Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 03-15-2018, 02:52 PM
Thudslug

Nemin heeds the wisdom of the storystones (199)Nemin heeds the wisdom of the storystones (199)
Exclamation Soulstorm ARG continues - ORIGINS

Hello everyone!

Today we got a new Tweet from Spirit of 1029:

Following this the logo on 1029.io changed. It now contains more letters than just the word "MAGOG". The following were found as of now: S, I, N, O, R. The community speculates that it stands for "IRONS". Also the page contains a new comment:
"too obvious? i dunno. it's soon though. i can't wait."
After that a member noticed, that the 404 site contained new letters too. These were: N, I, G, I, O, R, S from which the word "ORIGINS" was made. This site contains another new comment:
"me neither. it's going to be great."
The meanings of these comments are currently unknown.

After this we got a second Tweet from SO1029:

Currently this is where we are. OWI_Pete has been teasing that there is still stuff we have to find in "the old puzzles".

I'll keep you updated.

https://oddwords.hu - My essays and other Oddworld-related content.

Last edited by Nemin; 03-15-2018 at 03:05 PM..
Old 03-15-2018, 03:02 PM
Rabid Fuzzle

Vanilla ✜ heeds the wisdom of the storystones (153)Vanilla ✜ heeds the wisdom of the storystones (153)

Don't forget the source code messages

"too obvious? i dunno. it's soon though. i can't wait." Found on the homepage

"me neither. it's going to be great" Found on the 404 error page.

Edit: Ahh you've edited them into the original post

"JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULIAN" - Chris O'neil.

There's also an OWF Discord,
we got mac 'n cheese and chicken nuggets,
join here.

Last edited by Vanilla ✜; 03-15-2018 at 03:08 PM..
Old 03-15-2018, 10:53 PM
Bolamite

TheManFromMudos heeds the wisdom of the storystones (191)TheManFromMudos heeds the wisdom of the storystones (191)

My Odd, I thought I was dreaming for a second. The ARG is back, boys!

Old 03-16-2018, 03:47 AM
Thudslug

Nemin heeds the wisdom of the storystones (199)Nemin heeds the wisdom of the storystones (199)

There is a new channel on the Official Oddworld Discord called "origins":

Currently it doesn't contain anything remarkable.

EDIT: Varrok and I posted some messages there, which were deleted. I assume something big is coming soon.

Last edited by Nemin; 03-16-2018 at 03:53 AM..
Old 03-16-2018, 04:13 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)

This was posted on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialOdd...3699343667065/

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:14 AM
Thudslug

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen.../origins_1.mp4

A video was posted in the channel.

The video contains rapid flickering between this sentence: "EXPLORE HIS ORIGINS" and multiple images depicting AO concept art. There is also a date in it: 2018. 03. 20.

My theory is that the Lost Archives / something else related to AO's behind-the-scenes are going to be released as a documentary/book.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:25 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6036)

I'm guessing it's the next stage in the Instagram/social media uploads; concept art relating to Abe before they nailed down the background story (so we'll probably see him as a fisherman, as a tribal, running around Monsaic etc etc?)

Old 03-16-2018, 05:18 AM
Thudslug

Here are the pictures from the video.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:53 AM
Bolamite

TheManFromMudos heeds the wisdom of the storystones (191)TheManFromMudos heeds the wisdom of the storystones (191)

The way I see it, it must be something big to warrant it's own chat in the Official Oddworld Discord.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:22 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)Phoetux didn't even know they have a destiny (773)

The motherfucking saga continues

Old 03-19-2018, 04:53 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)

In before Soulstorm is being renamed to Abe's Origins

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:08 PM
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)

You guys, it's obviously New N Tasty DLC.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:55 PM
Sniper Wasp

Yokai heeds the wisdom of the storystones (174)Yokai heeds the wisdom of the storystones (174)

Or maybe a new art book?

Or something being done with the Abe's Oddysee source code?
Old 03-19-2018, 02:05 PM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Yes, it's a new art book.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:51 AM
Boombat Seeker

Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)

We will all find out in: Now

: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ame-collection

Also no arg stuff...as far as i see...

unless they put clues in the book? hmmm

Last edited by Gunnr; 03-20-2018 at 08:23 AM..
Old 03-20-2018, 08:40 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

You know, I think the ARG is pretty much over at this point. It led up to the reveal of that teaser at EGX. Seems to me that story 'arc' is pretty much over.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:02 PM
Zappfly

SkullFire58 managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (10)

Sadly, you're may be right. Weren't there supposed to be like 5 or six images to the ARG? Now on the Soulstorm page it only shows the four pics that were discovered and that's it, instead of showing how many more were locked.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:38 AM
Bola Blast

Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnr View Post
unless they put clues in the book? hmmm
The book will have Soulstorm images according to the campaign, however isn't set to be shipped until April 2019. I'd like to think Soulstorm would have released by then!

The book looks great, I've backed the Kickstarter. My only concern is how much of it will be reprinted material from The First Ten Years, and how much will be new material. As we've seen from the Lost Archives, a sizeable amount of artwork was included in the previous book.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:07 PM
Boombat Seeker

Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (398)

We can only hope we see some new stuff, lost archives yeah but also things that owi hasn't yet posted. But having an offical physical collection bound up is still pretty cool, no?

Old 03-22-2018, 01:38 PM
Bola Blast

Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)Michael has learned amuch throughout their quest (531)

The Kickstarter is now successfully funded after 48 hours, £45,000+. Not bad going at all. Stretch goals tba, but all book/game backers will receive all respective stretch goals.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:00 PM
Boombat

Littleleeroy is on a roll now (294)Littleleeroy is on a roll now (294)Littleleeroy is on a roll now (294)

I was frothing when I read it included "original game design documents." I'm so keen for this book.

Quote:
A cache of original art, concept sketches, design documents and level design notes have been recently rediscovered by Oddworld co-founder Lorne Lanning where they have sat untouched for years.
Also of note, est. delivery is April 2019, and as the book contains Soulstorm art, it means the game will be out pretty much within the year!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:45 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
My only concern is how much of it will be reprinted material from The First Ten Years, and how much will be new material. As we've seen from the Lost Archives, a sizeable amount of artwork was included in the previous book.
Also, I assume the Lost Archives are being chosen by the same people who are choosing content for the book, so I'm not really all that sure about their judgement.

And, yes, I know this makes me a super whiny fan. But I want to see interesting new stuff, damnit.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:50 AM
Bola Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Also, I assume the Lost Archives are being chosen by the same people who are choosing content for the book, so I'm not really all that sure about their judgement.

And, yes, I know this makes me a super whiny fan. But I want to see interesting new stuff, damnit.
As far as the online promotion goes, I can totally understand it, in the sense that there are lots of people who haven't seen that artwork before and who might have missed the chance to get The First Ten Years at a reasonable price.

But for this book, I would hope this would be something of a Vol 2, to complement TFTY and continue the tradition, as opposed to being essentially a 90% rerelease. From the sounds of it, there should be sufficient new content and interviews.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:03 PM
Oddworld Inhabitant

OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)

Quote:
This isn't the case.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:52 AM
Outlaw Cutter

Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OWI_Alex View Post
This isn't the case.
If not, then by who?
Old 03-25-2018, 07:13 AM
Oddworld Inhabitant

OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)OWI_Alex is gonna need an ass the size of a truck to fit this rep (1039)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlam View Post
If not, then by who?
Indie by Design are selecting the images for their book. Internal Oddworld publishing are selecting the images for The Lost Archives.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:22 PM
Outlaw Shooter

Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)

Just backed the book yesterday evening - exactly the sort of content I want from Oddworld. Looking forward to it!

Old 03-28-2018, 03:52 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Vanilla ✜ heeds the wisdom of the storystones (153)Vanilla ✜ heeds the wisdom of the storystones (153)

I backed it too, went for the top tier of course. I've gotta say that IndieByDesign have been really good with communication with us through both kickstarter comments and answering questions in the official discord.

"JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULIAN" - Chris O'neil.

There's also an OWF Discord,
we got mac 'n cheese and chicken nuggets,
join here.

Old 04-08-2018, 03:32 PM
Outlaw Flamer

Fuzzle Guy is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2419)Fuzzle Guy is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2419)Fuzzle Guy is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2419)Fuzzle Guy is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2419)Fuzzle Guy is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2419)Fuzzle Guy is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2419)Fuzzle Guy is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2419)Fuzzle Guy is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2419)Fuzzle Guy is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2419)Fuzzle Guy is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2419)Fuzzle Guy is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2419)

I'm very strapped for cash at the moment. Is the book worth owning if I already own and regularly flick through the last art book?

Old 04-08-2018, 10:12 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7708)

Since they say it contains vastly different material, I would assume so