Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion > Oddworld Mods & Hacks

Old 06-23-2016, 09:22 AM
Zappfly

Pellish managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (14)
Default Future possibilities

Hey guys. Here's some work I've done with Photoshop that I wanted to show. I tried to make the levels (including the backgrounds) look as authentic as possible. I would love to make my own level but unfortunately lack any knowledge of the level editor.

I can't wait for Paul's engine reversal to make further progress. Imagine the possibilities we'd be able to have. I've always wanted more Abe/Oddworld games done with the ALIVE engine in 2D. As I can't do much but wait I'll spend the time I have planning and making levels lol. And making soundtracks I guess...

Would the people of this forum be interested in making a fan game if possible with the new engine? If it gets finished that is. That would be amazing. Maybe I'm dreaming too much lol
Old 06-23-2016, 10:10 AM
Riot Slug

Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)Gunnr is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (382)

That looks cool, bruh

Old 06-23-2016, 11:40 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7576)

They look really cool I hope the gameplay will also be great when you get a hold of the editor
Old 06-23-2016, 01:00 PM
Outlaw Sniper

Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)

Nice looking screens, don't forget to make them higher res for the new engine Kill the aliasing!

Crawling sligs will shout "Mommy!" while running around and then the slig mommy will appear and help them put their pants on.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:14 AM
Zappfly

Pellish managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (14)

Thanks for the feedback guys. What are the new dimensions Paul? By the way great job on the engine so far! Really looking forward to a release.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:46 AM
Outlaw Sniper

Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)

There isn't really a limit apart from whatever the max texture size the GPU can handle . So probably 1080p might be better?

Crawling sligs will shout "Mommy!" while running around and then the slig mommy will appear and help them put their pants on.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:43 AM
Chippunk

Sir Daniel Fortesque managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (40)

Awesome! Reminds me alot of Mongo Valley from Stranger's Wrath.. Keep it up!