Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 12-05-2017, 07:03 AM
Super Stingbee

Vanilla ✜ does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auriel View Post
yeah I'll just sit here and assume you were joking :P
Well, along with a bigger screen, and controller support but not having Quiksave is the only thing stopping AO being the closest thing to a perfect game we have.

"Chris: Imagine killing yourself by throwing a gamecube into a bathtub,
that would be such a good way to go.
DingDong: You get transported into Smash Brothers."
We also have an OWF Discord

Old 12-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)

Quote:
yeah I'll just sit here and assume you were joking :P
Me too, that's why I joined
Old 12-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWI_Alex View Post
Absolutely
Mod tool mod tool mod tool mod tool mod tools MOD TOOLS.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:59 AM
Fuzzle

Auriel heeds the wisdom of the storystones (167)Auriel heeds the wisdom of the storystones (167)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla ✜ View Post
Well, along with a bigger screen, and controller support but not having Quiksave is the only thing stopping AO being the closest thing to a perfect game we have.
I mean if the difficulty gets heavily (and I mean heavily) boosted..sure why not
Old 12-05-2017, 09:42 AM
Spark Stunk

Michael is getting this party started, handsome (489)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (489)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (489)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (489)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (489)

Ok so let's speculate that an 'Abe HD' could be on the way. AO assets were designed for 4:3 so I'm assuming that an HD rerelease couldn't fit 16:9 without being stretched?

As far as the source code being found, would this include original 3D assets, animations etc in order to re-render the old FMVs, sprites and artwork at much higher resolution? Or is this all separate from the source code? I'm not 100% on the technical definition!
Old 12-05-2017, 10:14 AM
Fuzzle

Yokai keeps ya spleen toasty (129)Yokai keeps ya spleen toasty (129)

Next image is out. It's clearly Munch, but in this concept, he was a Frankenstein-esque monster created by the Vykkers. Interesting.

Quote:
LOST ARCHIVE IMAGE #1:
“Today’s lost archive image is ‘An early exploration for Munch’ This poor guy’s been subject to one too many experiments.“
Old 12-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Spark Stunk

Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)

Well would you look at these! This is all interesting!
I guess these images are lost archives that didn't do it to the Art Book. This is great, I'm looking forward for more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
Mod tool mod tool mod tool mod tool mod tools MOD TOOLS.
I second this

Last edited by Phoetux; 12-05-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Old 12-05-2017, 05:24 PM
Sewer Sleg

AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (442)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (442)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (442)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (442)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (442)

@OWI_Alex if you do plan on doing anything with AO/AE sourcecode, if ur wanting to fix bugs u can come ask the speedrunning community about them because we've discovered lots in all our gameplaying, along with theories for what causes them... an upscaling of the originals would be a dream come true for many of us

... and as someone said above somewhere, modern controller support is a must! we're currently having to use gamepad-to-keyboard mapping software to play the game (unless we use keyboard controls )

Last edited by AvengingGibbons; 12-05-2017 at 05:28 PM..
Old 12-05-2017, 08:11 PM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)Havoc is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4041)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengingGibbons View Post
@OWI_Alex if you do plan on doing anything with AO/AE sourcecode, if ur wanting to fix bugs u can come ask the speedrunning community about them because we've discovered lots in all our gameplaying
Oh my fucking god I swear...

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:31 PM
Bolamite

Oddio managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (14)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
Oh my fucking god I swear...
what's wrong?
Old 12-05-2017, 11:44 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7498)

Don't swear, please
Old 12-06-2017, 02:39 AM
Sewer Sleg

AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (442)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (442)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (442)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (442)AvengingGibbons is getting this party started, handsome (442)

he must be hyped
Old 12-06-2017, 07:33 AM
Fuzzle

Auriel heeds the wisdom of the storystones (167)Auriel heeds the wisdom of the storystones (167)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Ok so let's speculate that an 'Abe HD' could be on the way. AO assets were designed for 4:3 so I'm assuming that an HD rerelease couldn't fit 16:9 without being stretched?

As far as the source code being found, would this include original 3D assets, animations etc in order to re-render the old FMVs, sprites and artwork at much higher resolution? Or is this all separate from the source code? I'm not 100% on the technical definition!
Hasn't "Abe HD" been out for well over 3 years by now?
Either way I'm not sure why you guys expect OWI to do anything with the old source code now that they're finally working on an entirely new game.
Loving the artwork tho!
Old 12-06-2017, 08:38 AM
Spark Stunk

Michael is getting this party started, handsome (489)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (489)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (489)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (489)Michael is getting this party started, handsome (489)

Quote:
Hasn't "Abe HD" been out for well over 3 years by now?
Either way I'm not sure why you guys expect OWI to do anything with the old source code now that they're finally working on an entirely new game.
Loving the artwork tho!
OWI_Alex pretty much confirmed something is being planned with the source code, though we're purely speculating at this time as to what that could be Mod Tools are popular, as is some kind of upscaled/higher res port of the original AO to new devices.

I have no idea whether an actual HD Abe's Oddysee (using all the original assets rendered at 1080p) is possible, but to my knowledge the loss of the old source code was the reason this couldn't be done before. Hence NNT being a ground up remake.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:58 PM
Spark Stunk

Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)Phoetux is getting this party started, handsome (466)

New image! This time is Sam, finally we got something of her after decades!

Quote:
An early exploration for Sam, a Mudokon Queen who is also Abe's mom. She's too large to move and is imprisoned here with one of her children. Her eggs are born into the workforce with 'Shrink' AI Sam's only companion.
Designed to keep her motivated and positive to lay more productive eggs. Sam was intended to feature in both Munch's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus, and she is a character we will return to someday - her story will thicken.
Uh, so she still tries to be happy even though her children are destinated to be slaves. Damn.
Also this image also confirms that Sam will appear in the new quintology, great hype.

Note to admins: can you guys change the title of the thread to a better one? So it's gonna be easier to search and find in the future.

Last edited by Phoetux; 12-06-2017 at 02:06 PM..
Old 12-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Fuzzle

Silver angel managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (43)

Very trendy dress she has Woman should never forget she's a real lady, even in slavery! And I think the cub may be Abe.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:32 PM
Spark Stunk

She also has stitch lips! If she sewed Abe's to stop him from crying, what could be the explanation for hers?
Old 12-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
She also has stitch lips! If she sewed Abe's to stop him from crying, what could be the explanation for hers?
Concept art. None of this is canon.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Fuzzle

Yokai keeps ya spleen toasty (129)Yokai keeps ya spleen toasty (129)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoetux View Post

New image! This time is Sam, finally we got something of her after decades!

Uh, so she still tries to be happy even though her children are destinated to be slaves. Damn.
Also this image also confirms that Sam will appear in the new quintology, great hype.

Note to admins: can you guys change the title of the thread to a better one? So it's gonna be easier to search and find in the future.
Think she'll appear in Soulstorm?
Old 12-06-2017, 10:48 PM
Spark Stunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokai View Post
Think she'll appear in Soulstorm?
Maybe, or maybe not. We have no idea.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:31 AM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)

We need more pictures of baby Muds, they are adorable

Old 12-07-2017, 06:26 AM
Fuzzle

Silver angel managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (43)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
We need more pictures of baby Muds, they are adorable
Yes!
Old 12-07-2017, 06:55 AM
Spark Stunk

Another image for today:

This time it's early concepts of Magog Lawyers. They don't look like modern lawyers at all but they're pretty cool. The short one looks like a pope

Last edited by Phoetux; 12-08-2017 at 08:50 AM..
Old 12-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Super Stingbee

Vanilla ✜ does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoetux View Post
Another image for today:

This time it's early concepts of Magog Lawyers. They don't look like modern lawyers at all but they're pretty cool. The short one looks like a pope
I love that top right one, the one on the stand is kind of cute, but he would be hard to take seriously.

"Chris: Imagine killing yourself by throwing a gamecube into a bathtub,
that would be such a good way to go.
DingDong: You get transported into Smash Brothers."
We also have an OWF Discord

Old 12-07-2017, 07:57 AM
Fuzzle

Speaking of Magog lawyers, I hope this means we get to see these soon..
Old 12-07-2017, 08:35 AM
Bolamite

Oddio managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (14)
Idea

the baby mud reminds me of alf.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Howler Punk

HOMINIX is on a roll now (244)HOMINIX is on a roll now (244)HOMINIX is on a roll now (244)

Did they end up telling us what the first concept art turned out to be? Sligs?
Old 12-08-2017, 12:24 AM
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)Xavier is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3560)

Quote:
Speaking of Magog lawyers, I hope this means we get to see these soon..
I'd think so:

http://www.oddworld.com/lostarchives.jpg

Old 12-08-2017, 04:43 AM
Bolamite

CravenKnight does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (57)

i've wanted to see more of the chroniclers for fucking years, i always liked their appearance. tall and skinny with a bad suit, sock suspenders and an uncaring expression, smoking a cigarette. it's like the epitome of a slimy 1950's lawyer, only in it for the moolah.

so glad they're releasing this stuff.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Spark Stunk

New image, and it's Munch again!

He looks so cool in this concept art, he doesn't even have the innocent aspect we saw in his game. Looks more like a villain actually (but not necessarily), the style in this concept is awesome