Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

Old 03-25-2016, 02:32 PM
Bolamite

grimGadabout keeps ya spleen toasty (112)grimGadabout keeps ya spleen toasty (112)
Default Grim's Oddworld Art Dump

I dunno if I'm gonna have a lot here. I'll start with a sketch I'm working on right now of a chibi-ish bust of Abe.

Again, its not finished, but it's looking pretty good so far, so I thought I'd share it and see what you guys think.

(Also, my Mac doesn't have the best camera.)
Old 03-25-2016, 02:33 PM
Outlaw Cutter

Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)

Is this an ARG?
Old 03-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Bolamite

grimGadabout keeps ya spleen toasty (112)grimGadabout keeps ya spleen toasty (112)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlam View Post
Is this an ARG?
Ok, please don't. This is supposed to be a thread for my Oddworld art and comments about my Oddworld art. It has NOTHING to do with the ARG.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:38 PM
Outlaw Cutter

Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)Vlam didn't even know they have a destiny (794)

It's a masterpiece!
Old 03-25-2016, 02:40 PM
Bola Blast

FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)

It's really cute!

E: [All-seeing potoo ninjaburd intensifies]

Old 03-25-2016, 02:40 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7725)

It looks cute

E: Fennec's a ninja
Old 03-25-2016, 02:42 PM
Bolamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FennecFyre View Post
It's really cute!
Thanks! Chibi style is the style I mostly do. I might make another thread in the non-Oddworld works with a bunch of the drawings I've put on Tumblr. I love showing my art and getting tips on how to make it better.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:48 PM
Outlaw Cutter

Seriously, it's really impressive. How long did it take you to draw it?
Old 03-25-2016, 05:38 PM
Bolamite

Quote:
Seriously, it's really impressive. How long did it take you to draw it?
It took me about 10/15 minutes to draw, but that's only 'cause it was a quick outline-type sketch.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:01 PM
Bolamite

I inked it. .w.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:22 PM
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)JayDee will be our finest member EVER! (1389)

The way that Abe looks is quite similar to the style of pixel art I use in my fan games so maybe I'm bias, but I really like it! You should try drawing more creatures or more muds!
(*cough* Kip *cough*)

Old 03-27-2016, 08:37 AM
Outlaw Cutter

The level of detail is incredible.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:06 AM
Bolamite

Quote:
Please stop trolling. I'm here to make friends and your sarcasm CLEARLY isn't helping. Unless you ACTUALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT MY ART, please don't post anything.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:14 AM
Bola Blast

FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)FennecFyre didn't even know they have a destiny (854)

Yeeeeahhhhh, normally I don't mind Vlam being, well, Vlam, but that really was kinda dickish.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:22 AM
Bolamite

Quote:
Yeeeeahhhhh, normally I don't mind Vlam being, well, Vlam, but that really was kinda dickish.
I'm seriously here to make friends who have same interests that I do and stuff like that. I love showing off my art, but him being like this is making me think twice.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:34 AM
Bola Blast

Try not to take it personally, s'just what he does. OWF isn't really known for being a friendly place, but you just gotta roll with it sometimes.

For what it's worth, I definitely think you have potential.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:45 AM
Bolamite

Quote:
Try not to take it personally, s'just what he does. OWF isn't really known for being a friendly place, but you just gotta roll with it sometimes.

For what it's worth, I definitely think you have potential.
Thanks. I'm know I'm not the best artist, but I'm pretty proud of my cartoon style. I even made a thread showing off my other art in the Non-Oddworld fan corner part.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:53 PM
cun't spill

Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)Crashpunk is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5511)

Don't take any notice of Vlam.

I like the style. Keep it up.

Twitter | Discord: @Crashpunk25

Old 03-28-2016, 11:24 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)

It looks good but you really need to stop chickenscratching.

Last edited by Nepsotic; 03-28-2016 at 11:30 AM..
Old 03-28-2016, 12:02 PM
Bola Blast

"Stop chickenscratching" = new forum meme, apparently.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:06 PM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)MA is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9293)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepsotic View Post
It looks good but you really need to stop chickenscratching.
shut up, both of you. save the sarcasm for Off-Topic. trolling in an art thread isn't funny, it's actually a pretty shady thing to do and there's no sport in it. this is their work. be respectful, or don't say anything at all. i can't believe you don't realize this.

especially you, Nep. i thought you were better than following Vlam's lead. i mean, Vlam of all people. my god.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:21 AM
Bolamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA View Post
shut up, both of you. save the sarcasm for Off-Topic. trolling in an art thread isn't funny, it's actually a pretty shady thing to do and there's no sport in it. this is their work. be respectful, or don't say anything at all. i can't believe you don't realize this.

especially you, Nep. i thought you were better than following Vlam's lead. i mean, Vlam of all people. my god.
Thank you for saying this. It means a lot to me. I know my drawing isn't "detailed" or anything like that but its my art. Its how I draw.

With any artist, people should be respectful and give constructive criticism, not be sarcastic and make fun of the person's work.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:08 AM
Outlaw Cutter

grimGadabout, I'm sorry, it wasn't my intent to hurt you.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:04 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3786)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimGadabout View Post
Thank you for saying this. It means a lot to me. I know my drawing isn't "detailed" or anything like that but its my art. Its how I draw.

With any artist, people should be respectful and give constructive criticism, not be sarcastic and make fun of the person's work.
Actually both is fine. Don't tell me you've never laughed at an awful film or awful drawing before. I'm not saying yours is, but it's the same principle.

Old 03-30-2016, 01:35 PM
Bolamite

Quote:
Actually both is fine. Don't tell me you've never laughed at an awful film or awful drawing before. I'm not saying yours is, but it's the same principle.
I may have had the occasional chuckle from a bad piece of art (mainly my really old drawings) or a bad film, but I never ever made fun of it in a vocal manner.

Quote:
grimGadabout, I'm sorry, it wasn't my intent to hurt you.
Thank you for apologizing. I'm sorry for getting short with you as well. I know you may have been goofing around, but I really just wanted some ideas to help make my art better, you know? This is the first time I've actually drawn Abe, and I'm proud of it, but I know I can do better, I just need to figure out how.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:10 AM
Bolamite

That moment when you're working on a drawing in photoshop and PHOTOSHOP DOESN'T WANT TO WORK WITH YOU. UGH. I'm trying to finish the drawing and photoshop wants to hate me. ;-;
Old 04-04-2016, 06:34 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

You're probably just bad at Photoshop. Try Sai.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:10 AM
Bolamite

Quote:
You're probably just bad at Photoshop. Try Sai.
That's actually not it. I don't have a drawing tablet to draw my stuff the way I wanna draw it. What I have to do is take a picture of my drawing after inking it, and then I have to put it into photoshop and make a seprate layer with the outline. If I had a drawing tablet, I could take out the need to take pictures of drawings in my sketchbooks and it would look smoother.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Clakker Store Clerk

Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)Vyrien is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2165)

Getting a tablet won't increase your art skills.

Also you have to completely relearn how to draw with a tablet, its not like digital pen and paper.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Bolamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyrien View Post
Getting a tablet won't increase your art skills.

Also you have to completely relearn how to draw with a tablet, its not like digital pen and paper.
I've used one before with one of my classes and it was easier for me.