How to modify NnT's camera to use Orthographic Projection
A few people from the OWF discord and myself spent a few hours today digging around in NnT's source code and we found a way to disable the dynamic camera and instead use a static one, which is more faithful to AO.
Here are the instructions, how you can do the same:
1. Download dnSpy.
You don't need any of the Unity packages, just the "dnSpy.zip"
2. After unzipping open dnSpy.exe, press File -> Open.
3. Navigate to the Game's folder and then open "NNT_Data/Managed".
4. Select the four "Assembly-" DLL-s.
5. Open "Assembly-CSharp -> Assembly-CSharp.dll -> "-" (the hyphen) -> DynamicCamera".
6. Open the "Awake()" function.
7. Right click -> Edit Method and insert this two lines just below the first one:
Should be mentioned that the perspective will get messed up due to the foreground and background bending. Some particles such as the electric gates and smoke will not render.
Also be warned the game will get trippy every time the camera rotates.
I think it needs clarifying:
The camera in the mod is still dynamical, it follows Abe. It's just that it doesn't rotate in Z axis to keep the 2D view of the scenes. It's not as static as in AO/AE in a way that it quickly switches between "screens" when you reach an edge