Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Necrum Burial Grounds Moderator
Our worst member ever

OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)
Default What are you reading?

Go.

I am currently reading "The Picture of Dorian Gray" By Oscar Wilde. I can't say that I am entirely enamored with his philosophy of astheticism but I still find the book to be terribly interesting. Plus, it's very well written.

My bowels hurt.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Symphonium

used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)used:) is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3040)

"Return of the Native" by Thomas Hardy. A very long and drawn out British novel for summer reading.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Outlaw Mortar

Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)Kimon has learned amuch throughout their quest (518)

Ahh! Ahh!

Changing Planes, by Ursula LeGuin. It's entertaining, but not much else. I'm also in the middle of a few books that are never going to be finished, including Nickel Mountain by John Gardener (of "Grendel" fame) and "The Age of American Unreason", which is requires such intellectual stimulation that it took me 3 months to read 70 pages. Bummer, and I was learning such great things.

I also just read "Blankets" by Craig Thompson, which is a graphic novel (I don't know if that counts). But it was superbly drawn and written, definite recommendation to anyone (especially fans of Menonomena's "Friend and Foe" album cover).

Old 07-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Beautiful Bastard

Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)

The Science of the Discworld 2, tis good but it doesn't hold a candle to the first.
“I always believe the movies I've made are smarter than the way they are perceived by sort of mass culture and by the critics,” Snyder said, a statement he immediately followed by saying, “Also, ‘It looks like a video game.’

Old 07-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Our worst member ever

OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)OANST must be Chuck Norris or something (16334)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
Ahh! Ahh!

Changing Planes, by Ursula LeGuin. It's entertaining, but not much else. ).
Agreed. I love LeGuin but was not much more than slightly interested in the stories. Read "The Dispossessed" when you get the chance. It's her at her best.

My bowels hurt.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hobo is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3412)Hobo is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3412)Hobo is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3412)Hobo is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3412)Hobo is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3412)Hobo is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3412)Hobo is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3412)Hobo is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3412)Hobo is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3412)Hobo is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3412)Hobo is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3412)

Freakonomics...Not terribly great so far IMHO.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Less worse

Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)

The Zombie Survival Guide and just finished re-reading Wathmen. I'm gonna have to read V for Vendetta now, some sort of Alan Moore addiction.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Outlaw Sniper

Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)

Kastere, have you read Max Brooks "World War Z"?

Its a great follow up to The Zombie Survival Guide but its a tad dry...much like the survival guide really

Anyway ATM i'm reading Gotrek and Felix Vampireslayer by William King, I am a large fan of Warhammer Fanatasy books and the series has lots of gore and sex, sprinkled with a bit of swearing to keep me entained.

My english teacher gave my class homework to read "To Kill A Mockingbird" over the summer hols so i'll be reading that aswell

Old 07-29-2008, 01:11 AM
Bayesian Empirimancer

Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings of Fire View Post
The Science of the Discworld 2, tis good but it doesn't hold a candle to the first.
I'm reading that right now too! Granted, the sheer scope is not the same as the first, but that is because it's tackling humanity specifically. I love the insights, and the topic about free will (Free Won't) is exactly what I came up with about a year ago.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:45 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13093)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old and not so tasty View Post
I am currently reading "The Picture of Dorian Gray" By Oscar Wilde. I can't say that I am entirely enamored with his philosophy of astheticism but I still find the book to be terribly interesting. Plus, it's very well written.
Yeah, I thought it was an interesting book, even if the story wasn't all that gripping. Plus it's really, really gay. In a good way.

Just started reading The Stone Key, which is the fifth book of the Obernewtyn series. I started reading it about 13 or 14 years ago, when only two books were out. Every succeeding book has taken longer and longer and she keeps on promising that the next one will be the last. This one came out at the beginning of the year and I reread the entire series up to this point so I'm extremely excited to be going forward, even if I'll probably be in my 30's before this thing is resolved.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:54 AM
Riot Slug

alf's brother's mate keeps ya spleen toasty (132)alf's brother's mate keeps ya spleen toasty (132)

I am currently reading Rainbow 6 for the first time. It's good so far, but i guess it appeals to me because i am into military stuff

ABM
Old 07-29-2008, 02:00 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)

Still ploughing my way through Audrey Niffenegger’s The Time Traveler’s Wife. It’s only the second non-Dune, non-Discworld novel I’ve read in years, and it took me a while to get used to American spelling (I thought at first my library didn’t have it because it didn’t show up in my catalogue searches), but enjoying it greatly.

Which reminds me, I should renew it. Now is not the time for me to waste money.

Also working my way through Iain Simon’s Inside Game Design, because I bought it but never read it.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:15 AM
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

Alcar did it, and their Quarma is tops (1697)Alcar did it, and their Quarma is tops (1697)Alcar did it, and their Quarma is tops (1697)Alcar did it, and their Quarma is tops (1697)Alcar did it, and their Quarma is tops (1697)Alcar did it, and their Quarma is tops (1697)Alcar did it, and their Quarma is tops (1697)Alcar did it, and their Quarma is tops (1697)Alcar did it, and their Quarma is tops (1697)Alcar did it, and their Quarma is tops (1697)Alcar did it, and their Quarma is tops (1697)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max the Mug View Post
Still ploughing my way through Audrey Niffenegger’s The Time Traveler’s Wife.

Also working my way through Iain Simon’s Inside Game Design, because I bought it but never read it.
Oh! We are so alike!

I'm reading The Time Traveler’s Wife at a snail's pace, but I've already finished Inside Game Design.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

Old 07-29-2008, 02:29 AM
Bayesian Empirimancer

Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)Bullet Magnet is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (8764)

My mum had it, and I flicked through it a bit before she took it away to keep reading. I haven't seen it since.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:55 AM
Outlaw Mortar

Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Magnet View Post
I'm reading that right now too! Granted, the sheer scope is not the same as the first, but that is because it's tackling humanity specifically. I love the insights, and the topic about free will (Free Won't) is exactly what I came up with about a year ago.

I almost bought it to read on Holiday as well,but I still haven't read the first one yet.

So yes, I'm reading lots and lots of Discworld. Currently on Going Postal.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:32 AM
Beautiful Bastard

Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)Wings of Fire must be Chuck Norris or something (13608)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Magnet View Post
First time I tried to tackle them was a couple of years ago and I gave up on the second, purely because the hard science didn't grip me as much. You'll be pleased to know that now, with two years of social sciences under my back, I'm finding it far more interesting and enjoyable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch's Master View Post
So yes, I'm reading lots and lots of Discworld. Currently on Going Postal.
One of my all time favourite Discworld books that, second only to Night Watch.
“I always believe the movies I've made are smarter than the way they are perceived by sort of mass culture and by the critics,” Snyder said, a statement he immediately followed by saying, “Also, ‘It looks like a video game.’

Old 07-29-2008, 07:01 AM
Outlaw Mortar

Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)Munch's Master has learned amuch throughout their quest (745)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings of Fire View Post

One of my all time favourite Discworld books that, second only to Night Watch.
Hmmm, interesting. It didn't look that appealing to me, but after this news I'm looking forward to it. I loved Night Watch too, cracking book.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)

Yeah, none of that. I finished reading Augusten Burrough's Wolf At the Table, a memoir of sorts. Good read if you read his previous books, (Dry and Running With Scissors). Slightly fucked up but I can pry myself from them.

Re-reading Animal Farm for the umpteenth time...

No comment.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Cute as a rabbit

Rex Tirano has learned amuch throughout their quest (682)Rex Tirano has learned amuch throughout their quest (682)Rex Tirano has learned amuch throughout their quest (682)Rex Tirano has learned amuch throughout their quest (682)Rex Tirano has learned amuch throughout their quest (682)Rex Tirano has learned amuch throughout their quest (682)

Look at all you with your in-depth novels.

I'm reading Gordon Ramsay's biography.

How trashy. ^_^ Trashy but good.

- Rexy

Old 07-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Less worse

Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)Mac Sirloin is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7645)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonyman! View Post
Yeah, none of that. I finished reading Augusten Burrough's Wolf At the Table, a memoir of sorts. Good read if you read his previous books, (Dry and Running With Scissors). Slightly fucked up but I can pry myself from them.

Re-reading Animal Farm for the umpteenth time...

No comment.
I saw the running with Scissors movie, and thought it was great. Would I enjoy the book?

Old 07-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)Wil is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (9266)

FYI, Fuzzle Guy is reading Mein Kampf.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Outlaw Sniper

Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)Laser will be our finest member EVER! (1482)

I played a game by a company called Running with Scissors, listened to an album called called Running with Scissors and I actually ran with scissors...would I like the book?

Old 07-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Less worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser View Post
I played a game by a company called Running with Scissors, listened to an album called called Running with Scissors and I actually ran with scissors...would I like the book?
NO

Old 07-30-2008, 03:50 AM
Outlaw Sniper

mudling keeps ya spleen toasty (123)mudling keeps ya spleen toasty (123)

Haven't read for a while, but the last realy decent books I read where english classics which I read because they were the one only things they had in english while I was in exchange in Italy, and after 5 weeks, I was gettig bored.
Read Frankenstein, oh my gosh it's depressing, typical of the period, and brilliant, but still you know it's all going to happen but it still so upsetting when it does.
A Christmas Carol however at least had some redemption, and was obviously well written, I liked it, despite my age, plus, it was my first almost white christmas.
Still read over 1984 over and over again when I'm bored, that book is brilliant, seriously, after reading it a first time I was a bit blank, but now I appreciate it more and more with every time I think about it, which is alot.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:32 PM
Outlaw Shooter

Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)Anonyman! is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2269)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastere View Post
I saw the running with Scissors movie, and thought it was great. Would I enjoy the book?
It's a more explicit version. Plus you can read it. I'd say so.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:10 AM
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox heeds the wisdom of the storystones (154)Zerox heeds the wisdom of the storystones (154)

King Solomon's Ring, again.

Freakin' win.

No, it's not fiction, either.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (774)

I'm trying to read "Seeker" by... I don't know nor care but it's like one of those times where your not sure wether to laugh or not. It's not really my style but I'm giving it a chance because I like the plot but the way it's written isn't my taste. Add that with the confusing teleporting to other scenes and it becomes kind of annoying that you can't just continue with the main charactor.

But it's well done otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Old 08-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Laserguns!

Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)

Just rereading the Yotsuba@! manga.

I'm trying to get together some ideas for my own fantasy novel. It's a lucrative industry and it's basically an open-channel into the minds of young people, perfect for filling their heads with my ideals. =3
rock band, jazz band,
karate, kendo, mahjong, cyborg, synchronized swimming...
On the other hand, high school boys are
useless outside battle and sports anime.
But they're recklessly trying to make a slice-of-life anime about us.
Ah, we are high school boys,
the miserable high school boys.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Our worst member ever

If by "open channel into the minds of young people" you mean that it's a constant rehashing of unoriginal ideas and two dimensional characters then I completely agree.

My bowels hurt.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Laserguns!

Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)Strike Witch is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (4900)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old and not so tasty View Post
If by "open channel into the minds of young people" you mean that it's a constant rehashing of unoriginal ideas and two dimensional characters then I completely agree.
Exactally. What better way to subvert them then through something so familiar and comforting?
rock band, jazz band,
karate, kendo, mahjong, cyborg, synchronized swimming...
On the other hand, high school boys are
useless outside battle and sports anime.
But they're recklessly trying to make a slice-of-life anime about us.
Ah, we are high school boys,
the miserable high school boys.