Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion > Oddworld Mods & Hacks

Old 12-20-2015, 05:06 AM
Bola Blast

WolfensteinOdess does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (78)
Default Abe's Exoddus Necrum Mines map mod

Actual version - Beta v2

Download here

Better to download the game before watching the video because there are spoilers of the secret areas.

Hope you like it !

Old 12-20-2015, 06:04 AM
Outlaw Sniper

Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)

Pretty cool level. I don't like how some stuff seems easy to get stuck though. Say you kill the mudkon that opens the slam door for you with the slig? Otherwise good work!

Crawling sligs will shout "Mommy!" while running around and then the slig mommy will appear and help them put their pants on.

Old 12-20-2015, 06:06 AM
Bola Blast

WolfensteinOdess does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (78)

That's why you ned to make choices ^^ I wanted to make it not too easy but not too hard, otherwise people wouldn't like it
Thank you, I'll post updates here from time to time

Old 12-20-2015, 03:45 PM
Outlaw Sniper

Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)Paul has learned amuch throughout their quest (675)

Hmm I guess, but in the real levels normally there is some "fix" for this like gas comes on or moving bomb appears, or trap door to death etc.

Crawling sligs will shout "Mommy!" while running around and then the slig mommy will appear and help them put their pants on.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:33 AM
Bola Blast

I'll plan to change some things, can you take screenshots of the cams where you can get easily stuck in ?

Old 12-21-2015, 06:26 AM
Outlaw Sniper

6:18 - its possible to move that mud into the other screen before you get there. Then slam door can never be unlocked.

8:00 - use slig to kill mud, slam door can't be unlocked

Old 12-22-2015, 01:37 AM
Bola Blast

6:18 : I'll put 2 uxb to each side of the mud, so he couldn't move, 8:00 maybe I'll replace the slam door with a wall ?

Old 12-22-2015, 01:00 PM
Outlaw Sniper

I think the best way is to trigger something that kills the player so they know its wrong. I dunno if you can trigger a moving bomb to come in or something when abe kills a certain mud or slig?

Reason is that if you use uxb then abe can get mud to follow him into uxb and still die before he gets there. Maybe have another slam door that keeps that mud in the screen? Or dont lock door so they can go back and put him in the screen? I don't know.. I'm not a level designer as you can tell

Old 12-23-2015, 02:06 AM
Bola Blast

The idea of the slam door is not bad, a second slam door which will be open at the same time as the other one, interesting idea !

Also in the section next to the switch for the electric wall I think I'll add one more slig, and one more electric wall I guess, but I will maybe need to add more shadows, I'm still thinking about it

Old 01-09-2016, 04:15 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4109)

Does that level actually play as laggy as it shows in the video?

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Bola Blast

Nope just my computer