Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 06-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Necrum Burial Grounds Moderator
Our worst member ever

OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)

Eww. You bought Oddworld games? That can't be smart.

My bowels hurt.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:18 AM
Super Stingbee

V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)V_O_T is getting this party started, handsome (451)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OANST View Post
Oddworld fans are by far the worst fans I have ever seen in my life. Keep up the good work, basement dwellers!
Lol I've seen way worse. But we are horribly fantastic.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:01 AM
Clakker Relic Miner

Scrabaniac is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (376)Scrabaniac is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (376)Scrabaniac is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (376)Scrabaniac is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (376)

I'd rather be an oddworld fan than a shitty Halo fan or (god save us) CoD fan! Those fan bases kill brain cells

Old 06-05-2014, 03:29 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OANST View Post
Oddworld fans are by far the worst fans I have ever seen in my life. Keep up the good work, basement dwellers!
I dunno man. After I've seen the swirling cesspool of A Song of Ice and Fire fans all the Oddworld bickering seems incredibly tame.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:08 AM
Sniper Wasp

Pirfsich is on a roll now (266)Pirfsich is on a roll now (266)Pirfsich is on a roll now (266)

Most of us fans are okay.
But please, the UXB press animation in this Indie 9 Video was horrible. You can clearly see Abe's arm would break during this move!...
Old 06-05-2014, 06:54 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dango AGAIN View Post
I hope JAW isn't taking note of any of these things, because then this game is never going to come out.
Yeah, god forbid they spend a little while fixing up small problems as opposed to releasing it straight away and being full of them.

Quote:
If I ever played a video game and actually forgot that this was what I was doing, I'd be very worried about my sanity. Like, is this seriously a thing? Is it common for some people to get so invested in a game's world that they literally forget themselves?
It's called dissociation, google it.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)

This just in: Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty - E3 Trailer 2014 !

E: Posted here before I watched it myself.

EE:Rupturefarms looks beautiful

EEE:The ressurection scene looks beautiful.

EEEE:Hot damn this just looks so beautiful.

Last edited by JayDee; 06-05-2014 at 09:19 AM..
Old 06-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Screaming Bender

Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)Jordan did it, and their Quarma is tops (1975)

Sooooo pretty. Really not sure about that music though, seems very out of place, even for a trailer.

Quite torn with the futuristic looking Rupture Farms. It looks awesome but a very different feel to the original. I'm sure the change is justified though.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Sniper Wasp

Pirfsich is on a roll now (266)Pirfsich is on a roll now (266)Pirfsich is on a roll now (266)

My pants is wet. Everything is wet. Wow, it is perfect!
(Except the glukkon jaw clipping error at 1:02)
lol
JAW, I love you all!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Chippunk

TheMooseLord managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (35)

I dont know why i saw this, but at the 14 sec intro scene with the massive heads, look at the conveyor belt. The boxes just disappear in a really bad looking away.

Great trailer though!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)Connell will be our finest member EVER! (1373)

I was genuinely really digging the music until the voice came in. I'm sure it was lovely for the fan to have her music featured, but it feels so out of place in an Oddworld game. Glad it will only be in the end credits. Oddysee is such a male driven game / has no strong female leads / no women in the game at all, and I think it's just quite weird to hear a female voice like that in such a macho world.

Cardboard glowy Rupture Farms doesn't do justice to the original game either, have to say I'm left with a bitter taste in my mouth after watching this trailer.

At least Playstation Access are "excited".

Also, they should have added a quote to the trailer saying "Abe's toes aren't blue enough" - Oddworld Forums.

Last edited by Connell; 06-05-2014 at 09:36 AM..
Old 06-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Fuzzle

Oziah keeps ya spleen toasty (103)Oziah keeps ya spleen toasty (103)

Central hub of RuptureFarms looks weird! Not fearsome and dark like in the original. All the glowing and that...it looks too Sci-Fi I think. Aways loved how the exterior of the factory looked in Oddysee and I had sort of assumed they wouldn't do anything to change its design

Much of the other stuff looks great though!

And the music is so out of place it hurts haha. Should never be vocals like that heard in an Oddworld game! Certainly not in Oddysee!!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Page 7, Post 199

DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)

I don't think the music was a good choice for the trailer either, and I preferred the dirty, gritty original Rupture Farms... I guess the new "bling palace" makes more sense since it's meant to be an important facility, though the old one seemed more oppressive somehow. But still, it's just an image in a cut scene, so it doesn't matter really.

/nitpicktastic

Other than that, those cutscene visuals look really good, and it's nice to see more of them.

Last edited by DarkHoodness; 06-05-2014 at 09:56 AM..
Old 06-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Clakker Relic Miner

Scrabaniac is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (376)Scrabaniac is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (376)Scrabaniac is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (376)Scrabaniac is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (376)

omgomgomgomgomgomghjgkfdhsgsjdgsakhjg! It looks amazing. I don't even care about the new look of RF etc. The Bad ending scene with the masked Mudokon looks hella dark! Still no release date though.. You got 4 days guys!

Old 06-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Stunk

DrewCameron managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (47)

The trailer looks really strong and I'm even on board with the new matte paintings, which probably much more closely align with the brighter world this time around.

Great job guys! Some standout moments might be the new ending video with the masked mudokon and the appearance of monsaic lines is absolutely spot on.

The song however, is feverishly inappropriate. Remove it.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)Holy Sock didn't even know they have a destiny (859)

Fuck it. Totally fine with the new look of Rupture Farms. Always got the impression, form all the existing concept art, that a lot of these industrial places looked rather sci-fi.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Thudslug

SoulStorm64 keeps ya spleen toasty (104)SoulStorm64 keeps ya spleen toasty (104)

All I have to say is at the end... kill em.... Masked style.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Also, maybe this is the front of Rupture Farms? The image from the original being the rear...
Old 06-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Necrum Burial Grounds Moderator
Our worst member ever

OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)

Seriously. You guys are awful.

My bowels hurt.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_dude320 View Post
This just in: Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty - E3 Trailer 2014 !

E: Posted here before I watched it myself.

EE:Rupturefarms looks beautiful

EEE:The ressurection scene looks beautiful.

EEEE:Hot damn this just looks so beautiful.
What's with the hipster music?

Also, what's with the awesome look?

Finally, why did you keep the awful logo?
Old 06-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)

What Varrok said. It looks great, but Rupture Farms looks way too futuristic, as opposed to the almost steampunky/retro/modern mix it used to have. It was more gritty and fit the tone of the game better. This one looks like something out of Futurama. Speaking of missing the tone, I don't think I need to mention that music...
As good as this game is looking right now, it still seems that the marketing team need to rethink some things.

E: It still looks fucking swick, though.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Page 7, Post 199

DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)

Oh yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirfsich View Post
Most of us fans are okay.
But please, the UXB press animation in this Indie 9 Video was horrible. You can clearly see Abe's arm would break during this move!...

(I should've made this earlier this afternoon, but whatever)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AbeUXB.jpg
Views:	877
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	13996  

Old 06-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Posts walls of text

Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13779)

To be honest I’m not in love with the more sci-fi design elements in NnT. I always liked the vaguely 19th-century stylings of RuptureFarms, it calls back to the Industrial Revolution and all the soot, grime, appalling working conditions and general grossness of that time.

The music certainly isn’t my favorite as well, but it’s not reflective of the in-game soundtrack so I’ll live.

Honestly though this looks fine and I don’t get the complaints. This building doesn’t stand out at all when you line it up with Oddworld architecture over the course of the series – Sekto Springs Dam, Vykkers Labs, Magog Motors and the Slog Kennels are all pretty crazy too.

twitter (stream of thoughts)
steam (games i never play)

Old 06-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)

Old 06-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Fuzzle

El Dango AGAIN heeds the wisdom of the storystones (162)El Dango AGAIN heeds the wisdom of the storystones (162)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepsotic View Post
Yeah, god forbid they spend a little while fixing up small problems as opposed to releasing it straight away and being full of them.
It wouldn't take a little while, it would take a very big while, and it would really not be worth it in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepsotic View Post
It's called dissociation, google it.
I'll pass, seeing as the thought of it kinda creeps me out.

Also, how are people compaining about the new Rupture Farms? It looks fucking awesome!

Old 06-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Quote:
It wouldn't take a little while, it would take a very big while, and it would really not be worth it in the end.
To correct minor issues, like short animations?

Quote:
I'll pass, seeing as the thought of it kinda creeps me out.
It happens every single time you read, watch or play something.
Quote:
Also, how are people compaining about the new Rupture Farms? It looks fucking awesome!
Read what Manco said.
Quote:
Honestly though this looks fine and I don’t get the complaints. This building doesn't stand out at all when you line it up with Oddworld architecture over the course of the series – Sekto Springs Dam, Vykkers Labs, Magog Motors and the Slog Kennels are all pretty crazy too.
Except the tone of AO is different to the tone of the games succeeding it, but I doubt we need to get into that discussion again.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Page 7, Post 199

Quote:
The artwork is done really well, and the new RF does look impressive - Sleek and futuristic, appropriate to "the biggest meat processing plant on Oddworld" and Mullock's status, and as Manco said, not out of place compared to other Glukkon facilities in later games.

However, grimy appearance of the old version gave it a sense of being an oppressive, filthy and dangerous place owned by greedy industrialists who couldn't give a crap about ethics or pollution - In effect, saying a lot about the game's antagonists. Maybe the new one does that too, but it looks too clean and sleek to do it as well IMO.

(Fanart by ZimfromBM)

Yay for being nitpicky 'n stuff - But it's just some thoughts. It won't ruin my enjoyment of N'n'T any, and I'm liking everything else very much indeed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZimfromBM-RF.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	13997  

Last edited by DarkHoodness; 06-05-2014 at 12:14 PM..
Old 06-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Outlaw Sniper

Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)Slog Bait is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2456)

NEW RUPTURE FARMS IS TOO CLEAN

TOO CLEEEAAN

Old 06-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

I think I like the song. The girl has surprisingly strong voice for someone completely unknown. And it's only trailer, they don't always reflect the real game well.

The logo is still horrible. Like, ultra, piss-poor, bad.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Perhaps the reason they changed it was to give it a more iconic look, like SoulStorm Brewery and the Mines. There's no clear shape to the old Rupture Farms because we never saw much of it from the outside, but I don't think it's necessary to give it an iconic look, it makes it seem smaller, less mysterious and therefore less dangerous. Also clean and sci-fy-y. :{

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrok View Post
I think I like the song. The girl has surprisingly strong voice for someone completely unknown. And it's only trailer, they don't always reflect the real game well.
You know that was intentional though, right?