Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)

Oh man, we've got two Nepsotics now. It's gonna be hard not to confuse one with another

Keep up the good work with the game!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)

I'd upload the new update as a Birthday present to myself but unfortunately my internet's down, so till it's back up no update. Ahh well, Having no internet encourages me to do some work on it since there's less distractions. Not all bad I guess.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)
Default Slig Suicide: Suicide This

So here we are again. It's always such a pleasure, remember when you tried to kill me precisely 22 times before the levels ran out?

Yup, I've finally got round to updating this to a certain degree of functionality. Sorry for the wait but it's my game I'll do what I want. I've been really busy with Christmas, and family, and other projects that took priority over this. But it's here now, and definitely not forgotten. So here's some changes, eh?

Slig Suicide 0.4_2 Public Release

+ New Music, made especially for the game
+ New levels (More are coming!)
+ HUD
* An improved menu screen
* Game play tweaks
* Level tweaks
Yeah, only two new levels. But the aim of this update was to sort out and clean the engine now that other projects have lead me to be more knowledgeable of correct Coding Grammar. This alone dropped the filesize by over 0.2 MB. I rewrote the way in which levers and other 'activators' worked which consequently lead to a change in level design. Levers are either on or off, Pressure Pads will always needs something above them to be activated - unlike before where some needed something and others didn't.

Anywho, Here's a Download.

Download Here

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you and enjoy!

Old 02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)

I keep winning by pressing R
Old 02-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Boombat

Fred The Fuzzle is on a roll now (218)Fred The Fuzzle is on a roll now (218)Fred The Fuzzle is on a roll now (218)

Just letting you know, Chrome said the file was malicious. Of course it isn't but you may want to look into it.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

I used Crome to download it after i uploaded it to check the link worked, I didn't get any virus warnings.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:53 AM
Boombat

Fred The Fuzzle is on a roll now (218)Fred The Fuzzle is on a roll now (218)Fred The Fuzzle is on a roll now (218)

I'm really enjoying the update, seems more responsive and overall smoother. Could I suggest upping the resolution if possible, it's hard to see on high pixel-density monitors. :S

Old 02-05-2013, 02:06 AM
Zappfly

Millennium managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_dude320 View Post
I used Crome to download it after i uploaded it to check the link worked, I didn't get any virus warnings.
I got a warning from Chrome as well. Of course I still downloaded and played it. It's freaking awesome by the way.

If I can make a suggestion though, try
Code:
xspd += (keyboard_check(vk_right) - keyboard_check(vk_left)) * 5;
x += xspd;
if (abs(xspd) > 0) {image_xscale = sign(xspd);}
Or something along those lines anyway. It should eliminate the odd appearance behaviour when holding left and right at the same time.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:18 AM
No Artificial Colours

Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)

The alternative if you're too lazy to rework your movement logic is to have a flag that checks (vk_right && vk_left) every step and not do anything about moving left or right if it's true.

Last edited by Phylum; 02-05-2013 at 02:23 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 02:47 AM
Wolvark Shooter

AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)AlexFili will be our finest member EVER! (1280)

Great game, I love the music and hey... Jumping sligs!
Got stuck on level 12 because I didn't run under the barrels in time. Ah well.

This is really really good, definitely keep it up, because you're onto a winning formula here. Great gibs too!

Old 02-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
I got a warning from Chrome as well. Of course I still downloaded and played it. It's freaking awesome by the way.
Thanks, glad you like it. I'll try to see what's causing these virus alerts cause I'm kind of OCD with my virus scanning on my laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
If I can make a suggestion though, try
Code:
xspd += (keyboard_check(vk_right) - keyboard_check(vk_left)) * 5;
x += xspd;
if (abs(xspd) > 0) {image_xscale = sign(xspd);}
Or something along those lines anyway. It should eliminate the odd appearance behaviour when holding left and right at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylum View Post
The alternative if you're too lazy to rework your movement logic is to have a flag that checks (vk_right && vk_left) every step and not do anything about moving left or right if it's true.
Thanks, I'll make sure to fix this next update. My platformer engine that I used when I started this was fairly dated but the one I use for me more recent projects actually has a way to fix this error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFili View Post
Great game, I love the music and hey... Jumping sligs!
Got stuck on level 12 because I didn't run under the barrels in time. Ah well.
This is really really good, definitely keep it up, because you're onto a winning formula here. Great gibs too!
Well this Sliggy has hops cause he has hydraulics in his legs. Think the Power Fist from Fallout but on his feet xD
Is level 12 the Combination Lock? if so: Try using the levers in a different order. oh and, Thanks! I'll definitely try to keep it up. Well from the HUD you can see there'll only be 25 levels, but it is by no means the end!

Old 02-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred The Fuzzle View Post
I'm really enjoying the update, seems more responsive and overall smoother. Could I suggest upping the resolution if possible, it's hard to see on high pixel-density monitors. :S
You can press F4 to go into fullscreen mode.

E:sorry for double post

Old 02-05-2013, 10:04 PM
aka OddMan360

RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)

Pressing R on the first level screws you over by the way.