or because they simply didn't have a place in the narrative.

Interns were kind of lame anyway, much like anything else MO produced. Not a big loss.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:26 AM
Bolamite

Quote:
I wouldn't read into it too much, honestly. The teaser, while amazing, still uses many old assets and was put together pretty 'simple'. The Mudokons are all clones of the new Abe model. The Glukkons and the Vykkers still use the old models from previous games. It's entirely possible they didn't put Sligs and Interns in because they felt the models weren't good enough quality or because they simply didn't have a place in the narrative.

Interns were kind of lame anyway, much like anything else MO produced. Not a big loss.
you make a good point i guess i didn't consider that they are not in there because it might have been hard to make a model for them that could be considered high enough quality to make it work
Old 10-03-2017, 06:10 AM
Thudslug

Nemin is on a roll now (219)Nemin is on a roll now (219)Nemin is on a roll now (219)

Guys, but there *is* a Slig in the teaser, look top left corner at 0:32 - 0:34. Yes it's blurred, but tell me what else does walk like that? Even the shape is a Slig's.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:54 AM
Stingbee

Oddio managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlashClaw View Post
you make a good point i guess i didn't consider that they are not in there because it might have been hard to make a model for them that could be considered high enough quality to make it work
yeah i agree
Old 10-03-2017, 07:09 AM
Bolamite

TheManFromMudos heeds the wisdom of the storystones (191)TheManFromMudos heeds the wisdom of the storystones (191)

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	14572
0:32 - A Slig.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:14 AM
Stingbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManFromMudos View Post
Attachment 14572
0:32 - A Slig.
it could be anything imho
Old 10-03-2017, 07:19 AM
Bolamite

TheManFromMudos heeds the wisdom of the storystones (191)TheManFromMudos heeds the wisdom of the storystones (191)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddio View Post
it could be anything imho
Nope, definitely a Slig. Watch the video and see it actually moving. This is 100% a Slig.

And I'll eat my hat if proven otherwise...

Old 10-03-2017, 07:22 AM
Stingbee

Quote:
Nope, definitely a Slig. Watch the video and see it actually moving. This is 100% a Slig.
you can't prove it mate. this is speculation at this point.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:40 AM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)

Looks like a Slig to me. Certainly moves like one.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:07 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (808)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (808)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (808)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (808)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (808)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (808)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (808)

I made a gif where the "slig" is to make everyone watch easily:

Edit: made a close up

v- My other places -v

Last edited by Phoetux; 10-03-2017 at 09:14 AM..
Old 10-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Stingbee

oh yeah but it could be a parmite tho because sligs and paramites are related after all.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Thudslug

Where did you get that from?

Also a Paramite has a much different body-shape. This has the shape like a Slig, walks like a Slig and is in a place where a Slig would be.

I think you're just trying to make a pointless argument here mate.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:57 AM
Sniper Wasp

Yokai heeds the wisdom of the storystones (174)Yokai heeds the wisdom of the storystones (174)

Quote:
oh yeah but it could be a parmite tho because sligs and paramites are related after all.
No, it moves bipedal. It's definitely not a paramite. Given the movement and silhouette, I'm 90% sure it's a slig.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:00 AM
Stingbee

theyre related mate.

btw this is the new alf http://www.oddworld.com/wp-content/u...lpaper_Alf.jpg thus the paramites could look totally different too.

yokai yeah 90% not 100%
Old 10-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Thudslug

Please point me to a source which says they are related and then I'll believe you.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:02 AM
Zappfly

Talvy managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (11)

Besides, Paramites wouldn't roam free at laboratories' catwalks, that's where Sligs keep guard - there's no question about it.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Fuzzle

CravenKnight is on a roll now (200)CravenKnight is on a roll now (200)CravenKnight is on a roll now (200)

Quote:
Quote:
theyre related mate.

btw this is the new alf http://www.oddworld.com/wp-content/u...lpaper_Alf.jpg thus the paramites could look totally different too.

yokai yeah 90% not 100%
well i'm convinced. it's a paramite. you guys just don't want to believe.

PARA-MIGHT IS TIGHT
Old 10-03-2017, 11:07 AM
Stingbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talvy View Post
Besides, Paramites wouldn't roam free at laboratories' catwalks, that's where Sligs keep guard - there's no question about it.
paramites could be used as guinea pigs.

thanks craven
Old 10-03-2017, 11:50 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemin View Post
Please point me to a source which says they are related and then I'll believe you.
I think it was mentioned as a 'rumor' on the wiki at some point that Sligs and Paramites were related in some manner because of their similar 'face digits'. Not a shred of evidence to support that, though.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 10-03-2017, 12:17 PM
Fuzzle

CravenKnight is on a roll now (200)CravenKnight is on a roll now (200)CravenKnight is on a roll now (200)

see? even Havoc says its true.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:37 PM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)

Nah, still looks like a Slig to me.

CravenKnight and Oddio please cut the trolling

Old 10-03-2017, 11:09 PM
Oddworld Inhabitant

OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)

it's a Slig.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Bolamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWI_Alex View Post
it's a Slig.
There we go, problem solved. Now let's end this argument, shall we?

Old 10-04-2017, 12:05 AM
Posts walls of text

Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)

Quote:
There we go, problem solved. Now let's end this argument, shall we?
But according to death of the author, we have to disregard any confirmation from OWI and only rely on our own analysis!

I think it’s a fleech, I’ll fight anyone who disagrees!

But more importantly, I wonder if fleeches are going to appear in Soulstorm. Those creeps were scary, but we never saw them again after AE.

twitter (stream of thoughts)
steam (games i never play)

Old 10-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (793)

Also wonder if greeters are gonna make an appearance too. My gut tells me that they won't but I'm kinda hoping they do, since we've also only ever seen them in AE.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13135)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manco View Post
But more importantly, I wonder if fleeches are going to appear in Soulstorm. Those creeps were scary, but we never saw them again after AE.
I shudder to think what they'd look like with the new, more realistic art style.