Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 12-08-2017, 07:47 AM
Stingbee

Oddio managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

yea steven is what made oddworld great imho. he is retired?
Old 12-08-2017, 10:02 AM
Sniper Wasp

Yokai heeds the wisdom of the storystones (174)Yokai heeds the wisdom of the storystones (174)

Poor Munch...He looks so tortured in that picture. He's got his legs tied up, and syringes are just waiting to stab him in that back as he looks at us with an expression that's pitiful.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:07 AM
Fuzzle

Silver angel does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (59)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoetux View Post
New image, and it's Munch again!

He looks so cool in this concept art, he doesn't even have the innocent aspect we saw in his game. Looks more like a villain actually (but not necessarily), the style in this concept is awesome
Something is dripping from the bulb, and the small black dots below are like flies curling around this liquid. And they eat Munch alive too it seems...
In this context, the laboratory seems to me an even more dirty and nasty place than what we see in the game. Now I want a remake or Munch's Exoddus that will use all these unused ideas.

Last edited by Silver angel; 12-09-2017 at 06:10 AM..
Old 12-09-2017, 06:22 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)

This is very Gigeresque, I love it.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:26 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)

New image with an old lovely smile, it's the Greeter this time:

Quote:
-Retrofitied advertisment robots;
-Now just an old rusty bucket of pain & punishiment

Old 12-11-2017, 04:39 PM
Boombat

Auriel is on a roll now (264)Auriel is on a roll now (264)Auriel is on a roll now (264)

Quote:
-Retrofitied advertisment robots;
-Now just an old rusty bucket of pain & punishiment & lipstick
Fixed
Also I hope we get to control them with Munch in a future game
Old 12-11-2017, 05:23 PM
Sniper Wasp

Yokai heeds the wisdom of the storystones (174)Yokai heeds the wisdom of the storystones (174)

Quote:
New image with an old lovely smile, it's the Greeter this time:

Good lord, I HATED these things! They were the worst enemy in Exoddus, being the most common and irritating way I'd die. I would ask "what sort of sadistic madman would create such a monstrosity", but they were created by Vykkers, so there ya go.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:20 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)

Today we see Munch again, and he's still monstruos:

It's already obvious he looks like different sharks here.
Quote:
Munch wouldn't have needed the fuzzles at all if we'd stuck with one of these.
He really wouldn't. He would instead eat the fuzzles if he looked like one of these concepts

Old 12-12-2017, 09:52 AM
Boombat Seeker

Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)

Owi went with cute and empathetic over intimidating and ferocious, though you can still see some remnants of shark features in the munch we got

Old 12-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)

Now that's one tapeworm you definitely wouldn't want in your intestines
Old 12-13-2017, 04:54 AM
Fuzzle

leocrow managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (36)

@Varrok is there any other kind?

It's so interesting seeing how all these characters evolved, but it would be interesting if they showed some more modern concept art for games they are planning to make now. At least I hope they are planning new stuff, not just returning to the old stuff

Old 12-13-2017, 05:44 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocrow View Post
It's so interesting seeing how all these characters evolved, but it would be interesting if they showed some more modern concept art for games they are planning to make now. At least I hope they are planning new stuff, not just returning to the old stuff
I think they are planning about new stuff other than Soulstorm, but I don't think they will show us yet. I really hope they release a new art book someday.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:03 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

For today we learn how Fleeches eat:

This is manly for the animation basically.

(sorry for double post)

Old 12-14-2017, 10:39 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Today's image is a Glukkon Priest:

It's weird yet so nice to see a Glukkon like this. A way to see more Glukkons forgotten past And this artwork is really neat.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:11 PM
Grubb Fisherman

Hulaabeo is on a roll now (225)Hulaabeo is on a roll now (225)Hulaabeo is on a roll now (225)

They call these "lost", though a few of them can be found in the Art Book.

The art of Sam is new to me, though. Cool beans.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:23 PM
Bola Blast

Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulaabeo View Post
They call these "lost", though a few of them can be found in the Art Book.

The art of Sam is new to me, though. Cool beans.
Was going to say, I could swear I'd already seen a number of these! Gluk Priest and a couple Munch concepts I recognised straight away.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:31 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)

Instagram is a terrible way to share images with small text on them.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:04 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)

Quote:
Today's image is a Glukkon Priest:

It's weird yet so nice to see a Glukkon like this. A way to see more Glukkons forgotten past And this artwork is really neat.
It says here that this is a concept for Glukkons back when they were called Ociti. I seem to remember in the art book that they were called Oldgers, am I mis-remembering this?

Also did Steven Olds design whatever the 'oldger' was? I just feel like it would be great if--in a moment of creationary brilliance--he just named them after himself.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:39 AM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3581)

New one:

On the Oddworld Discord people are already calling him "Chubby".

Old 12-15-2017, 05:15 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

hoooooly crap look at him!!!

Old 12-15-2017, 05:18 AM
Boombat Seeker

Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
New one:

On the Oddworld Discord people are already calling him "Chubby".
Yeah he sure does have a lot of meat on him! If they went with this design i can see why the meeches were eaten to extinction first

Also, aw! It looks like he's playing with that ball there

Last edited by Gunnr; 12-15-2017 at 05:21 AM..
Old 12-15-2017, 05:27 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Vanilla ✜ heeds the wisdom of the storystones (153)Vanilla ✜ heeds the wisdom of the storystones (153)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnr View Post
:

Yeah he sure does have a lot of meat on him! If they went with this design i can see why the meeches were eaten to extinction first

Also, aw! It looks like he's playing with that ball there
Turns out these aren't Meeches, the "name" bit is misleading, this lil guy didn't have a name but it has been decided in the discord that his name is Chubby. I've since made him my background cause he's just so freaking cute.

"JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULIAN" - Chris O'neil.

There's also an OWF Discord,
we got mac 'n cheese and chicken nuggets,
join here.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:28 AM
Bola Blast

Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)

Nice! So this guy and the Meech are two halves of a symbiotic creature? That's interesting, if I'm understanding this right. Should we assume they simply coexist in a mutually beneficial way, or take the more literal view that they physically combine to create a Shrykull-esque Meech/"Chubby" hybrid?

Can't quite picture how the latter would work Unless the original design for the Meech was very different to the one we see hinted at in-game

Last edited by Michael; 12-15-2017 at 05:31 AM..
Old 12-15-2017, 05:55 AM
Boombat Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla ✜ View Post
Turns out these aren't Meeches, the "name" bit is misleading, this lil guy didn't have a name but it has been decided in the discord that his name is Chubby. I've since made him my background cause he's just so freaking cute.
Ah i see, then i would like to see these two working together. Like would the meech ride on its back eating scraps while "Chubby" hunts the main prey and protects him? I wonder how they benefit from each other. Id like to see a size comparison of them

Old 12-15-2017, 01:38 PM
Fuzzle

Silver angel does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (59)

This alien and a ball reminds me about ending of one of Men in black movies - where galaxy was in a ball
And why he has nails in his back? Does he has some simbiosis with nails too? XD

Last edited by Silver angel; 12-15-2017 at 01:46 PM..
Old 12-16-2017, 04:13 AM
Bola Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver angel View Post
This alien and a ball reminds me about ending of one of Men in black movies - where galaxy was in a ball
And why he has nails in his back? Does he has some simbiosis with nails too? XD
I was wondering if the nails are a half-assed glukkon way of preventing the symbiosis? He looks to have a kind of channel/opening in his back where perhaps a Meech could interlock (for lack of a better term). Maybe to stop the creatures working together, the gluks nailed the opening shut?
Old 12-16-2017, 04:31 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

This meech symbiotic creature we have here looks similar in style to the Oddworld concept art back from when the game was going to be more tribal/mystical and less industrial. I would have thought the second 'half' of the meech would look quite different to the one we know of from AO, as well.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:12 AM
Fuzzle

CravenKnight is on a roll now (200)CravenKnight is on a roll now (200)CravenKnight is on a roll now (200)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STM View Post
It says here that this is a concept for Glukkons back when they were called Ociti. I seem to remember in the art book that they were called Oldgers, am I mis-remembering this?
i don't have the art book but i remember them being referred to as Oldger too. can't remember where tho.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:10 AM
Sniper Wasp

Old 12-18-2017, 09:53 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Damn, that is a sick sekto! So they really thought of everything