Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

Old 01-25-2012, 05:50 AM
cun't spill

Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)

You could have a opportunity to work with Oddworld! don't pass that down! I've always wanted to work for Oddworld ever since I went into gaming.

*Glares at Wil*

Twitter | Discord: @Crashpunk25

Old 01-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Thudslug

LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)

And what an opportunity ! ^^

We'll see.

I need to thank you.
New (small) update.

Well...I really need to thank you again. So, why not a little bit more ?

Can't show more, still working on the lighting ;p

Old 01-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)

Haha you tease!!! =D

*throws rep at face*

Old 01-25-2012, 10:12 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)

Quote:
Seriously, don't put yourself down. If some graphics from Abe HD came out looking a bit like what you've done (maybe slightly higher quality, but only slightly), I would think that the game would look awesome. You have a lot of potential, you obviously like Oddworld a lot and have a high attention to detail, and there's always room for you to improve your skills if you have self-doubt - JAW looks like they need people like you, and you can always learn from what they teach you on the job.
What he said
Old 01-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Outlaw Cutter

OddYouko heeds the wisdom of the storystones (166)OddYouko heeds the wisdom of the storystones (166)

Wow! Impressive work, LauricGK. Rep+ for you!
I cannot wait to see more of it all.

Keep it up! It's awesome!
Sleep well my Abe babe~

April 13th, 2007 - October 14th, 2016

Old 01-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Thudslug

LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)LauricGK didn't even know they have a destiny (930)

Thanks again guys !

I just add this information : I'm first a 2D creator, so be aware that fter the 3D part of the scene, there will be some...huge 2D working "post-prod" i'll say !

Old 01-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Silent Contributor

Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)

The work is great, Lauric!
I think J.A.W. would do well to hire you. From a technical standpoint, you definitely have what it takes. I'd be interested in seeing some of your own original creations too. The genius of Oddworld's production design speaks for itself, but I want to see what comes out of your mind

My only gripe is that the Bonewerkz boilers, which have a gritty and unextravagant appearance, are out of harmony with the ostentatious, neo-gothic architecture of Feeco Depot. But you've made your case many times that this is your own personal take, so yeah, ignore me

If J.A.W. doesn't hire you, I bet Tritinfilms - the company I work for - might.

Last edited by Sekto Springs; 01-25-2012 at 06:53 PM..
Old 01-26-2012, 03:11 AM
Formerly Tim Cottenham

Software Bug is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (308)Software Bug is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (308)Software Bug is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (308)Software Bug is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (308)

Now that I have some more free time I finally get around to seeing al the nice things on these forums. Your work is absolutely amazing Lauric! I love the lighting and overal look of all the objects and environment.

Its great to see so many different people working on different stuff, some on games, others on amazing looking high poly environments, like this. Keep up the great work!

Throw around some Mudokons in my game Flying Mudokons!

Need images for your Oddworld fan project? Visit The Oddworld Vector Gallery!

Old 01-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Thudslug

Thank you Tim it means a lot to me, being congratulated by someone like you, with all your great work, etc, it's really nice Thanks !

Sekto thank you again but you know, I'm certainly not the only one guy doing that kind of stuff...I mean, there's a lot of people with more skills than me ; the only difference between me and them is that I'm here showing you a WIP about Oddworld Universe, and not them...They could do easily the same...

Also I live in southern France, kind of "far" from England lol, and I'm...young ? Only 22 !

Thanks again

EDIT : About your words, Spekto. Indeed I think the mix between these two styles (gothic and "modern", I mean not linear shapes) is kind of good, especially because of Feeco depot itself ; if you watch some pictures of the game (in the depot so), you can see that there is this gothic style but mixed with a lot of smoother shapes, like pipes "tanks", etc... So, why not ! ^^

Last edited by LauricGK; 01-26-2012 at 10:05 AM..
Old 01-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Silent Contributor

Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)Sekto Springs is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4398)

lol, "Spekto".

Old 01-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Sgt. Sideburns

MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14299)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14299)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14299)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14299)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14299)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14299)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14299)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14299)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14299)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14299)MeechMunchie must be Chuck Norris or something (14299)

InSpekto' Gadget?

He's a gangsta now.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Just Add Water
Decidedly indecisive

Glitch didn't even know they have a destiny (974)Glitch didn't even know they have a destiny (974)Glitch didn't even know they have a destiny (974)Glitch didn't even know they have a destiny (974)Glitch didn't even know they have a destiny (974)Glitch didn't even know they have a destiny (974)Glitch didn't even know they have a destiny (974)Glitch didn't even know they have a destiny (974)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauricGK View Post
Thanks for your support again...
But I believe I'm far away from the skills of people working on these games...
I think.

For now I'm just having fun, oddworld universe fit completely with my creative style so I keep creating this way because it's very excited and, I have to say it, your support makes me more and more motivated.

I'm gonna finish this WIP, diffuse the final time-lapse video to oddworld communities, and then i'll show you my next project, which is some kind of an oddworld tribute : another world/universe, with weird places, wicked creatures and others funny(f*cked up !) things... My way to say to oddworld creators :

"Damn. Thank you guys."
You should see some of the work people put in their portfolios .
Old 01-27-2012, 02:58 AM
Thudslug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You should see some of the work people put in their portfolios .
I see some, everyday, but you may have some preferences you'd like to share ? I mean, some guy especially or another artist, I don't know...Always a pleasure to see more!

The is this guy, I'm a real real fan of his work, he created a famous picture of Rupture Farms (Matte painting and 3D I guess). here :

http://gameplay.com.ua/files/pics/ru...rms%281%29.jpg

His portofilio : http://www.robertdbrown.com/

Totally insane. Love it !

Sekto,...Sorry. I really don't understand what happened in my head when I wrote Spekto...Spekto patronum ! )

EDIT: I'll post a new picture this afternoon (1:00pm in France), stay tuned

Old 01-27-2012, 07:36 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4126)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4126)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4126)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4126)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4126)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4126)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4126)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4126)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4126)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4126)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4126)

I wanted to rep you for Spekto, but I still can't

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:39 AM
Thudslug

Here is a gift for you ; Very simple and short animation with basic smoke but, animation ! (1h42min rendering time)

http://vimeo.com/35757354

Old 01-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (6168)

OH EM GEE OH EM GEE!!!

I also shat myself from the train noise. XD

Old 01-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Thudslug

And here is what I said ; Some huge update. There still is a lot of work even if it doesn't look like, I sware there is ! Enjoy !

I'll show you a new picture with the trains integrated soon

Old 01-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Formerly Tim Cottenham

Software Bug is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (308)Software Bug is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (308)Software Bug is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (308)Software Bug is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (308)

That's absolutely stunning! So what is your poly count for a scene like that?
Can't wait to see the trains in it!

Old 01-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Thudslug

Just for the ground scene (So what you see in the last picture), exactly 2 695 638 poly , for 24 398 (1699 no-cloned only) objects. That's a lot, and it's not finished yet !

Old 01-27-2012, 07:34 PM
No Artificial Colours

Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)Phylum is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5677)

Boilers don't smoke cigarettes.

Great work! It looks fantastic animated.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:37 AM
Formerly Tim Cottenham

Quote:
Just for the ground scene (So what you see in the last picture), exactly 2 695 638 poly , for 24 398 (1699 no-cloned only) objects. That's a lot, and it's not finished yet !
Haha that is a lot! To be honest as I limit myself to game design only I can only dream of that kind of poly's haha! (Apart from of course ZBrush for normal maps!)

Old 01-28-2012, 06:51 AM
Page 7, Post 199

DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)DarkHoodness is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2104)

Like Havoc I'd like to throw more rep but I can't. The work you're showing here is looking more even more incredible, the animation was awesome, and keep up the good work.

Quote:
I'm certainly not the only one guy doing that kind of stuff...I mean, there's a lot of people with more skills than me ; the only difference between me and them is that I'm here showing you a WIP about Oddworld Universe, and not them...They could do easily the same...

Also I live in southern France, kind of "far" from England lol, and I'm...young ? Only 22!
There are probably few people with your skill who are as interested in the Oddworld universe as you are. Sure, JAW could hire just about anyone, but if artists have a deep interest in what they're doing then they're more likely to produce better artwork. And 22 isn't too young - You are definitely skilled enough, and that's what matters. Remember what I said earlier about not putting yourself down. :P

Listen to what we're saying, man.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Thudslug

What to say except one more title, thank you !

We'll see.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Thudslug

Ok, I just saw in my CP user the "rep+" system...

And so all of you who gave me some with the commentaries joined

...Thank you ! (Am I to much repetitive...? ^^) It's very nice !

EDIT: Some more updates tomorrow, I sware

Old 02-04-2012, 05:34 AM
Thudslug

Huge mess !
9 734 886 polygons !
Here we go !

EDIT: You may think the picture is too...much, but don't worry, as you have seen on the last colored picture, lighting work re-organize the final result
Working now on the background, between the two trains from the right side ; We're coming to the end !

Last edited by LauricGK; 02-04-2012 at 05:38 AM..
Old 02-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7769)

It's brilliant and definitely not too much
Old 02-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Sewer Sleg

AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (452)

STUNNING.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Spark Stunk

nowtun is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (316)nowtun is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (316)nowtun is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (316)nowtun is an amazingly versatile little blue guy (316)

looks ace :-) must have taken an age to render 9 million polys hehe
Old 02-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Thudslug

Thanks a lot !
Hmm not so much, actually ! Only 27 minutes !

Old 02-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Thudslug

Working on the background (Well, some part of it, actually )